Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 14:27

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Old Rohan • Dedicated 24/7 • Medium rates

Reply
 
Old   #916
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
Somebody thinks way too much of themselves.

lol.
You seem like the type of person who doesn't even play rohan, isn't known much by anyone but goes around kissing the Developers *** by commenting in their favor and against anyone their against..

Grow up and get your own opinion..

I don't care much to be liked by Developers, I play with a group of friends and we all have respect for each other.

PS: @ asdfrohan, where do i see my Element ? Playing a wizard and wanna see the elements, i got the skill that boosts Elements by 30% and i have no idea what it increases apart from resistance which is already 100



peinful is offline  
Old   #917
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Blame YNK. The resistances you see are the actual element values mod 255. You can see your base elemental in the character windows "Base resistance" column. However, the true final elemental cannot be shown as of now.


Now regarding "im batman". He's well know in the scene and his voice is respected by everyone of the devs. He doesnt have to lick butts like other persons, *cough cough*.
I cannot expect you to know him but yea...

PS: I doubt you could do anything to kill oldrohan... yayaya


asdfRohan is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #918
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 346
Received Thanks: 63
@Pein
You should have come here maybe a couple months ago when Deez was running around, sadly most went to other pservers and I went back to Gaywith cause i got tired of all the pserver jumping...
...hopefully some guys will return with the next added patches :l
Hope you have fun

@asdfRohan
Hope that next patch goes live soon cant wait to check it out


If enough people come back ill be back to xD
rbnwarior is offline  
Old   #919
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 806
Received Thanks: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
You seem like the type of person who doesn't even play rohan, isn't known much by anyone but goes around kissing the Developers ass by commenting in their favor and against anyone their against..

Grow up and get your own opinion..

I don't care much to be liked by Developers, I play with a group of friends and we all have respect for each other.
Seems the only person whose opinion I am most often in conflict with is yours. You see unlike you I don't try and shove my ideas down a developer's throat, then rag at them about how their server sucks and will close soon simply because they don't care for my opinion. I will happily provide them with an opinion if they ask me for it, but I don't ride their asses about it.

Frankly I've seen the ideas you want to see. It is great that you have ideas and want to see them happen. I am just not on your "It's new! Love it!" (butt kissing stage), "They don't want my ideas" (honeymoon over), "Hate it" (butt hurt) bandwagon. I like to see servers where the devs are not afraid to try out new stuff and not so worried about the legacy play paradigm.

You see, I firmly believe in letting developer build their servers the way they want. If I see something I like, I encourage them. If I see something I don't like, I will mention it to them and leave it up to then to do something - or not.

When it comes to the operation of anybody's server I do NOT have an opinion on it. The only game server I would have an opinion on is my own and that won't happen as long as I still need to be employed in the software development industry.

What I find particularly funny as hell though is that after you have joined this server, played it, tried to get them to put your ideas in, got rejected and finally ragged at them about how how much their server sucks and how it will die "any day now", you keep coming back and playing on it.

Perhaps your opinion really isn't worth so much, is it.

@asdfRohan

I'm not that well known in Rohan dev circles (though I have been playing at the official site since 2008 N.A. OBT), but my best friend is. I believe is him you are thinking of. You guys really didn't like my ideas, but keep it up, you are doing well.


im batman is offline  
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #920
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #921
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Blame YNK. The resistances you see are the actual element values mod 255. You can see your base elemental in the character windows "Base resistance" column. However, the true final elemental cannot be shown as of now.


Now regarding "im batman". He's well know in the scene and his voice is respected by everyone of the devs. He doesnt have to lick butts like other persons, *cough cough*.
I cannot expect you to know him but yea...

PS: I doubt you could do anything to kill oldrohan... yayaya
Seems like a random D*ck to me just running his mouth around not playing any server or giving his opinion on anything.. But hey, i'm just a player.. what do i know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
@Pein
You should have come here maybe a couple months ago when Deez was running around, sadly most went to other pservers and I went back to Gaywith cause i got tired of all the pserver jumping...
...hopefully some guys will return with the next added patches :l
Hope you have fun

@asdfRohan
Hope that next patch goes live soon cant wait to check it out


If enough people come back ill be back to xD
Yea Lacie, warlocks are awesome.. i love the skill changes to them

PS: i got some people to re-join with me but the lack of respect we get from developers... it's shocking.. Wish for once a Developer would have a certain level of professionalism and customer service.. Not just ideas implemented and like it or leave..
peinful is offline  
Old   #922
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 762
Received Thanks: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Blame YNK. The resistances you see are the actual element values mod 255. You can see your base elemental in the character windows "Base resistance" column. However, the true final elemental cannot be shown as of now.


Now regarding "im batman". He's well know in the scene and his voice is respected by everyone of the devs. He doesnt have to lick butts like other persons, *cough cough*.
I cannot expect you to know him but yea...

PS: I doubt you could do anything to kill oldrohan... yayaya
Most of servers die on their own fault "cough cough" having a server with less then 200 players its not even worth the effort.Cuz people will get borred due to the ability of not having who to PK / Kill or do something that will get their intrest.

Most of the people dont even care how server looks or what it has they just want to fight each other or better said ZERG each other.
DretoNEX is offline  
Old   #923
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
PS: i got some people to re-join with me but the lack of respect we get from developers... it's shocking.. Wish for once a Developer would have a certain level of professionalism and customer service.. Not just ideas implemented and like it or leave..
Im not lacking respect at all. Im treating everyone with respect as long as they do treat me that way aswell. You didnt do that in the past, so thats what you get for it.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #924
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
Most of servers die on their own fault "cough cough" having a server with less then 200 players its not even worth the effort.Cuz people will get borred due to the ability of not having who to PK / Kill or do something that will get their intrest.

Most of the people dont even care how server looks or what it has they just want to fight each other or better said ZERG each other.
You're 50% right there.

I'd have to say people do like to zerg each other, however Pre-Hero is always better for zergs..
Hero is obviously against zergs... Equality, Wideffs and Doubleffs. All the Super Inflated rings and armor..

It's fun to zerg in bedron cuz you know the fight gunna last a couple minutes because the most you can hit people is like 2k..

Hero servers suck for zergs because u get a temp running in there with full inflated melee/magic **** 30% scrolls and Super Allstats and attack force and guess what.. His Equality takes out your friends and you get hit 8k.. Ain't no fun anymore.

I would have to agree, someone said it before but i can't remember who.. R5 would have to be the most fun time.. No Super allstats, no Inflated Melee, No Glacial, No Heroic Power, none of that **** that makes Rohan "not fun"

Silva should be the best boss ^_^
peinful is offline  
Old   #925
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
You're 50% right there.

I'd have to say people do like to zerg each other, however Pre-Hero is always better for zergs..
Hero is obviously against zergs... Equality, Wideffs and Doubleffs. All the Super Inflated rings and armor..
Hero was about personal power inflation from the start, sent out of control by blind YNK devs who simply didn't understand the numbers and multipliers inside of their own game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
It's fun to zerg in bedron cuz you know the fight gunna last a couple minutes because the most you can hit people is like 2k..

Hero servers suck for zergs because u get a temp running in there with full inflated melee/magic shit 30% scrolls and Super Allstats and attack force and guess what.. His Equality takes out your friends and you get hit 8k.. Ain't no fun anymore.
Again, the basic 110 setup is rotten. It's not just the skills that need heavy rework but so do a great deal of accessories and also the basic stats of Glacial gear (which no f*****g Indo seems to have a damn clue about!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
I would have to agree, someone said it before but i can't remember who.. R5 would have to be the most fun time.. No Super allstats, no Inflated Melee, No Glacial, No Heroic Power, none of that crap that makes Rohan "not fun"

Silva should be the best boss ^_^
I wouldn't mind R5 being endgame and R4 actually being bumped up to the 9x due to the bosses being more powerful than the level the area suggests.

Yes to Glacial because it's fine if it's done properly. You can have great battles between 8x in Edwin and 9x in Bedron so why can't 9x in Bedron and 1xx in Glacial experience the same? Heroic power and stat inflation/multipliers of course. You keep shunning 110 servers simply because of what they are. You might have found some like OldRohan that are actually taking things in the right direction.

99 servers are simply not viable for anything other than the very short term. Regardless of having low rates, can you suggest how to prevent the server from becoming very boring very quickly when all of the sparse content has been used up?
Ishtaria is offline  
Old   #926
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 806
Received Thanks: 464
The only way I can see newer Rohan servers being even halfway civilized is to cap everything. Modifiable stats (stavpi), HP, DD, Mel/Mag/Ranged Attack (combined cap, not per stat), pdef, attack speed, mobility, SD. No wrapping. Hard limits on those stats that tend to inflate out of control.

Once you do that you don't need to care about insane negative or wrapped values for attack & pdef. You don't need to worry about unfair amounts of DD. You don't need to worry about DKs dffsing 200K damage. It doesn't matter if you have a bazillion scrolls and buffs loaded up. It doesn't matter if you have empower and alm and 4x rulers if your melee can't ever go past 32727. It doesn't matter if you you have scrolls, alm and a level 3 lion if your HP can't ever go beyond 100K. It doesn't matter if you have the best gear or accessories, you can only gert so well geared before you have to rely on your playing skills.

That is the problem with Rohan. It is has no real hard limits on how high you can roll things like attack force, HP and defenses. You can wrap attack values to the point where a temp can hit one million per swing non-crit. I know because I've done it. That makes Rohan wide open for abuse and OP players. Add some hard limits and that insane, out of control abuse of a toon's nature goes away really fast.

Problem is that I only know of a couple devs out there that can actually pull this off. Farting around with some bin files won't do. You have to actually change the way the server handles and applies these variables and there are only a couple I can point to that knows how to do that.
im batman is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #927
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,045
Received Thanks: 707
Indeed. The only way I could have done it with bins alone was the time I pursued a server build without melee/ranged/magic attack % and dropped down stat buffing percentages. Perfectly balanced with a much more linear power curve as opposed to the near enough exponential one you get by default.

Personally I would prefer soft caps over hard caps, the sort of diminishing returns systems you get in a lot of other games. As an example and not as tested values but for example from 1-1000 str = 3 inflated melee, 1001-2000 str = 2 inflated melee and 2001+ str = 1 inflated melee ~ 2000 str would give you 5000 inflated melee (1000x3 + 1000x2) etc.

Same would apply to stacked multipliers or alternatively perhaps make percentages multiplicative instead of additive. For example the weapon's melee % modifier always serves as the primary base. If that was 50% and you popped a 30% melee scroll, the current additive stacking system would give you a 50% + 30% = 80% increase in melee. With a multiplicative system you get 50% x 30% = 65% increase in melee (30% of 50 is 15 which when applied to that base 50% is 65%).

Some of you who know me will know I love these kinds of number conundrums a bit too much
Ishtaria is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #928
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Sir Ish you did a misstake there.

An additive system is infact better than a multiplicative one.

1000 * 1.5 * 1.3 = 1950
1000 * 1.8 = 1800
GG math skills ish

A better solution would be to turn the remaining multiplicative systems into additive ones. This includes attack percentage coming from weapons which currently are multiplied with remaining modifiers.


As of what im batman said. Hardcaps suck. Softcaps are just ok. Capping everything is somehow just a workaround and doesnt solve the problems in place. Fixing the system itself solves more problems while taking away the need for caps.
asdfRohan is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #929
 
elite*gold: 110
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 516
Received Thanks: 89
@Ish, If a developer finds a way to have players log on daily.. not just to sit afk in GH and gain "login points or activitiy points" but have them actually do something... it will be fun.

I myself like Elemental Dungeon for the sole reason that it is a raid that only your party can enter..
Would be interesting if someone invents a rohan that isn't solely based on accessories and dual stat items..
Farming gives you Bedron, Killing bosses Gives you glacial.. Would be a cool concept.
What makes Rohan 3rd world however is the grind fest that you cannot get away from.. Every server, you log on, you have to kill 10000 mobs to get xp, Armor, Weapons..

Would be interesting if Mini Bosses were placed all over the map re-spawning every hour or so and they drop ready made armor lol..

There's a ton of things u can do with Rohan to improve it.. lol.. But everyone is stuck making their own server and super indo devs are just opening servers back to back and dividing the community
peinful is offline  
Old   #930
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 806
Received Thanks: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Sir Ish you did a misstake there.

An additive system is infact better than a multiplicative one.

1000 * 1.5 * 1.3 = 1950
1000 * 1.8 = 1800
GG math skills ish

A better solution would be to turn the remaining multiplicative systems into additive ones. This includes attack percentage coming from weapons which currently are multiplied with remaining modifiers.


As of what im batman said. Hardcaps suck. Softcaps are just ok. Capping everything is somehow just a workaround and doesnt solve the problems in place. Fixing the system itself solves more problems while taking away the need for caps.
Yes adding hard caps is a band-aid to fix a broken game. When you don't have the capability to totally rewrite the server you pretty much have to use band-aids.

Soft caps is a good band-aid as long as they DO cap to a reasonable level at some point for instance attack should never be allowed to grow beyond the pos->negative threshold.

Rohan is definitely a broken game and has been since the day it came out the door. Perhaps it is broken because the designers didn't build some basic limits in to begin with.

I have been whispering into the ears of some contacts at PWi and there are some moves going on to change the game to make it more playable. Unfortunately they are also a profit centre which means they will not cap stuff like attack, HP and pdef since it would cut profits when the power-hungry players there don't buy high powered cash shop goods (though they did cap DD).


im batman is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
[Selling] ••••Level 55 Legit Account ! •HOT Items• !••••
I have all informations of the account. Price: 10 Euro PSC you pay, i give the account details.. Video:WarRock Account - Elitepvpers - YouTube ...
0 Replies - WarRock Trading



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:27.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.