Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 11:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Old Rohan • Dedicated 24/7 • Medium rates

Discussion on Old Rohan • Dedicated 24/7 • Medium rates within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 05/23/2015, 15:17   #61

elite*gold: 0
care to elaborate?

i agree with Ish, dreto, sheldon et al. attempting to talk rohan dev stuff here is an exercise in futility. there are other sites that provide a better environment for that. but for some dumb reason they keep coming back here. don't know why.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2015, 16:25   #62

elite*gold: 110
What is this server ?
Old 05/23/2015, 16:49   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
care to elaborate?

i agree with Ish, dreto, sheldon et al. attempting to talk rohan dev stuff here is an exercise in futility. there are other sites that provide a better environment for that. but for some dumb reason they keep coming back here. don't know why.
Ofcourse i can elaborate.

The people listed by you are not developers. Not even rohan developers.
You know, i've been lurking for some time around this forums and all i can see is that a bunch of people who took 5 minutes of their time to look in some configuration files now come here and act like they are gods of Rohan.

I can easily tell facts about all the people you defend that would really make you reconsider your position.

The thing is that i don't really mind them acting all pro on other threads, but if they come on my thread and act like i'm some kind of script kiddie i won't tolerate it and will fight back. I guess it's my fault for indulging their prima dona behavior at the start of the thread.

I can honestly say that the server i'm running is the most advanced server there ever was.

Some might argue that i did nothing to prove it, and they are partially correct. You know the leaderboard i added a few days ago? It's just a small sample of the things the server is capable of. I don't think that anyone ever did something like that so you can't accuse me of leeching. The only downside is the time i have at my disposal.

If any of the members here come with any kind of ideas that are backed up by arguments and experience i will consider them. I am always willing to listen to good ideas, but i would expect the people who come up with them to be able to talk like a normal person.

@Pein
What is the meaning of life?
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2015, 17:13   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
You got me wrong, it's not a PvP server.
A PvP server usually gets the player to max level in 1 day and lets them kill each other untill they get bored.

On this server you still have to farm for your equipments and the rates are not high.

I don't know how to remove maps and/or bosses, sorry. But the players mostly dislike the OP 110 skills so no problem here i think.

If they think that the hero bosses give OP acesories then i will make them similar to Aquarias on xor.
Quote:
I can honestly say that the server i'm running is the most advanced server there ever was.
really?

Quote:
Hello wannabe anime lover.
are you ammadpurba?
Old 05/23/2015, 20:10   #65

Quote:
Ofcourse i can elaborate.

The people listed by you are not developers. Not even rohan developers.
You know, i've been lurking for some time around this forums and all i can see is that a bunch of people who took 5 minutes of their time to look in some configuration files now come here and act like they are gods of Rohan.

I can easily tell facts about all the people you defend that would really make you reconsider your position.

The thing is that i don't really mind them acting all pro on other threads, but if they come on my thread and act like i'm some kind of script kiddie i won't tolerate it and will fight back. I guess it's my fault for indulging their prima dona behavior at the start of the thread.

Some might argue that i did nothing to prove it, and they are partially correct. You know the leaderboard i added a few days ago? It's just a small sample of the things the server is capable of. I don't think that anyone ever did something like that so you can't accuse me of leeching. The only downside is the time i have at my disposal.

If any of the members here come with any kind of ideas that are backed up by arguments and experience i will consider them. I am always willing to listen to good ideas, but i would expect the people who come up with them to be able to talk like a normal person.

@Pein
What is the meaning of life?
Hmm, your assessment of developers is a little narrow I think. who here would you consider a developer in your eyes?

there is a lot more to being a developer than simply writing code or hacking binary files. there are web designers and graphics artists. there are the guys creating tools. there is the folks analyzing the interaction between the software components, there's the network sniffers and the reverse engineers and so on. the term developer is a lot more broad than you are painting it to be.

I imagine the guys i listed think a lot of themselves and are proud of what they managed to do. I have yet to meet a developer that didn't think a lot of themselves and their abilities. large egos is a byproduct of creating things you are proud of.

that ego sometimes rubs the egos of other software developers the wrong way.

I know some of the dirt on most of the guys here. before I joined I have been lurking for a couple years as well. some of the guys i mentioned i know better than the others. only one of the them i would consider collaborating with on a project only because a close friend of mine has worked with him in the past and he is the best I know of at what he does. the others i know what they have done, both good and bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
are you ammadpurba?
i wasn't gonna ask ...
Old 05/23/2015, 20:21   #66

1 question.. is this server (or else one) have been done with "exchange market in game" ??? every PS that i'm trying still contain this bug.
Old 05/24/2015, 01:38   #67

@xpro99 Don't have time at the moment to answer you, sorry. Will answer as soon as i get time

Update
Added leaderboard rewards.
More details here
Old 05/24/2015, 20:27   #68

why does it stuck at charactor loading information all the time ??
Old 05/24/2015, 21:39   #69

That's because people were dosing us.
It should be fixed now.
Old 05/25/2015, 18:10   #70

it's doesn't do by people, i think who attack you is Steven lee
Old 05/25/2015, 18:43   #71

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviper View Post
it's doesn't do by people, i think who attack you is Steven lee
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2015, 19:29   #72

****, there is noone playing... I met only 3 peoples
Old 05/25/2015, 20:51   #73

yeah, no one to kill ;/
Old 05/25/2015, 21:12   #74

Major update

This is just a proof of concept of the things we're able to do.
Today we started balancing the classes and we figured we'd get out of bin edits and get to the real deal.

Bow Mastery
we might rename it at some point
Level 1 : 30% chance to AoE on regular attacks. Lasts 18 minutes.
Level 2 : 35% chance to AoE on regular attacks. Lasts 21 minutes.
Level 3 : 40% chance to AoE on regular attacks. Lasts 24 minutes.
Level 4 : 45% chance to AoE on regular attacks. Lasts 27 minutes.
Level 5 : 50% chance to AoE on regular attacks. Lasts 30 minutes.
Level 6 : 60% chance to AoE on regular attacks. Lasts 30 minutes.
Level 7 : 70% chance to AoE on regular attacks. Lasts 120 minutes.

Updated first post.
Old 05/25/2015, 21:29   #75

That Bow mastery ><
Btw you could have just changed Ignore Agrro and called it Scatter Shot or something like that but still you got my interest in checking out your server.