Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 03:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Old Rohan • Dedicated 24/7 • Medium rates

Old   #286

elite*gold: 0
I really like the dual option stone thing. i know I talked about it before with the admin of OldRohan but I rejected the idea. He was right though, it's great idea.

While it means there will be a bit less weapon swapping, at least every conceivable build has the same damage drop as everyone else, which they should have really.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #287

Balancing game arround damage drop is a bad idea.

Old   #288

How many players are out there?
Old   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I really like the dual option stone thing. i know I talked about it before with the admin of OldRohan but I rejected the idea. He was right though, it's great idea.

While it means there will be a bit less weapon swapping, at least every conceivable build has the same damage drop as everyone else, which they should have really.
While it may seem good, the implementation is questionable for new players - as rbn said, best to farm IP.

As for the DD part, thats not true for agi dhans wanting a crit wep - look at the stats.

Old   #290

Why is it that you lose honor points for killing a low level player? That's stupid. You could say that it's dishonorable for level 90s to prey on level 50 players, but most pvp in general is unfair. Most of the time when you get rpked, they attack first, so it's unfair. You could have a 3 second delay because of lag while your opponent's internet connection is perfect, that's unfair. Some people have better gear than others, that's unfair as well. Not everybody has the same life, John may have 10 hours to spend on this game to get better gear, while Bob may only have 3 hours, that's unfair as well. Nothing about life is fair. If you want it to be honorable, put two people against each other with equal gear in coli on a LAN connection and have them go at it in a 1v1.

The point is, you shouldn't lose points for killing lowbies, just make it so that you don't gain any points either. If you're a level 99 in a guild war, and the enemy has a lot of lowbies stunning and debuffing you, are you just going to let keep doing it?

I might sound naggy, but complaining is what gets problems noticed.
Old   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixxer View Post
Why is it that you lose honor points for killing a low level player? That's stupid. You could say that it's dishonorable for level 90s to prey on level 50 players, but most pvp in general is unfair. Most of the time when you get rpked, they attack first, so it's unfair. You could have a 3 second delay because of lag while your opponent's internet connection is perfect, that's unfair. Some people have better gear than others, that's unfair as well. Not everybody has the same life, John may have 10 hours to spend on this game to get better gear, while Bob may only have 3 hours, that's unfair as well. Nothing about life is fair. If you want it to be honorable, put two people against each other with equal gear in coli on a LAN connection and have them go at it in a 1v1.

The point is, you shouldn't lose points for killing lowbies, just make it so that you don't gain any points either. If you're a level 99 in a guild war, and the enemy has a lot of lowbies stunning and debuffing you, are you just going to let keep doing it?
nice examples haha
Old   #292

Quote:

I might sound naggy, but complaining is what gets problems noticed.
Yeah, you should lose points for bullying lowbies.

Why would you rpk lowbies except to bully them. nobody likes bullies and lets face it, if they are hitting you with their lvl 50, exactly how much damage are they really doing to you? in that guild war where your opponent has lots of lowbies debuffing/stunning you, let your lower guildies kill them since THEY get some honor points doing it. Teamwork! Everybody wins.

You don't deserve honor for being a bully. Personally I think you should be penalized which to me says the dev is doing exactly the right thing here.

About time somebody put a Rohan out there that rewards its its players how to be competitive and penalizes those who are simply there to be a pain in the ass.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #293

And what about when you use Magic Push and end up killing 3 people who are lower than you unintentionally? The penalty isn't really necessary. There are so many places that you can go to to level up. At 5x there's Roha, Platter's Castle, numerous places in R1, Ezker. At 6x there's Roha, Spire, Platter, R2, R3, Eibach map, and more. You level up so fast that you might get rpked only once or twice by anybody. All you gotta do is turn off anonymous mode and go somewhere. High levels RPKing lowbies is not a real problem in most P-Servers.
Old   #294

Quote:
And what about when you use Magic Push and end up killing 3 people who are lower than you unintentionally? The penalty isn't really necessary. There are so many places that you can go to to level up. At 5x there's Roha, Platter's Castle, numerous places in R1, Ezker. At 6x there's Roha, Spire, Platter, R2, R3, Eibach map, and more. You level up so fast that you might get rpked only once or twice by anybody. All you gotta do is turn off anonymous mode and go somewhere. High levels RPKing lowbies is not a real problem in most P-Servers.
well, if you are going use aoes around lowbies how is that different than simply walking up to them and clobbering them? Let's face it if you don't have MR and you throw aoes around without a care when lowbies are present, what happens? You turn red, become unbuffable, unhealable and become a target for anything that wants to kill you. Fair, right? And if you want to be careless, have your GM pop MR then rape anything that is moving, right?

At least asdf is making things more civilized in that if you are going to be an asshat killing lowbies, you are going to pay for it - MR or not. After all if you wanna rpk, then don't be a wuss and kill players at your own level. That's where the honor is.
Old   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
well, if you are going use aoes around lowbies how is that different than simply walking up to them and clobbering them? Let's face it if you don't have MR and you throw aoes around without a care when lowbies are present, what happens? You turn red, become unbuffable, unhealable and become a target for anything that wants to kill you. Fair, right? And if you want to be careless, have your GM pop MR then rape anything that is moving, right?

The difference is, you have no choice but to hit the low level players. The low leveled players had to choice of whether or not to go to the PvP event/Guild War. Also, Murderer Mode is stupid to begin with...

At least asdf is making things more civilized in that if you are going to be an asshat killing lowbies, you are going to pay for it - MR or not. So if you have to use all of your AoEs to kill an enemy guild over a boss, you're an asshat because a person lower leveled than you was killed? That makes no sense. It's like your saying that it's ok to shoot a person trying to kill you if he has a gun also, but it's not okay to shoot him if he only has a butterknife... After all if you wanna rpk, then don't be a wuss and kill players at your own level. That's where the honor is.
HOW is RPKing honorable?! I went to Spire and killed 2 Dhans without warning who were my level. They were not prepared. Since when was stabbing a person in the back honorable/fair? Do you expect me to go up to a person and say, "Excuse me kind sir, but would you like to engage me in impromptu combat"?
I know what you're saying, being too un-sportsman-like can have negative effects, but come on... ROHAN is a kill-or-be-killed environment. Back in 09-11 when I played IRohan, I would go to Spire to level up. Everyday, a Red Dhan named 0Thenbee0 or something like that, would pk me and everybody else in Spire, 2, 3, even 4 times a day. That was only ONE Red Dhan, in that ONE spot. It would not be hard for one party of 9x with a Ranger to go all around the map stopping dozens of people from leveling. Today, on this server, you can go from 1-99 in less than a week, only being RPKed once or twice, and you think that's a problem. If people these days can't handle that, they should play something else.

I don't want to RPK lowbies, but if they're gonna try and get me killed when I'm fighting people who are my same level, they will die, and I should not be penalized for it, because a threat is a threat, no matter what level they are. This reminds me of Mark Twain's quote: "Censorship is like telling a man he can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it". I shouldn't be punished for people who can't handle dying in an open-world PvP game. They knew what they were getting themselves into!
Old   #296

You both have a valid argument.

However, with the current setup you can only loose 5 points per lowbie and you can win 30 points for a player 10 lvls higher than you.

Not to mention that there are multiple ways to win Honor Points.
Old   #297

asdf, can you determine if the lowbie being killed was in *** mode or in murder state? If they are, honor points should not be deducted in those cases.

a 5 point deduct otherwise I think is reasonable considering you get 30 points for killing someone over your own level. You have to kill a LOT of lowbies to get any appreciable deduction in honor points which can easily be made up 6-fold by killing folks at a more challenging level you should be doing. and for your baby/steak analogy: you aren't forbidden to kill lowbies at all, you are just being gently discouraged from doing so. i call -1/+6 honor system gentle discouragement. There is a difference. In asdf's place I would block killing those more than 15 levels lower than you altogether.

@Glixxer - assmodes don't show a name, nor do they see your name.
Old   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
asdf, can you determine if the lowbie being killed was in *** mode or in murder state? If they are, honor points should not be deducted in those cases.

a 5 point deduct otherwise I think is reasonable considering you get 30 points for killing someone over your own level. You have to kill a LOT of lowbies to get any appreciable deduction in honor points which can easily be made up 6-fold by killing folks at a more challenging level you should be doing. and for your baby/steak analogy: you aren't forbidden to kill lowbies at all, you are just being gently discouraged from doing so. i call -1/+6 honor system gentle discouragement. There is a difference. In asdf's place I would block killing those more than 15 levels lower than you altogether.

@Glixxer - assmodes don't show a name, nor do they see your name.
Yes there is.
With that in mind we'll do some changes on Friday.
Old   #299

when will be the CBT open

server down??

The ****** description on warlock skill at lvl 7 3buffs 60mins or nerf???
Old   #300

Could you add all the weapon parts to the Magic Shop? It's unfair how Sword and Dagger users can get a good 5x Ancient Weapon in 1 day while everybody else has to spend literally days killing scattered monsters for 2 weapon parts.