Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 14:26

  • Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

 

Old Rohan • Dedicated 24/7 • Medium rates

Reply
 
Old   #226
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 111
Received Thanks: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
A 3D character viewer would be something cool. Even a 2D one.
However the time and effort required for something like that would be wasted considering the state of the scene.
All in all, if our server does manage to get enough players to make the effort worth it we'll do it for sure.
How many people are online on daily basis for the moment on ur server?



Ahorio is offline  
Old   #227
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 269
Received Thanks: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahorio View Post
How many people are online on daily basis for the moment on ur server?
***** what server are you waiting for?


xHaiBai is offline  
Old   #228
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 111
Received Thanks: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHaiBai View Post
***** what server are you waiting for?
For you sisters one.
You could pm me for that.
Ahorio is offline  
Old   #229
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 269
Received Thanks: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahorio View Post
For you sisters one.
You could pm me for that.
It's a secret? Lmao ok.


xHaiBai is offline  
Old   #230
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Unfortunately we're having about 30 players online on a daily basis.
It sucks, i know.

At the moment we're struggling to pay for the server so we can keep the game up.
And by "struggling" i mean "we can't afford it".

----------------------

So, if we could get a vote of confidence from anyone it will be nice. A vote of confidence worth about 150 usd.
If we don't get those money in about 4 days we're forced to close the server. And it would suck, considering the amount of work we put into it.

We can make this server be the best out there, and we've proven that we have the skills to do so.
Our playerbase is growing and we've prepared a big patch for the next maintenance that will most surely bring even more players.

If however the server will shutdown we'll refund all the donations we can ( paypal ones ).
We didn't open this server to get rich but at the moment we're loosing money.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #231
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 174
Received Thanks: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Unfortunately we're having about 30 players online on a daily basis.
It sucks, i know.

At the moment we're struggling to pay for the server so we can keep the game up.
And by "struggling" i mean "we can't afford it".

----------------------

So, if we could get a vote of confidence from anyone it will be nice. A vote of confidence worth about 150 usd.
If we don't get those money in about 4 days we're forced to close the server. And it would suck, considering the amount of work we put into it.

We can make this server be the best out there, and we've proven that we have the skills to do so.
Our playerbase is growing and we've prepared a big patch for the next maintenance that will most surely bring even more players.

If however the server will shutdown we'll refund all the donations we can ( paypal ones ).
We didn't open this server to get rich but at the moment we're loosing money.
spend money and/or losing money is not fun i guess, but Rohan is meant to be fun.
The first rohan private server where you play to win is losing money, it was a *****. keep the spirit & gl
xpro99 is offline  
Old   #232
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro99 View Post
spend money and/or losing money is not fun i guess, but Rohan is meant to be fun.
The first rohan private server where you play to win is losing money, it was a *****. keep the spirit & gl
Dude, if you don't have anything productive to say please consider ... you know, not saying it.

Yes, we're running the only rohan server that doesn't require players to donate in order to achieve the potential of their class. If we're going to go down because of that so be it, but we're not going to turn into a pay to win server.

You are right though, sometime you win and sometimes you loose.

However, i don't understand your point? Are you saying that we need a ... competitive Item Mall in order to keep the server open?
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #233
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 316
Received Thanks: 100
No, but it clearly shows how much unprepared you are for running a pserver, you should have known this may happen.
kthxbai2 is online now  
Old   #234
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 60
Received Thanks: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Dude, if you don't have anything productive to say please consider ... you know, not saying it.

Yes, we're running the only rohan server that doesn't require players to donate in order to achieve the potential of their class. If we're going to go down because of that so be it, but we're not going to turn into a pay to win server.

You are right though, sometime you win and sometimes you loose.

However, i don't understand your point? Are you saying that we need a ... competitive Item Mall in order to keep the server open?
You do realize that even if players are gonna help you pay for that dedicated server this month , next month you re gonna have the same problem right? And i doubt you ll get help twice , meaning eventually you re gonna close that server and players will waste 2 months on your game. You should of thought about starting the server when you actually have the rent for 3 months minimum, not just rush ahead and make a fool of yourself. Don t get me wrong, i don t even know who you are, and i m not trying to make you look bad or anything, just stating the facts.
PhytonMate is offline  
Old   #235
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
No, but it clearly shows how much unprepared you are for running a pserver, you should have known this may happen.
Sir, i politely asked you to mind your own business.
And if i didn't do that before, i am now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhytonMate View Post
You do realize that even if players are gonna help you pay for that dedicated server this month , next month you re gonna have the same problem right? And i doubt you ll get help twice , meaning eventually you re gonna close that server and players will waste 2 months on your game. You should of thought about starting the server when you actually have the rent for 3 months minimum, not just rush ahead and make a fool of yourself. Don t get me wrong, i don t even know who you are, and i m not trying to make you look bad or anything, just stating the facts.
Aren't you the one that worked on Renaissance Rohan?
Do you know how Renaissance Rohan was funded?
Is it possible that i know more than you ?

I opened the server hoping that we get enough attention before our server runs out. Turns out things didn't go as planned.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #236
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 316
Received Thanks: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
Sir, i politely asked you to mind your own business.
And if i didn't do that before, i am now.



Aren't you the one that worked on Renaissance Rohan?
Do you know how Renaissance Rohan was funded?
Is it possible that i know more than you ?

I opened the server hoping that we get enough attention before our server runs out. Turns out things didn't go as planned.
I will comment on this thread as long as i want, im not in any way prohibited of doing so. You should realize how foolish you look, you didn't even bother a little to advertise your server, it's fair to point out the flaws in the way you work so people won't trust another wannabe server owner just because he named his server dedicated 24/7 and made a change to scout here and there.
Another example of why "developers" aren't good at being in charge of managing anything serious.
kthxbai2 is online now  
Old   #237
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai2 View Post
I will comment on this thread as long as i want, im not in any way prohibited of doing so. You should realize how foolish you look, you didn't even bother a little to advertise your server, it's fair to point out the flaws in the way you work so people won't trust another wannabe server owner just because he named his server dedicated 24/7 and made a change to scout here and there.
Another example of why "developers" aren't good at being in charge of managing anything serious.
Bro, those changes are something that no other server has. Get it? It's something you can't even comprehend.

If you feel like arguing with strangers over the internet, be my guest. After all everybody likes a good internet fight, right?

Our team is so far away from being wannabe that you'd fail to understand the things we can actually do to this game.
The only downside is that this rohan scene is so blazed that players fail to trust a new server, no matter how good it is. Thanks to some mistakes done by people looking for easy money it has succumbed to a bunch of indo servers that do nothing more than editing some bins and wait for the payment day.

We, on the other hand wanted to come with something new.
As you can see, the most advanced server here has troubles getting money. But that's not because we lacked advertising or hurried up launching the server. It's because we don't have a Pay2Win Item Mall and we want to keep the game clean.

People got used to rohan servers on easy mode who give them everything they need.
On top of that, there are a few people here who have enough money to bend the "will" of the owners and developers in order to get their own changes applied to the server they sponsor.

We're always going to focus on providing a fair server for every rohan player even if that means that we need to "ask" for money to pay the server bills.

Now, if any member of this community tries to do something nice for the members the rest should at least keep their flames for themselves and maybe try to help a bit.


I suspect you're Rabbi, if i remember correctly.
Hmm, that name is sooo stained.
asdfRohan is offline  
Old   #238
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 806
Received Thanks: 464
the problem with running a private server is it costs money to run one. They are not hosted for free and good, safe servers cost a lot of money. that is why there are donations and item malls to help raise those donations.

Play to win is great as a concept but no private server can survive on great concepts alone. it takes money - either from donations or the owner's pocket. You won't get people to donate unless there is something ikn it to entice them to donate money to you. Putting slightly better goods on that item mall than available in-game is really the only way you can do that. It doesn't have to be stupidly better stuff like the upgrades and epics in irohan. even 30% scrolls and 100% SES/ASES on the item shop while 10% scrolls and 50% SES/ASES are available in-game are reason enough to get people donating.

its not really play to win, its pay to keep the server alive and be thanked for it.

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

--- edit ---

I'm afraid begging donations on a place like this is not too helpful since i doubt most here are playing your server. I understand your frustration. But the people you need to be looking to for donations from is your 30 players. a lot of the guys here are either devs working on competing servers, people playing on competing servers or people simply trolling.
im batman is offline  
Old   #239
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 781
Received Thanks: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by im batman View Post
the problem with running a private server is it costs money to run one. They are not hosted for free and good, safe servers cost a lot of money. that is why there are donations and item malls to help raise those donations.

Play to win is great as a concept but no private server can survive on great concepts alone. it takes money - either from donations or the owner's pocket. You won't get people to donate unless there is something ikn it to entice them to donate money to you. Putting slightly better goods on that item mall than available in-game is really the only way you can do that. It doesn't have to be stupidly better stuff like the upgrades and epics in irohan. even 30% scrolls and 100% SES/ASES on the item shop while 10% scrolls and 50% SES/ASES are available in-game are reason enough to get people donating.

its not really play to win, its pay to keep the server alive and be thanked for it.

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

--- edit ---

I'm afraid begging donations on a place like this is not too helpful since i doubt most here are playing your server. I understand your frustration. But the people you need to be looking to for donations from is your 30 players. a lot of the guys here are either devs working on competing servers, people playing on competing servers or people simply trolling.
I did advise the team against it but they insisted. So here i am ...

You may be right, but we're going to take a chance on this.
If we're going to go down because we wanted to provide a fair game to everybody then so be it.
As i said, we're going to refund anyone who donated in case we go down.
asdfRohan is offline  
Thanks
1 User
Old   #240
 
elite*gold: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 174
Received Thanks: 30
you want to provide about what you have believe but you can't handle it because you dont want to be a donors. As I can see, get a sponsor is a good idea but you need to do what they want that means you cant do all of your idea into the game. Or open donation, get what the most players want and when they enjoy the server then donations will come but its also means you cant provide all about what you have believe for the server balance because in the fact, sometimes players have different desires. when you force your desire to be realized, then the player will leave which means there will be no donation.

My point is, you have good knowledge about rohan development but I feel your bad at server management such as promote, advertise etc. I just feel like Rohan drama from a rohan server long time ago, but they have good management to get players and funded at begining but their bad on development.

ps: imho a "fair" game is not about what was believed by the devs, but its about what wasbelieved by players. because in the end, what you have done is not for you but its for the players, right? my question is, how about your communications to the players?
there is a server that awaited by more enough players outthere, even their server isnt exist & there is no proof of what they have previously completed or their success story. but people still waiting.

apologize for my bad.


xpro99 is offline  
Reply



« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Similar Threads
[Selling] ••••Level 55 Legit Account ! •HOT Items• !••••
I have all informations of the account. Price: 10 Euro PSC you pay, i give the account details.. Video:WarRock Account - Elitepvpers - YouTube ...
0 Replies - WarRock Trading



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:26.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.

Support | Contact Us | FAQ | Advertising | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2017 elitepvpers All Rights Reserved.