Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 12:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Funny... Am I the only one?

Discussion on Funny... Am I the only one? within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Funny... Am I the only one?

So since we've been heavily editting skills lately we now hit a point where we aswell need to edit skills on the client side. This all resolves around changing effects and animations. Effects and rearranging the skilltrees aint a problem but here comes the clue:
I've been searching across the related bins and the lesser known files. I even searched in the client in case the animations are hardcoded, it seems they arent (besides the fact that I doubt they hardcoded animations for every single skill). Yet I seem not be able to find the files in which the skill animations are defined...

So, anyone?
Old 03/30/2015, 18:37   #2

I was just about to say gameeffect until I reread and you said it was animations you wanted. Have you checked player\animations.gem? Each race has "weaponattackskill" and "magicattackskill" gafs. I'm sure these will be what you're looking for.

Edit: Yep I had to read again. I'm sure you know these animations but you're looking for the definitions
Old 03/30/2015, 20:00   #3

Exactly, they have to be set somewhere for each skill respectively. Its nowhere to be found and definitely not hardcoded. :/
Old 03/30/2015, 21:15   #4

Have you tried altering gameeffect to see if the animations are linked to the respective effects? Perhaps the specific effects come as a package with the relevant animation.

But then again where are the package details stored? I'm only guessing obviously but I tend to think that this might be hardcoded in the client as it's the only logical thing I can think of. Have you managed to reverse it enough to confirm that it's definitely not in the client?

All I can say is I'm 99% sure there's nothing in the bins to control skill animations.
Old 03/31/2015, 00:37   #5

Use RohanTool then use /viewani (Change the .gaf to the one you want and done. New Animation.
Old 03/31/2015, 03:33   #6

Penelope open up that server already i want to rate it!!!
Old 03/31/2015, 07:41   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Have you tried altering gameeffect to see if the animations are linked to the respective effects? Perhaps the specific effects come as a package with the relevant animation.

But then again where are the package details stored? I'm only guessing obviously but I tend to think that this might be hardcoded in the client as it's the only logical thing I can think of. Have you managed to reverse it enough to confirm that it's definitely not in the client?

All I can say is I'm 99% sure there's nothing in the bins to control skill animations.
Thats acctually the first thing I did, erasing the effect. Works like a charm, effect is not shown but the animation stays intact. Im quiet certain it aint hardcoded. It would be stupid aswell. Tho, I'll go over it again and try to confirm it.

@Dreto: There are better ways to replace animation files, however, thats not a proper solution since it would just change every skill animation using the replaced one to the new one. I try to step away from simple hacks and workarounds since they almost always introduce unwanted site effects.
Old 04/01/2015, 08:19   #8

Well not such a big problem since animation work like weapons gmf they are set for each class like dhan assassin female dhan assassin male Avenger Male Avenger Female etc. :P

But like i told everyone on skype i quit rohan for a while (A very long period).Maybe by the time il come back there will be something better on rohan.
Old 04/01/2015, 10:29   #9

Yes thats for sure, however, it wont work out.
Consider this:
I want to change a buff with buff animation to an attack skill animation. Now I would proceed and exchange the buff animation with an attack animation. However, the site effect is that every other buff skill on the male dhan tree which previously used the buff animation will now aswell use the attack animation...

Like I said, not a proper solution.
Old 04/01/2015, 10:48   #10

Ahh you wana try change that specific skill animation not all of them Now i get it.Not sure that rohan has that from what i saw they only have 7 sets of animation for buffs (Including hero 110 buff) so what they did i think is less work more ****** up files.You could try to reverse the client make it read a new file let's call it animation2.gem and copy the animation then make an UI command or UI file to read it when the skill is used.
Old 04/01/2015, 16:44   #11

Have you seen this before?

A Templar using an attack skill from another race: that truly IS the meaning of the D-Evolution of balance.
Old 04/01/2015, 17:24   #12

And people still defend templars, trying to argue about them not being OP.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/01/2015, 17:24   #13

Tampleur not OP yo
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/01/2015, 17:34   #14

Templurer underbowrd, buff temp sir plzzzz