Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 14:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rohan 2.0 - Coming Soon

Closed Thread

Old   #61

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
We trust in his discretion to keep those parts of our operation that he has learned confidential.
I have no problem with the rest of the team and despite what issues I might have with a particular part of the "operation", I'm not short of integrity.

Old   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I have no problem with the rest of the team and despite what issues I might have with a particular part of the "operation", I'm not short of integrity.
And that is why I have always liked you. It is all any of us can ask.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #63

Well this thread escalate quickly.
Old   #64

No worries. A little drama is good for the soul.

Old   #65

just when i thought you were all professionals
Old   #66

we are professionals.

just a bit more ... eccentric.
Old   #67

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
we are professionals.

just a bit more ... eccentric.
Their server is going to launch, it is going to have little to no bugs, it is going to be exactly what they planned.

They are professional in what they do, hence they didn't just launch and hope for the best..

Which players like it and which players don't.. That's the part the keeps everyone up at night :-)

Ignore the pointless argument..
In a nutshell one guy tries to control everything and change everything and another guy believes that he's making a mess of things... And there u go.

*thumbs up*

.. But hey, don't take my word for it.. Everyone should try each server to see which is their favorite ^_^
Old   #68

Just because the content will be "professional" doesn't mean the people have to be
Old   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
Their server is going to launch, it is going to have little to no bugs, it is going to be exactly what they planned.

They are professional in what they do, hence they didn't just launch and hope for the best..

Which players like it and which players don't.. That's the part the keeps everyone up at night :-)

In a nutshell one guy tries to control everything and change everything and another guy believes that he's making a mess of things... And there u go.

*thumbs up*

.. But hey, don't take my word for it.. Everyone should try each server to see which is their favorite ^_^
You are aware that i'm part of the team, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Just because the content will be "professional" doesn't mean the people have to be
Ish, i don't know if that's a childish rant or just trying to make a joke.
Old   #70

It was a joke -_-
Old   #71

Arrow

Quote:

*thumbs up*

Look bud, if you don't want to play our server, then for ***'s sake don't play our server. Go take your childish "Anti-Rohan 2.0" bullshit to your own thread and gtfo of ours with it.

Seriously.
Old   #72

elite*gold: 110
yea i understand you're part of the team and everything said and done it looks like you got your head on and know what you're doing..
But lets be real.. If the server launches and its exactly what u guys aimed for but people are confused and not sure what to do.. What are you guys then going to do ?
Lay out a tutorial guide for them ?
Then lets just say, they don't like it.. What then.. u guys put so much time into this...
Why risk it all when people are warning you that it might not work the way you guys plan ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Look bud, if you don't want to play our server, then for ***'s sake don't play our server. Go take your childish "Anti-Rohan 2.0" bullshit to your own thread and gtfo of ours with it.

Seriously.
Monkey didn't get his banana this morning..

Chillax sir, i did say u guys are professional and each and every server is worth trying.
maybe not for me after all i heard... But hey.. there are still people out there willing to try the server thats ''moving forward, not backward''

Old   #73

Just do what you're doing. If you can change whatever you want and you want to change it why not? EVEN if the server doesn't succeed (which I doubt) you guys will have lot more experience and developing skills to use in future servers. What i'm saying is it would act like a project/research, so you aren't losing your time at all. I admit im bored from all the **** over and over again. (I mean rohan) But since there aren't any servers offering some interesting changes im forced to stick to it so that I can kill some time playing rohan. Im not a psychologist or anything but I believe changes always lead to positive things. Also I think most people are kinda bored of playing same 'ol rohan for all this years. I'm sure my opinion means absolutely nothing for you, or anyone else but I just wanted to share my thoughts and encourage you guys a little bit, cause you've been getting tons of demotivation in this thread. Well I wish you good luck guys bring us something NEW bring us some CHANGES! BRING US THE FUTURE OF ROHAN.
That might have sounded a lil bit cheesy.
Old   #74

Thanks Whisker.

This is my own view as well. After playing the same old stuff over and over again for 6+ years, it gets boooooring. But what is there to play? Other MMOs? They kinda fall flat as are missing some many of Rohan's unique and addictive features.

Keep on playing Official Rohan? If you are made of money sure, why not? You will need every dollar you can muster for your Templar (only viable class left there) to be a factor in Official Rohan though. And even after spending enough to buy a car, you are just barely holding your own. Then the operators of Official Rohan puts out another huge money grab that you had better buy into or get left way behind.

Private servers? Most of the private servers out there are based on one of two leaked Rohan servers -- really buggy pre hero lvl 99 code base and the slightly better hero code base. The number of developers that can effectively reverse engineer and extend these releases can be counted on the fingers of one hand. What does that mean mean to the Rohan gaming community?

The same old Rohan over, and over and over again. Hell, 90% of pservers out there don't even have a working Exchange Market or Consignment (fully half the enjoyment of Rohan comes from it's exchange economy). Are you really expecting anything refreshing, balanced or new out of these guys?

We are here to change that. Not everybody likes that idea, but I most certainly know of a very large group of people that are anxiously waiting for it. We are here for them, to give them something new and break them out of that boring same old pvp with the same people over and over again. They are anxious to get into the game betas and start shaping our server into what Rohan should have been in the first place. We are giving them a whole new canvas to redefine Rohan into .... Rohan 2.0.

Those that want to help us do that are more than welcome to join our community at MMOPlanet.

Quote:
yea i understand you're part of the team and everything said and done it looks like you got your head on and know what you're doing..
But lets be real.. If the server launches and its exactly what u guys aimed for but people are confused and not sure what to do.. What are you guys then going to do ?
Lay out a tutorial guide for them ?
Then lets just say, they don't like it.. What then.. u guys put so much time into this...
Why risk it all when people are warning you that it might not work the way you guys plan?

Monkey didn't get his banana this morning..

Chillax sir, i did say u guys are professional and each and every server is worth trying.
maybe not for me after all i heard... But hey.. there are still people out there willing to try the server thats ''moving forward, not backward''

Yeah, spare us the backhanded compliments which are nothing more than thinly veiled sarcasm.

As to your advice, you have made your points. And they have been noted. We are not building our server to your specifications. We are building them to our own. We are not building an iRohan clone. We are not building Rohan 0.9. We are not building Rohan 1.0. We are building Rohan 2.0 and it will be our beta testers that drive what adjustments will need to be made before we finally release.

Beta input will be analyzed against the overall balance our skill set and if adjustments are required we can and will make them very quickly indeed.
Old   #75

so i keep hearing you guys say you'll end up changing the skills and revamping all that and whatnot. my question is, can you give us proof? i haven't seen many private servers capable of altering anything skill related, on any game.

a simple youtube video or something like that should suffice. like, say, altering bleeding shot (with a before and after) to do 3000 damage per bleed. something that drastic should be enough to prove the changes are possible.

Closed Thread