Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 05:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Gathering ideas for the ideal server.

Discussion on Gathering ideas for the ideal server. within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 110
Gathering ideas for the ideal server.

Everyone's Idea's are welcome :-D

As everyone knows, i have a ton of ideas about what a rohan server should be like... So i'm interested in seeing your ideas :-D

Feel free to post, no idea is a stupid idea
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/07/2015, 17:01   #2

elite*gold: 0
1. NO PURE ATTACK on anything.
2. No triple-stat items.
3.All boss drops should be made to have decent stats. Ex:

Ahkma Pendant: + 15 Dex, + 100 HP
Ahkma Necklace + 15 Int, + 100 HP
Kaan's Sealed Soul: +15 Vit, + 100 HP
Kaan's Sealed Heart: +15 Vit, + 100 MP

Fierce Necklace: + 15 Str, 100 HP,

Necklace of Fury : 15 Psy, + 100 HP
Necklace of Storm: + 15 Agi, + 100 HP
Black Turpin's Chain: + 10 All Stat, + 100 HP
Brooch of Agony: + 10 All Stat, + 100 MP

Ring of Prodigious Power:

+ 20 Str, + 20 Dex, + 150 HP

Eye of the Blood Lord:

+ 20 Int, Psy, + 150 HP

Flash of the Guardian:

+ 20 Agi, Dex, + 150 HP

Abbot's Prayer Book:
+ 20 Vit, + 150 HP

Pendant of a Belial Knight:
+ 15 All Stat

Insanity of Red Mustache :
+ +20 Str, Dex, Vit

Wrath of Blue Mustache:
+ 20 Agi, Dex, Vit

Cameo of Futility:

+ 20 Int, Psy, Vit

Wings of Solemn Death:
+25 Vit, + 10 All Stats

Aquarius: Could be made to drop a quest item used to get an acc that gives +35x, 15 all stats. X is either Str, Psy, Int, Agi, Dex, or Vit.
Another thing that should be done is raising levels of some mobs. If you're a Savage, Str Dekan, Str Guardian, Defender, or Ranger, etc., you know how hard it was to farm on Xor at level 9x. All of the good spots have too many magic mobs. R5 is the best spot, but there's just sooooo many mages in there it's ridiculous.

Skills:

Templar: Erase should be made to only take away 1-2 buffs, leveling up the skill should only lower the CD.
Reflection: The duration should be heavily reduced. 30s at level 7 is fine.
Vanishment: 30s is too low of a cd. What's the point of stunning an enemy if they can always immediately release from it? On top of this, they still have Reflection. The CD should be at least 120s. It's 180s for everybody else.
Heal, Instant Heal: Less Int should be applied. You can beat a Templar to within an inch of their life, and they can use heal every 4-5s to get back to full health. That's ridiculous. A Full-Int Templar should only be able to restore about 50% of their HP max with level 5-6 Heal.

Dhans:
Silence: The duration and or CD need to be nerfed. It's bad enough that they can almost always get the jump on you, but if they fuck up they can get a 2nd, or even 3rd chance.
Confusion Pouch: Roha's Blessing should be made to defend against this.

Mortal Rising. Psychic Phantom: These two skills simply make PP and DPP hit too high. Dhans can too easily 1-2 shot everything, even builds that are NOT squishy, like Guardians and Defenders. Instead of being stealthy killers, Dhans can too often recklessly run into a fight and mindlessly kill everything just because of their raw power. A good solution would be to take away the critical damage boost from Mortal Rising completely, lower the crit boost from PP, and boost the base damage of PP and DPP if necessary.

Defenders: Fixation should be made weaker. Yea, it's not as good as OS + CS, but it's much better than CS alone. + They have Shout to make you a glass cannon, + they have Shield Burden, Frozen, and Charge to make sure that you take ALL 10 seconds of it. In many cases, Defenders are more efficient at killing than Guardians are, but have more HP, Pdef, and defensive skills (Whirlwind, Shield Burden, Ward, Extinction). Fixation just hits too goddamn hard.

Scouts:
They need a boost in the power and CD of Multi-Shot, The DoT AoE, and Pouring Shot. Rain Shot should be given the same crit % values as Critical Shot on the Ranger skill tree.

Savages:
Brutality needs to be buffed. It should be 20% at 5, 25% at 6, and 30% at 7.
Desperate Assault should not be able to be resisted, (same for Shoulder Charge), and it should last slightly longer.
Totems should be insta-cast at all levels, just like Dhan Traps. Their HP and or Defense should be based on the caster if possible. If not, they should be made practically impossible to break by giving them a VERY high HP value.

Berserkers:
PA Mastery should give a WA boost, not a crit damage boost. We all know how that turned out. That Berserker on that one server (forgot which one) just used Berserk with a Dagger to take advantage of the crit damage boost.
Make CTB usable outside of a party, or replace it with something else. Parties already have Empower anyway.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/07/2015, 19:06   #3

pointless
Old 11/07/2015, 20:03   #4

Nothing is pointless, let him gather ideas for me to review and possibly use on Rohan X.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/07/2015, 20:30   #5

I made a post about this earlier, Anyway I am gonna make some changes to it so it appeal to more players.
Quote:
Some Tips for Developers on New Server

1. Build you server upon the old Rohan (dont confuse it with private server that called OLD-Rohan) client (cause I love the old Rohan GUI) and make the lvl cap 99. Also make sure the fps of the game is more than 30fps so its feel smooth.

2. Dont add Ronelia, New Map, Elemental Dungeon and other shits make rohan worse. Rohan is already huge, no need to scatter it more. The less the area the more pvp gonna happen and it become more fun to play. Thats also mean R5 is the higher boss in game so no more op class.

3. Make crafting rings almost same stats with the bosses in game. This way people who spend there time crafting or playing without group have better chance to compete against others who owning the game with boss drops.

4. Dont be greedy, Just add better pvp scrolls (like 20% , 30%), some good costumes and lvl 7 stones to IM. Also provide some good in-game items too. Items like Unique and rare pres stone add on in-game while opt stones and ancient pres should be added to item mall

5. Make SES drop chance better and have better chance of success.

6. No need to make exp and drop 35x 40x....people really like these number but they dont like it in real, there is no fun in getting 110 in 1 week or 3 days and it also decrease the playable value of game...Just make it twice or thrice faster than int-Rohan

7. Make TSB tax maximum to 2-3%. A game where drop rate, crone rate is higher, the guild that win will almost get 20% of whole game economy, which completely make them op and dominate new comers.

8. Of-course balance the game where its not just 1 hit kills.

Thats all...if you can do that , trust me people gonna stick to game. I am writing these point after having countless arguing with my friends when we left rohan years ago...If you think some of my points are pointless then let me know and I will describe them thoroughly.

I was playing Rohan since it started on 2008 and left it when it become 1 hit game and valueless for people who believe in game-play.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/07/2015, 21:43   #6

I agree on a good bit of those points posted above me.

I personally dont know of a way to change tsb tax #'s but I know it can be done.
I also want to add changing tsb to make iut so every guild is unknown to the others to stop the amount of double teamming on people.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/08/2015, 01:54   #7

Perfect server:
  1. Make a 100% copy of official just prior to Trinity release including all features, bosses and dungeons.
  2. Remove anything that adds any kind of all attack %.
  3. Remove double-dip from templar. Melee derived from Magic attack is not affected by melee % modifiers in accs, weapons, int/magic buffs or scrolls. Only base melee from str is affected by those.
  4. cap the livin **** out of it...
    1. Cap max of any stat to 32767 - ignore any value that goes beyond higher than this (no negative ANYTHING!).
    2. Cap regular damage at 50k for any skill regardless of where it comes from. The most regular damage can ever be delivered with a single regular hit is 50k.
    3. Cap crit damage at 75k for any skill regardless of where it comes from. The most damage that can be delivered by a single critical hit is 75k.
    4. Cap HP at 150k regardless of where it comes from. For instance if you are at 150k, adding almighty, popping a lion or a health/stat scroll will not boost you past this point.
    5. Cap total DD at 50%
  5. Remove ability to attack a player more than 15 levels lower than yourself.
  6. Remove ability to attack a player more than 15 levels higher than yourself.

I'm sure I can come up with more but I think that would make the most competitive Rohan out there while still giving players incentive to gear and level as high as they want. It also gives the most up to date clients, content (except for that Trinity garbage) and incentives.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 11/08/2015, 02:40   #8

I LOVE the idea of limiting the range of attackable chars, cant attack a player XX levels higher/lower.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/08/2015, 02:59   #9

Capping stuff is stupid. After you reach a certain point in one area, there's no point in trying anymore. You might say, "After you reach max Melee Attack, start putting points into Vit", or something like that. That would over-complicate things, + the gear you have is always changing. When better gear gets released, people would have to remake weapons and redistribute stats/skills again to get the most potential, nobody wants that.

I understand the problem, though. I noticed that you wanted Attack Force to be capped, but you said nothing about capping stat points. At Glacial Tier, Attack Force tends to become stronger than SP. At tier 5, a Mano can have 178 Agility or 50% Melee. It's pretty balanced at this point. At tier 6, A Glacial Split Katar can have 220 Agility or 66% Melee. The Str Dhan gets better boosts from his green stats, along with a HUGE boost in weapon attack that is stronger than the boost in armor defense. There IS a problem, but capping stats isn't the best answer.

One thing you may be forgetting about is Attack Force Buffs. The idea of replacing Gladiator License, Mage License, and Ranger License with Str, Dex, Vit, Agi, Int, and Psy Scrolls has been discussed before. This would make things more balanced. Another thing would be disable Enhanced Attack, and to change how Empower and CTB work. Instead of boosting all Attack Forces, it would work like Almighty.

One last thing I had in mind would be giving items +X Stat %. EX. A Split Staff could drop with +2% Psyche, along with +40 Psyche points.
Old 11/08/2015, 13:36   #10

Actually capping everything is sight gives you a far more balanced pvp than any other method. Think about it a sec. You have a server where skills can include things like shield strike, dffs and even aoe for guardians. Things like that cause heavy imbalance. Anybody doubting that should take a visit to official Rohan and see what a mess that stuff causes. Players there are running around with wrapped stats! You absolutely NEED 200K HP to keep from getting 1-shotted. Vit classes are running around with upwards of 400K HP. All that **** is just WRONG.

Sure you can max out with all this capping. But once you and others are maxxed you have to depend on skill rather than your wallet to win your battles. Isn't that what people have been complaining about in Rohan since almost day 1?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2015, 13:02   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoOne View Post
I agree on a good bit of those points posted above me.

I personally dont know of a way to change tsb tax #'s but I know it can be done.
I also want to add changing tsb to make iut so every guild is unknown to the others to stop the amount of double teamming on people.
Tax is in reserveddef.bin as many other *****.
Old 11/11/2015, 13:09   #12

elite*gold: 110
Well one of the things that has to be done is reducing tsb major's Tax.. 20% and 30% is just overdoing it.

What do you guys think about Quest Chains which gives a bunch of xp to help leveling on a slow xp server :-D

That way players don't have to grind all the way to max level.. they can quest too
Thanks
1 User