Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 06:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Rohan Revolutions Q&A Session

Old   #61

elite*gold: 110
Looking forward to this server.

I Commented in the previous Rohan Revolutions Pserver thread.

I think it was Coming soon.

and i disagree, PenguinJoe is a cool guy.

Knew him from a previous server :-P

Old   #62

elite*gold: 0
is the server is up now?
admins can you make the TSB time every other day?

Old   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by choyaxpvpers View Post
is the server is up now?
admins can you make the TSB time every other day?
Answer 1: No
You can be sure will announce when the server is ready for open beta testing.

Answer 2: Not in plan
We have not considered changing tsb timing, rules or limits from that encoded in the server v2 currently available. This may be addressed in a future update but at OBT and release this will not be changed.
Old   #64

Phew been busy for the last few days. Is it possible to have the shittest ever day at work, followed by the shittest ever day at work, finally ending today in the shittest ever day at work?

Ha well to expand on what BB said, in the next couple of weeks (maybe few weeks) we may run an invite only true closed beta. There's stuff the 4 of us devs will always miss as our minds are no longer focused solely on being players. Details on how to apply will be announced once we're ready.

Ideally we will only have a short open beta after that. I hate all of that closed and open beta nonsense but you just never know if something might go badly wrong and we may need to wipe.

By default the tsb runs 5 out of 7 days of the week (4 minor, 1 major). We'd rather not mess with this system but we might be able to do something with the timing depending on what would be the most popular thing to do. Rewards will be changed and I'm hoping we can re-enable the old tsb format with all the towers and unlimited guild members as that's my favourite too

Thanks for your interest in the server

Old   #65

When are you going to post the Info about the Server ?
Example :

Max Level
Crone Rate / Drop Rate / Exp Rate
and when are the Closed Beta and Open Beta will start ?

I'm excited and I hope that this server will be stable. This server will be fun and exciting !

Thanks in advance Btw.
Old   #66

Read above posts.
Old   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruz187 View Post
When are you going to post the Info about the Server ?
Example :

Max Level
Crone Rate / Drop Rate / Exp Rate
and when are the Closed Beta and Open Beta will start ?

I'm excited and I hope that this server will be stable. This server will be fun and exciting !

Thanks in advance Btw.
We hope it will be too. We genuinely want to bring you a great server to play on, not just something that will make us money which will get shut down after a couple of months.

As for some of the rates, not everything will be a straight multiplier increase. Some of the rates are much better if they're reconfigured properly.

Having said that the max level at the time being will be 110, using the original hero server as a base. Heroic power will be removed though and there will be a more steady progression in power levels from 99-110, not the huge jump you see now with imbalanced gear and the bugged heroic power.

Exp rate won't be high, probably around x15 at the most. What's most important is that we're improving the grinding experience so that the climb to the higher levels isn't so boring. Our idea is that players only want x10000 exp because they want to skip the boring old content... so why don't we make the levelling up process a bit better and worth doing?

Crones and drops won't use a direct multiplier. At the lower levels it will be increased by a decent amount but at the higher levels it will use a lower multiplier.

With the drop rate for normal items, it won't be increased by a lot at the lower levels but it will be a increased a bit more at the higher levels.

It's all a bit hard to explain as we won't be using straight multipliers however we'll be launching the open beta with the rates that we hope we'll be using for the full launch. We don't really want to seduce players with massive rates only to end up nerfing them heavily and having us drown in the flood of QQ tears.

CB/OB dates... soon :P
Old   #68

/me waits for his over the top invitation to arrive by limo for testing.
Old   #69

It might be better if the Exp goes 15x Only or Lower better. So sometimes you can hunt low level players. lol. It's part of the Gameplay you need to find better grinding places so make it harder to level. And btw where is the Main Server ? US or ? ( Sorry for bad english )
Old   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruz187 View Post
It might be better if the Exp goes 15x Only or Lower better. So sometimes you can hunt low level players. lol. It's part of the Gameplay you need to find better grinding places so make it harder to level. And btw where is the Main Server ? US or ? ( Sorry for bad english )
Remember that those same low level players will have high level chars that would no doubt mend you over and have their pleasure on you.

The server is not open, meaning that there is no server yet. As far as I know it will be hosted in a secret place outside of North America. Players will never be told where.
Old   #71

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
The server is not open, meaning that there is no server yet. As far as I know it will be hosted in a secret place outside of North America. Players will never be told where.
Server will be housed in a large chocolate teapot in a specific European country xD. One of you might understand what I'm referring to/my humour here (deliberately omitting country/person name).

On a serious note, look forward to this server. As it has the "best scene talent", there can be no excuses for failure (no pressure then)!

Cheers
Old   #72

No. No pressure.
Old   #73

They think we're the best in scene? Oh great, now we're ******.
Old   #74

Your colleague made the bold statement as such in the Crone Attack thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
...Just considering our team consists of the most skilled people of the rohan scene...
Deliver pls xD

What excuse(s) do you have lined up if the server fails? j/k xD
Old   #75

Oh ignore him, he's German.