Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 13:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Coming Soon: Rohan Revolutions

Old   #76

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airidass05 View Post
haha and I really hoped a good server with good admins. Clearly that's not the case.. If admins can't sort **** out betwen themselves, well... Anyways atleast u guys gave us some hope to get a good server but obviously we'll have to wait a couple more years
Itll still be a good server with good admins, dont worry. Its preferable to have stuff sorted before a release instead of drama on a running server. After all, we have a straight path and we want to bring a new age of a professional rohan server. This might not be comfortable with everyone working on it and therefore, in case of creative differences, such stuff happens. But its nothing which does make the server less worthy, professional, playable or anything. So dont interpret to much into the leaving of milocinia in regards to this server.

But yea, we will continue and release this server like expected, giving you guys the best we can. -

Thanks
1 User
Old   #77

Hmm..for some time I thought this server is going to be playable even after you guys told the enormous amount of "additional things" cramped in this server. Sadly I have no expectations now. There is no news on the progress, nothing brief on what kind of changes this server gonna have. Its just gonna be like every server out there. Every server have same problem: Either great server ideas and **** admins with P2W IM malls, or very sociable admins with **** server with every day changing skills because people QQ.

Still hoping to see some info on changes.

Old   #78

If you judge a server depending on info you get right here and now, im sorry, but we are not going to write down everything we are changing and going to change since it would simply take to long. A bit of advertisement is good, but we want to let the server speak, not the stuff we write around here. Its been simply always like this, people been posting server threads around here with various changes but never could stick to it.

However, as soon as we are done, we will provide indepth knowledge and changelogs. Just keep your feets quiet for now, itll pay out.

As of the progress? We are making a very steep progression towards release, there's been lots of stuff done. Im currently redoing the maps, means changing and populating the environment a bit, changing mob spawns and pools, chests, crafting material boxes and of course the mob level distribution which effectively shrinks the low level areas and generates more space for the acctual higher levels.
Old   #79

Anyway, I strongly suggest you to open your own site or something cause I don't think this forum is enough. You could do an updates on your progress, and if you're planning to open the server soon, like 1 month or so, start looking for potential players.

Old   #80

We do have a site and it was posted in this thread already. However, it is still under construction.
Old   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
We do have a site and it was posted in this thread already. However, it is still under construction.
Missed it. My bad, sorry..
Old   #82

Give the guys a break. I left because I didn't agree with the direction and plans for the server however the other 3 do. Should I stay on and lack motivation and passion to carry out my work and be a disruptive influence on the team? There's nothing I can do with the game that they can't so it's not going to be a major loss for them.
Old   #83

Sorry Ish, I have to disagree with you there. The loss of you on the team is major.
Old   #84

It won't, trust me. You don't want me and Yurn arguing over everything.
Old   #85

Actually, that is exactly what the team needs. It also needs one person to be the decision-maker.

Any dev team needs more than one view and proposed solution to a problem. The reason for that is that the originator of a proposal will never see the big picture. He will never see all the negatives associated with his brainchild. It is the responsibility of the team to point out those negatives and provide alternate solutions -- which most always has its own negatives. That is why all dev teams I have ever worked on has a lead decision maker to hear all of the proposals, do the weighing and finally make the decisions. However that decision maker should never have a personal stake in any one of the decisions -- in short he cannot be submitting solutions himself.

In the case of this server, you have 4 developers each with their own ideas of how a server should work. What happens when you have a boat with 4 captains, each wanting to go a different direction? Each direction has its merits and each direction has its downsides. Who chooses? This server does not have a 'owner' to do the final weighing and make that decision. So you are left with 4 people pulling in their own directions and ignoring the thoughts of the others. There is no central person (i.e. owner) that is ultimately making the decisions.

This is probably why a server such as this is a bad idea. There is not arbitrator. No decision maker. No single owner. Is having 4 cooks in the same kitchen the recipe for long term stability?
Old   #86

I see where you're coming from but the captain of this ship was already predetermined before we got on board.

Best off leaving this thread for advertising the server. I'll still be on Skype if you want to talk.
Old   #87

Yeah maybe so.

For those that are interested in watching the progress of Rohan Revo, please tune in here:

The forums are open.
Old   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Yeah maybe so.

For those that are interested in watching the progress of Rohan Revo, please tune in here:

The forums are open.
Very Well. I like this project someone has finally started to do something .
Can you give us a glimpse of the server rates ?
Old   #89

That's not the problem Mark.

The problem is that out of those four members, two had different opinions on how the game should look like and the other two just focused on something else or chose to stay out of the discussion.

Lacking structure isn't a bad thing as long as you can vote for changes or how to implement things. And we voted, well at least for the last issue.

As far as i'm concerned Ishtaria was invaluable for the team, but i was expecting him to be a bit more technical on his ideas. Considering that we're developers who actually know what they do, a few numbers would count more than words.
Old   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus812 View Post
Very Well. I like this project someone has finally started to do something .
Can you give us a glimpse of the server rates ?
There has always been things going on. You just haven't been seeing them

The answer to your question is really not much of an answer. We can't let the cat out of the bag until we are closer to beta and we are happy with the testing of the rates we set up. What I can give you up front is this:

The server will be low-to-mid experience server. It will be a lot better than iRohan, but rocket fast like most of the servers out there that haven't figured out how to edit experience rates. Nor will be be jumpstarting new players by starting them off at end-game level. Players will start at level 1.

We are working hard to provide new features in our server that is not available anywhere else - including the global server. To get the most of that and to actually give you time to learn these new features, the going will be slower than most servers so you will be using places like Akhma, Roha and Spire for lowbie building. You just won't be spending nearly as much time there leveling as you do at iRohan.

Perhaps having more time as a low level will encourage players to experiment with less used classes and builds. The last thing we want to build here is a server populated with little other than templars, vit dekans and dhans. Much of the work we have done in balancing and changing the way characters are built will help a long way into making that class diversity happen.