Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 14:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Coming Soon: Rohan Revolutions

Old   #346

elite*gold: 0
I just farted and my wife passed out. Does that count as 1-shotting?

Old   #347

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
I just farted and my wife passed out. Does that count as 1-shotting?
LOL !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
There wont be quests giving 2-3 levels... You want instant 110? There will be quest chains worth the effort giving reasonable items and reasonable EXP.
Well i understand you don't want people to instantly hit 110.

But if you think about it.. Grinding for 3 hours usually gives 5 or so levels on a decent server..

So why not have a quest that would usually take 30 minutes or so to finish.. Give 50% - 1 level @ quest level requirement.

Eg: level 60 quest gives you level 61 after you complete it.

gives people more of an option rather to just grinding

Knowing u guys, u prolly have something in place as an option against grinding.

Just me being me.. ^_^

Opinion king here <--

Old   #348

Thats contrary to what you've said before. First 200%-300% per quest, now 50%-100%. Like I said, we plan to increase quest EXP to a reasonable amount aswell as giving reasonable items. Its based on so much more factors. Saying something like "let every quest give x-y EXP" is just stupid.
Questing will be an option to grinding, both featuring different pros above the other.
Old   #349

Ofcourse we have something that will rival grinding.
For a quest line you need some lore, and rohan lacks lore big time.

I'm not saying that there won't be quest lines, after all we're keen on providing the best server out there ( including iRohan ) in terms of stability, support, content and so on.

But, the thing is that the alternative to grinding will consist of bosses/minibosses. Our aim is to get the average player used to the idea that bosses aren't something that only top players do. Sometimes bosses will somehow complement grinding but most of the time they'll act as a clear alternative to leveling and gearing yourself.

I cannot stress enough that we have the average player in mind, and we're aiming to get about 30% of the population geared with boss drops at any given level range. When i'm saying bossdrops i'm not necessarily referring to accessories only but to the entire spectrum of items from forging parts to crafting ingredients and maybe costume sets too.

Given a large enough playerbase i think that using this approach will actually make the game fun again.

Old   #350

Thumbs up

Quote:
But I guess pictures speak more than any words...

I think it really did..

I really love how the rima map looks, may i know what is the modification to this map? hehe i thought of this rambeck a town..

Lots of map in Rohan become useless ever since Dungeons like ronelia and upper gratt has been released..Such a lazy work from ynk game developers..design repetition on every rooms unlike the other world greener and very creative terrains..hmwaa love to see increase in number of monster at rima..keep it green haha..
Old   #351

Unfortunately that's not how the game will look on our server, it's how it's rendered in the Unity3D engine for our visual editing tools.

Penelope's future remake of Rohan will use the Unity3D engine though and it will look broadly similar to the screenshots.

This server will continue to use the existing game engine and client.
Old   #352

But i know game dev's from here are capable of modifying maps and increasing number of monster on it because they are pro! hehehe

Anyway What is the location name of the last screenshot ?
looks new to me..
Old   #353

The last one is Morrison or how its called. The halfelf starting map.

We will greatly increase mob density and distribution on every map. Aswell as changing the level ranges. Rima will be Level 80-100. There is aswell lots of stuff to be opened like rambeck and other new little places which where unaccessable or just not used at all. :P

Old   #354

lol is rohan going to have night and rain now ?
yay!

Also, what u guys thinking about doing with that castle that no one can enter ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
Ofcourse we have something that will rival grinding.
For a quest line you need some lore, and rohan lacks lore big time.

I'm not saying that there won't be quest lines, after all we're keen on providing the best server out there ( including iRohan ) in terms of stability, support, content and so on.

But, the thing is that the alternative to grinding will consist of bosses/minibosses. Our aim is to get the average player used to the idea that bosses aren't something that only top players do. Sometimes bosses will somehow complement grinding but most of the time they'll act as a clear alternative to leveling and gearing yourself.

I cannot stress enough that we have the average player in mind, and we're aiming to get about 30% of the population geared with boss drops at any given level range. When i'm saying bossdrops i'm not necessarily referring to accessories only but to the entire spectrum of items from forging parts to crafting ingredients and maybe costume sets too.

Given a large enough playerbase i think that using this approach will actually make the game fun again.
Yea.. I'd love to see bosses drop some armor that you will actually use instead of npc or leave it there..

What about drops such as scrolls and ses and all that..

U guys leaving mobs to drop IP and if u want anything, go to IP Merchant Talagath.

Or

Are you guys doing it so mobs drop 5%, Talagath gives 15% and IM gives 25%.
not those exact numbers, but u know what i mean.. Tier 1, tier 2, tier 3.

Just fishing :-D
Feel free to lay all the spoilers on me <3
Old   #355

No rohan does not have a day-night cycle now. Those are just pictures I've taken out of fun with the modding suite.

Scrolls will not be dropped but ASES/SES will be. Bosses will aswell drop armor/weapon parts with unique stats which cant be obtained from conventional methods, means normal weapon/armor drops from normal mobs. Those can than be used to forge more powerful armor/weapon pieces, like a more powerfull armor of pluion/edwin.

IM will carry 20% scrolls while ingame you get 5% and 10% scrolls. With other special systems like mecenary you are aswell able to get 15% ones on a more rare basis.
As of IP, we gotta see how we handle that.
Old   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop View Post
No rohan does not have a day-night cycle now. Those are just pictures I've taken out of fun with the modding suite.

Scrolls will not be dropped but ASES/SES will be. Bosses will aswell drop armor/weapon parts with unique stats which cant be obtained from conventional methods, means normal weapon/armor drops from normal mobs. Those can than be used to forge more powerful armor/weapon pieces, like a more powerfull armor of pluion/edwin.

IM will carry 20% scrolls while ingame you get 5% and 10% scrolls. With other special systems like mecenary you are aswell able to get 15% ones on a more rare basis.
As of IP, we gotta see how we handle that.
Love it..

Looking forward to rocking ''Armor of the Blood Tyrant'' and killing everyone with my ''Superior Mollek Greatsword''
lol.

Yea IP is a tricky thing.. Too much and u have everyone running around in scrolls and 6's 7's etc..
Then again, donations will be pouring in.. Prolly not on your mind.. But business is business.. Once the product is good.. the money will follow.

.. and you always have supporters like me who'll throw a couple 20's n 50's your way every now and again ^_^
Old   #357

We will prolly design the IP store to carry more special stuff instead of duplicated items. So instead of giving another option to obtain a certain item via the IP store we will prolly change it over to carry completely different and special stuff. Gotta see how we handle that and what we put in there.
Old   #358

well here's a thought.. Instead of adding in an entire new currency.. Why not make the IP store based off Crone..

Another crone sink for the game.. *** knows rohan needs lots of crone sinks lol..

Magic shop does it's job, but without a constant crone sink.. the economy will be screwed.

Why not make the items from talagath (scrolls, ses, ases, mounts, costumes, fireworks, bags, upgrade components, etc) purchasable through Crone ?

Of course you guys manage it to suit the economy and every month or two, as more crone pours itself into the game, u guys can raise / reduce prices to better fit the economy.

I think it's a good idea because u will have hundreds of players all farming crone..
and once tsb pops up 3 people put taxes to 20% (or whatever max u guys thinking).. Those 3 guilds would hold tons of crone.
However to counter-act those 3 guilds holding too much crone and throwing the game off balance, put Guild Stones and Soul of Pride in the Talagath Crone store.. Making it a necessity for winning guilds to put aside some profit from tsb toward investing in guild requirements..

Sorry if i'm just rambling on, i get ideas and feel the need to share.. Shoot me down, talk among ur peeps n see if it's a good idea :-D

...Btw your server's forum is not online... I've tried to access it to post my ideas there so people here wouldn't steal it xD

can u give me the link to your forum again plox <3
I'm already registered
Old   #359

IP will remain as it is. We will make sure for enough crone sinks. :P

Old   #360

QQ it's telling me my username and password don't match.. QQ !!!

now i gotta wait 15 minutes.. lol