Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 13:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Coming Soon: Rohan Revolutions

Old   #211

elite*gold: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milocinia View Post
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old   #212

elite*gold: 0
We're currently making heavy progress with changes to the game under the bonnet/hood.

We discovered that inflated magical defense was set at a 5:1 ratio instead of the usual 4:1 ratio that inflated physical defense and attack has. Whilst it's only int/psy classes that have a significant amount of inflated magical defense, it still means a 25% increase in the effectiveness of it for everyone. That explains why magic mobs are so stupidly OP even against magic based classes! It also means a drop in damage output in pvp for warlocks and a slight drop for wizards but that'll be rectified.

We also found that psy only gave some classes 10 points of mana instead of 20. This will now be 20 for everyone.

Blunt mastery's damage formula has been rewritten completely. Aside from a few changes to it, one of the major factors is that the melee given by blunt mastery will no longer be increased by melee % buffs or scrolls. Once we've tweaked the whole shebang, we'll give you a much better idea of how templars stack up. A few of the min/max "power gamers" won't like it but... we don't care because we're doing what's right

Anyway it's off to real life work for me... yes on a Sunday night

Old   #213

elite*gold: 110
ew... Sunday work. lol

Btw i strongly agree with your previous statement about taking away the Melee% inflation with temps..

I believe that Int and Magic % should be the only thing that stacks for damage on a templar..

That way, no templar can stack Melee scrolls, with str buffs, with Melee% Mace..

The only buffs that should make a difference to temps should be alm and Int Buffs..
and the only stat that should matter to temps is Magic % Mace and Int Items..

No melee what so ever ^_^

...However i doubt u can make their Phyiscal Damage in PvP / PvE scale off of their Magic Attack..
Not sure if that is possible..
Eg: Temps with 10'000 melee attack force hit 25
Eg: Temps with 10'000 magic attack force hit 1000
Old   #214

Thanks to Yurneroo one of the things we are able to do with RR that no other pserver to date has been able to provide is that we have full control of not only the 'configurable' variables for damage contained in the bin files, we also have control over the actual damage mechanics governed by the server code itself (in other words the code that actually uses those configurations).

We don't just jiggle a few numbers and multipliers in bin files. No sir! We actually augment the server's code with our own to do our own damage calculations and factors.

It's really cool stuff and when done will be .... Revolutionary.

Also when or IM and EM are complete, I think YNK/PWI will ragequit. I can't give away any hints of some of the RR-only features but it's gonna pretty sweet & Steve Lee is gonna be scrambling to incorporate those features in his system.

Old   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post

Also when or IM and EM are complete, I think YNK/PWI will ragequit. I can't give away any hints of some of the RR-only features but it's gonna pretty sweet & Steve Lee is gonna be scrambling to incorporate those features in his system.
Or they will shut your server down, like any other. I really hope you have a way to avoid being shut by YNK.
Old   #216

Of course we do.
Old   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinful View Post
I believe that Int and Magic % should be the only thing that stacks for damage on a templar..
That's exactly how it's going to be actually Templars popping a melee scroll will be like guardians popping a magic scroll

No need to worry about YNK and Stevie. We have a couple of proven hosts lined up that throw DMCA stuff in the bin.
Old   #218

hype intensifies
Old   #219

Don't believe the hype!!
Old   #220

Acctually we are not working on a rohan server. Thats all liez! We just want YNK **** their pants.
Old   #221

We do?
Old   #222

About those change's on the mapserver formula for dmg and etc there are so other people that know how to do it (That dosen't mean i know how to do it) + changing it might ruin the game with other type of bugs.My advice is to not allow powerfull stuff into the game like skills over 30% boost on attack nor % Attack spirit stones or + Attack Rings that ruin the fun of the game also changing the Heroic Power to suit each class would be gr8 like seek out the Heroic Power for Scout and Give it a boost on Defence from 35% to 70% def and they will hold bit better and give dekans a boost from 35% to 60 % on attack so that people actualy start playing Str Dekan Int Dekan (And my favourite one Sepa dekan ) Also changing skills mode from single target to aoe will help dekan (Aoe Breah Aoe Health Drain) and some of regular zhen skill beeing able to use on sepa dekan. (Atleast those were my idea's for a server) (Yes this means im not gonna build any server so soon)
Old   #223

Don't worry I've already told Yurn not to go crazy with it all It's only a few minor tweaks + blunt mastery. There's no need to change other stuff that can't be done in other ways.
Old   #224

There might be people being able to edit the asm code of the mapserver in a hex editor. What we are doing is absolutely different. We write our OWN code and plug it into the mapserver which calls it. There are just three other people out there which I know are capable of doing this. Two of those retired and the other one aint active. :P

Oh and strength dekans are fine. Tho, zhens will now aswell give magic weapon attack.
Old   #225

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.