Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 16:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

So how many P.Servers have come and gone?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
So how many P.Servers have come and gone?

I'm burnt out, i remember the last p.server (forgot name) i really enjoy myself was around Feb 2012, it had a lot of players most spoke English and it was high rate. Now every month there's a new p.server nothing enjoyable, they either have cash shops that will force you to spend $20+ a month which honestly i can afford but i refuse to spend that much on a p.server. I remember spending $20 on a Aion p.server for full ABG gears and that was it i was able to play on that server for a long time. I don't know what's the cost to maintain a server but i'm not gonna spend money on something that i won't enjoy more than 2 months.

*sign* i wish someone would make a server and say lets give everyone upgrades, free lvl6 & 7s, scrolls etc.with high exp rate TSB every day, no heroic skills.
I don't wanna lvl to max every few months on a diffrent server!

tl;dr: I want a full pvp server with no pay to win bull ****.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

Wont happen.
The people to actually play a pvp server just aren't around anymore.
Not only that but a pvp server usually gives pretty much everything free meaning they wont be online more then a month or two because no one donates to help support the server costs.

Feb 2012 that was right after Xor has shut down and I think Underground was around but that wasnt high rate nor did it last long.

Old   #3

This just isnt possible because there is always someone that screws up the server when its running perfectly and everyone is loving it, trust me I have server hopped for years and this goes for all private servers not just rohan. And unless the server admin is rich and isnt money hungry then im sorry but you are asking for the impossible. I have been looking for a server like the one you described for a while and its been about two years give or take havnt found any....And I hate when people say "we NEED donations to keep the server running," you don't need jack ****, if you cant afford to run a server do us all a favor and don't start one.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #4

To be fair it's a bit much to ask someone to bear the entire cost of running a server but those costs aren't huge and there's no need to have so many items in the item mall at high prices. That just leads to profiteering and a two-tiered game, regardless of how you dress it up with tradeability.

If I get the opportunity (which unfortunately is unlikely), I might try and look at configuring a server to have very little item mall stuff. Ideally anything in it would be truly optional and give no advantage to those who "donate".

I've come up with a few ideas but implementing it will come down to time, something which I have precious little of.

Old   #5

Pretty much put all items that people put into the Item mall and place them in game for crone or ip purchasing and only place cosmetic items with no added stats or bonuses to the donation section in hopes of people buying them for the love of changing outfits.
Old   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
To be fair it's a bit much to ask someone to bear the entire cost of running a server but those costs aren't huge and there's no need to have so many items in the item mall at high prices. That just leads to profiteering and a two-tiered game, regardless of how you dress it up with tradeability.

If I get the opportunity (which unfortunately is unlikely), I might try and look at configuring a server to have very little item mall stuff. Ideally anything in it would be truly optional and give no advantage to those who "donate".

I've come up with a few ideas but implementing it will come down to time, something which I have precious little of.
I know its a bit much, but in my opinion before you advertise the server make sure you have enough money to stay alive for at least 3-6 months. I have seen servers begging for donations right after the server has started. That shows a lot of weakness on the stability of the server.
Old   #7

The problem with alot of servers is they are thrown together so quickly as to avoid paying host costs without generating any income, that they arent fully configured. They have exploits and bugs out the *** and players exploit them until playerbase refuses to do anything but exploit and it shuts down.

I agree on having host dues paid for 3-6 months ahead of time, but just taking the time to properly configure and set up your website/forum/server makes a ton of difference in the end.
I've been known to donate to support a server without even wanting or getting anything in return due strictly to them having their **** in order and handling things as professionally as normal people can be.
Old   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoOne View Post
The problem with alot of servers is they are thrown together so quickly as to avoid paying host costs without generating any income, that they arent fully configured. They have exploits and bugs out the *** and players exploit them until playerbase refuses to do anything but exploit and it shuts down.
This. There's always going to be bugs at first but too many servers open too quickly and fail to fix their core issues. They also have no action plan or realistic road map for their server.
Old   #9

With all the rich players i saw in Irohan you would think one would have open a pvp rohan server by now. I'm not asking for free stuff, just don't make the freaking server a blatant money grab.