Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 21:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

BloodWar Gaming presents....

Discussion on BloodWar Gaming presents.... within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old 06/18/2014, 18:57   #121

elite*gold: 0
They removed the forging NPCs to avoid the forge hack.

However, i don't think that they're aware that people can still forge items by sending some specially crafted packets ^^.
Old 06/18/2014, 20:10   #122

we are zzer. Just a few people know how to do it.
Old 06/19/2014, 05:27   #123

I really wish these kinds of hackers would die in real life. Not really sure what pleasure can be gained from spoiling other people's fun other than they know they're just too dumb to be competitive in a fair way so cheating is the only thing they can do in a desperate attempt to massage their ego. I don't see them being any better than something like a common thief.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/19/2014, 15:37   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
I really wish these kinds of hackers would die in real life. Not really sure what pleasure can be gained from spoiling other people's fun other than they know they're just too dumb to be competitive in a fair way so cheating is the only thing they can do in a desperate attempt to massage their ego. I don't see them being any better than something like a common thief.
Thing is that the no-talent morons doing this are losers that are trying to prove something to their friends (and maybe to themselves), but they just don't have the ***** to take on the real thing.

What makes these aforementioned morons "losers" is that they target pservers rather than someone like PlayWith.

Why? Because a pserver can't fight back.

They do it to pservers because pservers operate that grey area where they will not call interpol or other authorities to chase these douchebags down for hacking. Pservers won't pull in lawyers and sue their ***** off because pservers really can't prove damages without incriminating themselves.

Pserver hackers are too chickensh!t to hack a retail game server because they simply are not good enough to do so and actually get away with it. Pservers are easy targets that can't fight back. All they can do is throw up roadblocks which simply makes these guys even happier.

These guys are just scared little ******* that will only prey on those that can't fight back. All stop.

The perfect antihack would have a client-side component that detects their hacking and not only shuts down the client, but proceeds to delete it.
Old 06/19/2014, 15:48   #125

And their bank account
Old 06/19/2014, 16:23   #126

You can not give people the opportunity to hack and expect them not to, look at all the bans on iRohan for abusing the coin system.
...even more so on private servers where there is no negative consequence...
Old 06/19/2014, 16:48   #127

hahaha puro may expiration
Old 06/19/2014, 17:19   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion1 View Post
You can not give people the opportunity to hack and expect them not to, look at all the bans on iRohan for abusing the coin system.
...even more so on private servers where there is no negative consequence...
Ah, but what if there was a negative consequence?

I have a mean streak a mile wide. If someone is hacking my game server, I would look at as an attempt to damage my server. I would not hesitate one second in returning the favor.

There's nothing like a pserver fighting back with a little mayhem of its own to dampen a amateur cracker's ardor.

There are lots of things that can be done that is pretty tough to get around -- and some don't even need that client component.
Old 06/19/2014, 17:23   #129

Been looking into Rohan lately, how is your server holding up?
Old 06/19/2014, 20:37   #130

@Penguin: I don't like to argue but what are you going to do to a "cracker" from PH or China. Worst case scenario you can ban his IP...
Old 06/19/2014, 21:11   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion1 View Post
@Penguin: I don't like to argue but what are you going to do to a "cracker" from PH or China. Worst case scenario you can ban his IP...
Haha. LOL regardless of where they are there are a LOT of things I can do them. Banning does nothing but let them know I am onto them. I would not warn them.

I think the worst case of what I could do is their Rohan client deleted and every unlocked file on their C: drive. Oopsie!
Old 06/19/2014, 23:29   #132

We will not increase xp rates just to gain players. Our player base is slowing growing just because you may not see more then a few people on when you are on does not mean its dead.
No server except maybe Xor got a giant amount of players in the first few days, its a slow process and we understand that.
As for drop rates yes we are going to increase them slightly and make some changes to a few other things that should make players happy.
As for advertising, I dont know what more I can do other then go into other servers and spam which I personally wont do.

As for the script kiddies who enjoy "hacking" on pservers , Joe has it exactly right.
They cant go after larger servers or companies who can afford to fight back or even go after them.
"Hacking" a pserver is the equivalent to hitting a single vs a home run in the hacking scene.
Old 06/20/2014, 01:14   #133

Well, i'm not Dreto.

The thing with Rohan Pservers is that they are ran by people who can't handle or develop them. Granted, hacking in the pserver scene doesn't taste the same as hacking on an official version. But, since the scene is filled with leechers, for me it's more of a fun thing to do.

As for the official version hacking, need i remind you that i actually made an undetectable speedhack as a proof of concept? I know speedhacking isn't a big thing to do, but as i said it was just a proof of concept.

Now, you need to understand that i really dislike this pserver scene, including the top developers that are out there. Well, not all of them, but most of them. But not as much as i dislike leechers. Leechers are the reason why this scene has gone downhill. And, back in the days when i gave a **** about Rohan, i did all could to get those leecher servers down. Personally, i don't like to see a script kiddie earning a single cent out of things i do.

Now, PJ, stop taking parts in this scene. So far you did nothing so you don't have a saying. Looking for exploits is a fun thing to do, being a script kiddie is lame. Doesn't matter if you look for exploits on a pserver or the official one, it's still an exploit.
Not to mention that if we're talking about Rohan, there's not a big difference between the pserver scene and the official server. They're all ran by incompetents.
Old 06/20/2014, 02:08   #134

@IncognitoOne do u know when the drop rate will be increased and the missing starter items will be fixed ? im just waiting for it to start play with my friends.
Old 06/20/2014, 09:01   #135

There are no missing starting items. Drop rate wont be increased.
Closed Thread

Tags
bloodwar, bloodwar gaming, rohan, super badass server