Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 01:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

BloodWar Gaming presents....

Closed Thread

Old   #166

elite*gold: 0
It's incredibly easy for YNK to remove downloads, they don't have to prove anything. DMCA states they only have to send an email citing that "they have good faith belief" the download infringes their copyright, and the host will remove it no questions asked, leaving you to sue YNK for damages.

Read and marvel at it's magnificence:

Old   #167

Ah, but that really means nothing. It depends on the company hosting it. Not all of them will bend over for Mr. Lee just because he barks. All the hosting company has to say is "We will not remove a file simply because you think it is your property. Provide proof of ownership of this specific item and we will consider removing it", and it will be on Mr. Lee and his lawyers to provide evidence of that. Laws are funny that way - including DMCA. They all require some sort of proof and Playwithi's lawyers would be on the nut to prove guilt.

To do that, they would themselves need to download and decrypt it. Not saying that is impossible, but depending on the password used it can take a really, really long time to do -- an archive password like "Uqj4UqA#zPnt4uHNbH2f^36tR2g4UMju" would take several years.

Thing is it all depends on the host. Some are ******* about their client's files, some will tell them to take a long walk off a short pier.

Old   #168

Read my message again: DMCA requires hosts to remove it. It is enough for the other part to provide their full credentials and "swear under penalty of perjury".
If they choose not to, they take the responsibility of being sued themselves instead of YNK.
Some do...some don't...
I would say most don't.

PS: good thing SOPA didn't went trough or all the uploads would have had to be manually approved
Old   #169

Ecatel is your friend

Old   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtaria View Post
Ecatel is your friend
I dont think if the feds literally knocked on the door, they would care.
Old   #171

Because Netherlands Shmoke and a pancake?
Old   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion1 View Post
Read my message again: DMCA requires hosts to remove it. It is enough for the other part to provide their full credentials and "swear under penalty of perjury".
If they choose not to, they take the responsibility of being sued themselves instead of YNK.
Some do...some don't...
I would say most don't.

PS: good thing SOPA didn't went trough or all the uploads would have had to be manually approved
Excerpt from DMCA section 512...

Note the last 2 paragraphs. 2nd to last spells out the burden of proof rests squarely on the copyright owner's head. The last paragraph is where the magic happens..

While Mr Lee can have something taken down, you can turn around and have it put right back up with a counter notice and Putback And at that point, the whole 'fuzzy' take down notice bs goes swirling right down the toilet. Lee would have to push it thru courts and at that time prove that the file belongs to him - which he can't do due to the encryption & lack of identifying file names.

But yeah, some file hosting outfits will hose you rather than put up a fight. Others, like Ecatel will host your server/files and tell guys like Lee & Playwithi to go wank in a corner - as long as you pay the price of their hosting (damn good, but not cheap).
Old   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
[...] taken down, you can turn around and have it put right back up with a counter notice and Putback [...]
...of course you can. You just have to provide the full credentials and take the legal responsibility on yourself, otherwise the host is not required to take any action.

I guess this will put the dedication of the server owners to the test
Old   #174

Server closed ?:X website down launcher down
Old   #175

Yea the datacenter had an issue Ive already contacted them , them said 15-30 minutes.
I apologize for the issue but we will be back up and running again in a matter of time and this was no reason of ours.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #176

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Cause the Server is down doesnt mean the Server is closed...
If we Close the Server we woud Post here why.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #177

Please wait 15-30mins said Inco, woke up now and still offline, now it said please reinstall on launcher and after i did that failed to download files -.-
Old   #178

The server is and has been online since about 30 mins after I said it yesterday lol.
Some players and when I say some I seriously mean a handful are having an issue with our loader not downloading files since changing hosts.

Im not sure where you got this " Please reinstall " message though.
Old   #179

Different version.dat bothsides
Old   #180

We are going to be boosting rates across the board ( except forging/xp of course )
Crone rates and Drop rates are going up, up, up.

I have a direct download set up and will continue to locate and make more links for everyone to use.
PLEASE download the loader.zip off our website and unzip it to your BloodWar Gaming folder.
Doing so will fix any issue with the loader not patching and will also allow you to patch for these changes.

Hope everyone enjoys the changes we have made.

Edited 1st post.

I updated the main post with an update at the bottom about rate changes.

Closed Thread

Tags
bloodwar, bloodwar gaming, rohan, super badass server