Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 22:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

BloodWar Gaming presents....

Closed Thread

Old   #136

elite*gold: 0
You haven't actually played this server legitimately, Marvetick. I have soloed from level 1 to 85, and have sold all drops I've gotten from mobs. Surely I'd have enough crone for decent gear, right? Well...

An Artisan III Weapon (Lv. 55) costs 5m.
Artisan IV (Lv. 75) costs 25m.
Artisan V (Lv. 95) costs 60m

The bare minimum for your weapon is two Quartz stones for 30% Mag and 35% DD, one Quartz stone is 15m. That's 55m total if you use an Artisan IV.

Then you have armor stones, I'm level 85 atm, so the mobs I have to fight are very strong, having a +70 pd stone on each piece of armor is practically a mandate, because of how weak crafted armor is. That's 15m for each piece, 115m.

Over 100m total crone is required to have decent gear, guess how total crone I've gotten? 100m? 200m? No...

19 million Crone in total: from EVERYTHING I've sold, and you say that the drop rate shouldn't be raised. That's the problem with Rohan, the developers are not considerate.

Old   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvetick View Post
There are no missing starting items. Drop rate wont be increased.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoOne View Post
We will not increase xp rates just to gain players. Our player base is slowing growing just because you may not see more then a few people on when you are on does not mean its dead.
No server except maybe Xor got a giant amount of players in the first few days, its a slow process and we understand that.
As for drop rates yes we are going to increase them slightly and make some changes to a few other things that should make players happy.
As for advertising, I dont know what more I can do other then go into other servers and spam which I personally wont do.

As for the script kiddies who enjoy "hacking" on pservers , Joe has it exactly right.
They cant go after larger servers or companies who can afford to fight back or even go after them.
"Hacking" a pserver is the equivalent to hitting a single vs a home run in the hacking scene.
F*CK LOGIC MAN! Can someone decides?
Players haven't crones to buy your items.
Exp rate is good but generally drop - sucks. That's the problem why you'll not get new players, and present players will quit this server. You need to increase drop rate if you wanna have players.

Old   #138

geez, Drop rate wont be increased ? Really ?
>__<
Old   #139

Its so funny when a templur(i forgot his name) pvp me in arena and he got scrolls(IM) and saying that he's a "PRO". And of course i just have starting gears, maybe we have same lvl but im just hitting him 100's with normal and he was hitting me like 600+. If he got better gears, how? For that low drop rate. And if he got starting gears like me, then obviously u cant win vs the donators or donors. After that i just quit playing, but still goodluck for the server. Maybe ill be back if i see some changes

Old   #140

Of course people who donate can level faster and buy gear off the IM ( rings ) and hit you harder, thats EVERY version of rohan and you know that.
You cant find one server out that donating doesnt give some advantage.

Its not the drop rate that everyone is worried about , its the crone rate.
Get a guild and buff wells blow, we boosted it to give a nice amount of crone per kill.
Old   #141

Quote:
Of course people who donate can level faster and buy gear off the IM ( rings ) and hit you harder, thats EVERY version of rohan and you know that.
That is a good point. If donating does not provide at least a little tangible benefit, very few would donate. Nobody will donate $20/month to have pretty costumes that does not give a competitive edge. And if nobody is donating, the server dies really fast.

Game servers, whether private of commercial, costs hundreds of dollars every month to run. Hosting costs can be about $100 US/month for a server that will dump you as soon as Playwith barks at them to almost $200/month for an offshore host that will tell guys like Playwith to f**k themselves. Rohan developers that will work for free are as rare as hair on a frog (don't laugh there is such a thing. It is really rare).

You can't run a private server on air and nobody that runs a private server wants to pay hundreds of dollars out of their pocket just so you can play a game (and loser hackers can develop their minimal skills cheating on it).

So there is a choice for anyone that runs a private game server (and not just Rohan): Either provide a shop that sells powerups (P2W Pay 2 Win), charge subscriptions (P2P Pay to Play) or do neither -- pay out of pocket, go into debt and shut down the server after a few months (F2F Free to Fail).
Old   #142

their are some missing items in beginners pack...
any refund...
Hat giving 10 All Stat, both last for 30 days
Monkey pet with a 10 day duration
100% Drop Seal lasting 10 days
Mount giving 100% Mobility lasting 15 days
5 Party Summoning rings...
Old   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvetick View Post
There are no missing starting items. Drop rate wont be increased.
What about the starter costume, monkey, Seal, Mount, summoning rings just desapear after log off ?
and im talking about the drop crone rate, not drop item rate, about crones rate i was talking, sorry.

Quote:

Get a guild and buff wells blow, we boosted it to give a nice amount of crone per kill.
Then, will not raise rates ? (crone rates)
Old   #144

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
That is a good point. If donating does not provide at least a little tangible benefit, very few would donate. Nobody will donate $20/month to have pretty costumes that does not give a competitive edge. And if nobody is donating, the server dies really fast.

Game servers, whether private of commercial, costs hundreds of dollars every month to run. Hosting costs can be about $100 US/month for a server that will dump you as soon as Playwith barks at them to almost $200/month for an offshore host that will tell guys like Playwith to f**k themselves. Rohan developers that will work for free are as rare as hair on a frog (don't laugh there is such a thing. It is really rare).

You can't run a private server on air and nobody that runs a private server wants to pay hundreds of dollars out of their pocket just so you can play a game (and loser hackers can develop their minimal skills cheating on it).

So there is a choice for anyone that runs a private game server (and not just Rohan): Either provide a shop that sells powerups (P2W Pay 2 Win), charge subscriptions (P2P Pay to Play) or do neither -- pay out of pocket, go into debt and shut down the server after a few months (F2F Free to Fail).
Yeah of course u need funds to keep the server running thats why there is itemmall, but u need players too. How bout those players that cant donate? Maybe its better if they can buy those stuff from IM to npc but lesser % like 10%scrolls so that even thou normal players can still fight back a bit to those donors that have 30%scrolls rings ect. Just a suggestion
Old   #145

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tertz13 View Post
Yeah of course u need funds to keep the server running thats why there is itemmall, but u need players too. How bout those players that cant donate? Maybe its better if they can buy those stuff from IM to npc but lesser % like 10%scrolls so that even thou normal players can still fight back a bit to those donors that have 30%scrolls rings ect. Just a suggestion
Thats what we gonna do.
For Non Donators a NPC with Stuff like 10% Scrolls etc so they got also a chance to fight the Donators

We gonna Update our Server if we gonna switch our Host in 5 Days.
Then we also gonna get more Players, they just waiting for the Updates
Old   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdtarrask View Post
What about the starter costume, monkey, Seal, Mount, summoning rings just desapear after log off ?
and im talking about the drop crone rate, not drop item rate, about crones rate i was talking, sorry.

Then, will not raise rates ? (crone rates)
The crone rate might be changed slightly but we boosted the guild buff 'wells blow' so it will greatly increase the amount of crone you get while having it on.

We will be placing a npc in game that will carry 10% scrolls we have just been trying to focus on some other aspects of the server.

The old starting box was removed, but if you do the quests you will notice that all of the items minus the costume are now given at your town bindstone up to level 50, also a few quests at GH bind.
After 50 you'll have to get the reward quests at limestone bind.
Old   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post

Lol i love hearing this when private servers are just getting by with the money they got. First rule of private server is if you don't have the money for it, don't run it. Its a simple rule to follow but difficult to keep up. We know how expensive it is to host bla bla bla...Im sorry but i am so sick of hearing this crap every private server I play on. And there is also another choice that you did not mention. HAVE THE MONEY beforehand and then host the server. If the owners of the servers think that this is some kind of a money tree they are obviously wrong or people need to rethink their career. Just my 2 cents.
Old   #148

If you feel that way why would you even play a private server ? Cuz you made it clear you dont wana spend money on a private server but making a private server for us the people running it it's a business. And yes thats the way every single private server work noone will keep hes pc on or buy a host from his own money just so that you play for fun on it.My rule when running a server You dont Like it You dont Play Free to leave.
Old   #149

Fluffy even if I fork out enough cash to buy a host for a full year I would like to see some sort of reimbursement of the funds I put out at some point in that year.

Not everyone running/owning servers is doing it to make a large profit, some of us are just looking to create a fun environment for players to come and enjoy the game that we all love.

My team and Dreto are a few of the people that arent in this to make a living off it but to continue to enjoy rohan in general.
Old   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrt2008 View Post
If you feel that way why would you even play a private server ? Cuz you made it clear you dont wana spend money on a private server but making a private server for us the people running it it's a business. And yes thats the way every single private server work noone will keep hes pc on or buy a host from his own money just so that you play for fun on it.My rule when running a server You dont Like it You dont Play Free to leave.
Why would I even want to play on a private server? Oh because the orginial Rohan was too damn expensive on the first place. And it takes hella time to be fully geared up and all those changes that I can't stand...you get the point. If you're going to make a private server just to make a business then you're not going to do so well. You make it sound like as if I said don't have any donators items...I am just trying to point out that make sure you have money beforehand ..If I don't like it I do leave as well as others. I'm just letting the people that run private servers know if they do not have the money don't plan on running one...
Quote:
Fluffy even if I fork out enough cash to buy a host for a full year I would like to see some sort of reimbursement of the funds I put out at some point in that year.

Not everyone running/owning servers is doing it to make a large profit, some of us are just looking to create a fun environment for players to come and enjoy the game that we all love.

My team and Dreto are a few of the people that arent in this to make a living off it but to continue to enjoy rohan in general.
I understand where you're coming from and I see can putting a lot of money into something might not give as much back but you don't know that until you have tried. Private servers are either hit or miss. But when making a server I would expect some loss before gainging any cash flow...

Closed Thread

Tags
bloodwar, bloodwar gaming, rohan, super badass server