Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 01:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ Ion Network ] Ion Rohan - OBT | Now Live | Mid/High-Rate | Dedicated

Discussion on [ Ion Network ] Ion Rohan - OBT | Now Live | Mid/High-Rate | Dedicated within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 04/16/2014, 15:07   #121

elite*gold: 0
No offence Reqviem but by giving gm commands to everyone you just proven that whoever buy's your antihack haz no control over hes server notsoever in a way you just showed them that you can access the server even if they no longer use your antihack service's.
So that makes me woander are you still gonna deny that the antihack have no backdoors?Copying info and querrys and most of the info's and right now i bet you gonna say i can access it from the website true but if you could do that you wouldv done it into all the other server's that use your php website i dont wana point fingers but you said it yourself even RRohan use some of your php website and yet they had no problem's.

Above all dont get mad cuz i no longer have any rohan files ive moved on.
Old 04/16/2014, 16:38   #122

The new version of the antihack is just a 3rd party service. This means that Ion should've paid for a service, not an application.

He didn't receive any application.

Also, every time somebody buys something from me i clearly state that i won't do anything shady unless they act shady.

Kryss from Shine managed to get the antihack leeched and after that it used it without paying.
Ion didn't get it leeched, but it didn't pay for it. Xiro burried his head in the ground and keeps postponing the payments for 2 months now.
Old 04/16/2014, 17:01   #123

Make them pay for this , they are a bunch of greedy guys with no clue in how to manage a server. Now they didn t paid for your antihack? If you can disable the antihack just do it.

4req: nu mai incerca sa discuti civilizat cu psihopatii astia , da disable la antihack si bateti joc de ei. Inteleg ca vrei sa iti recuperezi banii , eu zic ca nu merge cu vorba buna.
Old 04/16/2014, 22:33   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1cer10 View Post
Make them pay for this , they are a bunch of greedy guys with no clue in how to manage a server. Now they didn t paid for your antihack? If you can disable the antihack just do it.
It is just a server. Servers come, servers go. In fact I have a server for a different, and far more popular game already created to take its place -- took me a whole day and a half to create. Not a big deal at all.

A person's reputation however takes an awful lot longer to fix. You know what this all looks like to me? This:

Hacker: Give me money on time and I will protect you from being hacked
Client: But I don't have any money.
Hacker: Aw {tsk, tsk} that's too bad. I guess I judt have have to take my protection away.
Hacker: *removes protection and immediately hacks former client himself*

That my friends is what is commonly referred to as protection racket. Would you purchase those 'protection' services if you know this guy would possibly do this to you if he gets mad at you for any reason? Would you hire someone to work on your precious server who would do this to you if he gets ****** off at you?

I wouldn't.

Professional ethics exist for a reason.
Old 04/16/2014, 22:37   #125

He does not get mad at you for nothing. He just wants his money
Old 04/16/2014, 22:39   #126

And if he gets his money right now, what exactly is he going to do to reverse the damage he has caused by this?

The damage is done. No amount of money paid to him will ever reverse it. So tell me, why should it be paid?

He's not mad at me. He's mad at Xiro. All I am really doing here is pointing out to him the irreparable damage he has done to himself by following this course of action.
Old 04/16/2014, 22:57   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
And if he gets his money right now, what exactly is he going to do to reverse the damage he has caused by this?

The damage is done. No amount of money paid to him will ever reverse it. So tell me, why should it be paid?

He's not mad at me. He's mad at Xiro. All I am really doing here is pointing out to him the irreparable damage he has done to himself by following this course of action.
Actually,i think he allready had his mind off from that money the instant he disabled the antihack.He's right you know,the instant you stop paying ,you lose everything.Anyway,i guess ion 2 was a big failure like ion 1.I myself ain't surpised at all it has come to this.Cheers!
Old 04/16/2014, 23:16   #128

Xiro can shut down his Rohan server if he wants. It's his server. At this point it is no skin off my backside. And I suspect it won't be such a huge issue to him either.

I only feel sorry for all the players that are still there that will need to go find somewhere else to play this game - if they do - that's not a given.
Old 04/16/2014, 23:22   #129

Ofcourse i'm not mad at you Mark, for now ^^

If you call my methods a protection racket, how do you call postponing an agreed payment for 2 months?
I'll tell you. It's scamming.

How would i actually do any wrong to Ion? The antihack was closed, everybody was free to dupe and forge hack.
5-6 hours before i closed the antihack i sent Xiro the following message :

Here's a transcript :
Quote:
[4/15/2014 3:54:37 PM] Reqviem: Hi.
[4/15/2014 3:56:04 PM] Reqviem: Ok. So, courtesy of the PW logs on your server there are donations worth of about 1800 usd, excluding the items you sold directly and didn't require IM points.
[4/15/2014 3:56:56 PM] Reqviem: Every single time you were supposed to pay you kept postponing it, which doesn't really make any sense.
[4/15/2014 3:57:35 PM] Reqviem: The antihack is the key to keeping your server alive, and i think this is the 3rd time we warn about closing it.
[4/15/2014 3:58:31 PM] Reqviem: I don't know your reasons, but we had a deal.
[4/15/2014 4:00:17 PM] Reqviem: Since you seem to be a nice guy i'll give you the chance to explain the situation. But if your explanation doesn't end with you sending the amount of money negociated with Yurneroo i'll personally close the gateway.
[4/15/2014 4:00:37 PM] Reqviem: And i will only turn it on again after you keep your end of the deal.
[4/15/2014 4:01:15 PM | Edited 4:01:35 PM] Reqviem: This isn't a chance to postpone the payment, it's a chance to clear your name and stop me from bringing it down.
[4/15/2014 6:30:52 PM] Reqviem: I expect an answer in abt 3 hours from now on.
I gave him one last chance to stop me from messing around. Guess what, he didn't answer.

Why should he pay me?
Are you for real? It's like you're an attorney trying to somehow convince the jury that Xiro is the victim. He brought this on himself.

I don't consider myself a victim, i'm just taking care of loose ends, nothing more.

Just do yourself a favor an stop defending Xiro.

Every time in those 2 months when i asked him about the payments he postponed them.
If he didn't have enough money for the server, why didn't he close it?
Was he hoping that i would let the antihack live without any payment?

I'll say it again : Stop defending his name, and stop blaming me for my actions. I might have a cool fangroup, but i'm a man of my word with people who prove themselves trustworthy.

To be honest, i'm sick and tired of all the scamers/leechers lurking around in the Rohan scene.
I'm here for fun now since i will no longer get involved in any kind of rohan development.

It's just sad to see that a man for whom Ishtaria vouched personally could go round and take sides with a scamer.
Old 04/16/2014, 23:29   #130

As you can see penguinjoe i am right once again. In every single server you were in staff , it was a massive fail
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2014, 01:17   #131

@d1cer10

DarkGamerz -- Server owner and all other developers walked away from it leaving it sitting in my lap. How is that my fault? I couldn't even access the server.

Ion 2 -- Server owner and his dev has a dispute over payment - dev walks away and leaves it in my lap. That dev decides to kill this server. My fault? Sure - if you say so bud.

See a coincidence here? I wonder who that OTHER developer was that worked on those servers before i even got to either one of them. Oh... right... lol

Well tbh Rohan is a dead game for sure. That is even proven by the petty behavior of the people who are so **** greedy they claw at each other over the pennies donated by the few die-hard Rohan players left in the world. Sad.

It's all yours guys. There are far better games out there to create servers for. Perhaps I will make my own. Who knows - one thing is for for sure you won't know. One thing I do know is that trying to develop on a Rohan server is a joke at the basest level. That is not sorftware development, it is hacking pure and simple. Nothing more.

@Req The relationship I had with you over the last several months as been mostly a positive one. I am sad it had to come to this because I really do have a very strong ethic when it comes to software development. It comes from decades of serving the corporate software world and I can not simply turn a blind eye when I see violations of those ethic happening in front of me by people I had respected. That is just not something I can do.

Good luck with your Career and your "business".

Piece of advice on that business - legitimize it. Otherwise you will find a very difficult time gaining the trust you need to succeed.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/17/2014, 09:21   #132

Dark Rohan being dead isn't Marks fault.
Ishtaria left, i left and the owner just stopped caring about the server. Now he doesn't even answer on Skype.

Rohan Development was just a thing i did for fun and because it somehow posed a challenge at some point.
I never took it seriously, that's why i never wanted to get to the next level.

If you have a strong ethic about software development, i have a strong ethic when it comes to verbal agreements.
I find verbal agreements to be more viable and they're made between men with character.

I promised Dark that i will help him with his server and when it was all fine many players saw it as the best server out there.
I promised Xiro that i will help him with the server, and 90% of what's there is done by me.
I also promised Xiro that if he does anything shady that affects me i will mess with his server.

Xiro promised that he'll pay and he didn't.
He postponed payments without a real reason.
Compared to other people that i worked with i had the most patience with Xiro.
For the love of ***, even Kryss from Shine had more honor than Xiro.

Oh, and you were the sole developer at Ion ( with my help ) long before we had a dispute about the payment.
I'm not saying it's your fault, i just want people to know the facts.
Old 04/17/2014, 11:54   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
Dark Rohan being dead isn't Marks fault.
Ishtaria left, i left and the owner just stopped caring about the server. Now he doesn't even answer on Skype.

Rohan Development was just a thing i did for fun and because it somehow posed a challenge at some point.
I never took it seriously, that's why i never wanted to get to the next level.

If you have a strong ethic about software development, i have a strong ethic when it comes to verbal agreements.
I find verbal agreements to be more viable and they're made between men with character.

I promised Dark that i will help him with his server and when it was all fine many players saw it as the best server out there.
I promised Xiro that i will help him with the server, and 90% of what's there is done by me.
I also promised Xiro that if he does anything shady that affects me i will mess with his server.

Xiro promised that he'll pay and he didn't.
He postponed payments without a real reason.
Compared to other people that i worked with i had the most patience with Xiro.
For the love of God, even Kryss from Shine had more honor than Xiro.

Oh, and you were the sole developer at Ion ( with my help ) long before we had a dispute about the payment.
I'm not saying it's your fault, i just want people to know the facts.
Not new to me, when we started ion rohan ver 1 and ver 2. the payment wall have like 2.7k$ or more and the paypal have 1.5k or something like that, when we're asking about our payment since the income is good enough. He always said, he's saving the money for he's unborn child?

Since as a human who understand what hes saying, yes that's fine, but considering you have an agreement with the business that we started that's not an excuse, we provide you a service and a server that gives you with average no. of player online 350-500, also we didn't count all the stuff that you sell directly to a person, without donating.

That's why when we're checking the database item logs, it was like we can't count who are the players donated and bought the event item.

Well past is past, also he tried to release the files of our server after we left in the dev. team. hiring 2 professional scammer to turn-on the server, in the end they fail, but guess what steal the files from xiro
Old 04/17/2014, 17:08   #134

too much nonsense. just go play renaissance rohan
Old 04/18/2014, 21:19   #135

Lesson learned to never EVER waste real money on a private server.
Thanks
1 User

Tags
advertisement, dedicated, private server, rohan, rohan blood feud