Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 02:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[ Ion Network ] Ion Rohan - OBT | Now Live | Mid/High-Rate | Dedicated

Old   #136

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwoods View Post
Lesson learned to never EVER waste real money on a private server.
+1
Wont be spending anymore money on ION or anything other ps.

Old   #137

That is the thing with private servers folks. They depend on donations to run. While the guys running them get a little satisfaction from providing the game for you to play, they ain't doing it as a charity. They are not particularly interested in paying for the server out of pocket so you can play on it for nothing.

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Private Server or 'free to play' does not mean that server can live on air. Nor will the guy running it be interested in doing it very long if there is no payback happening. Would you run a server when the cost of it (hosting, equipment, bandwidth, personnel) is causing your bank account to hemorrhage money at the rate of hundreds of dollars per week? Would you continue to run it if you were barely breaking even and getting nothing for your time and effort to do so?

I wouldn't.

Old   #138

2 Month's ago i wouldv not agree with Penguin but now i totaly do.People will never have enough even if you do what they say.

(Example if you put some weapons or skill change's on server and they are unbalanced they will say Developers fault they made it and etc)

And more over all the best way is listen all that player's say and do what you think it's best and post them the change's if they like it keep playing if not i invite every hater arround here to make hes own stuff.
Working for free i dont mind dooing something that i like on my free time(No preasure on Developers to finish updates every week when they got it done then it's done since they work only on their free time) but for keeping a server up i totaly support the idea of getting money atleast to pay the program's that server uses.

Spending money on a PS is your own risk. Noone made you donate it's there for your own choice.Im sure there's a way in every single game to get what premium player's have even without giving money arround you just have to play a little longer.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #139

Penguin joe is pure trash. Every single server that accepted this useless ***** in their team was a massive disaster

Old   #140

And yet d1cer10, PenguinJoe is 1000 times the developer you could ever dream of being. Also PenguinJoe no longer has to work a day in his life so he can do this for fun.

Can you say the same? So who's the failure d1cer10? Hope you enjoy bending over, grabbing your ankles while your boss gives you the hose without lube son.

Oh wait. My bad. You don't got a boss do you. You are still living in mommy's basement mooching her internet.
Old   #141

Mark, that's extremely low.

I don't know about d1cer10, but what i can say about you is that you served for a shitload of years.
Do you really think that's a title of honor? You were a little soldier who didn't had the guts to do anything on his own.
The world is built with people like you, but it's not ran by people like you.

Do you know what's more degrading than the fact that all your life your were nothing but a servant?
What you just did. You've succumbed to a level where i can no longer perceive you as a decent human being.

You know, it was fun watching Ion forums and shoutbox, reading how the entire Ion staff was trash talking me.
I wouldn't call that low, it was just some lame propaganda. But i understood it and i accepted it.
Unlike you i think about the consequences of my acts and accept them.

I can go on for hours about your lack of developing skills, your inability to understand basic concepts and, most of all, the below the par quality of work you did on IonRohan.

You know what's even funnier? You were surpassed by a programmer with little to no experience who was doing this just for fun.
Let that sink in for a minute.
Old   #142

You ******* old scrub. You did nothing with your life , i mean you find funny and you like to manage a pserver you pathetic nerd. You dont even know how to party .. I can understand that since you were a freak when you were at my age and now its too late
Old   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
Mark, that's extremely low.

I don't know about d1cer10, but what i can say about you is that you served for a shitload of years.
Do you really think that's a title of honor? You were a little soldier who didn't had the guts to do anything on his own.
The world is built with people like you, but it's not ran by people like you.

Do you know what's more degrading than the fact that all your life your were nothing but a servant?
What you just did. You've succumbed to a level where i can no longer perceive you as a decent human being.

You know, it was fun watching Ion forums and shoutbox, reading how the entire Ion staff was trash talking me.
I wouldn't call that low, it was just some lame propaganda. But i understood it and i accepted it.
Unlike you i think about the consequences of my acts and accept them.

I can go on for hours about your lack of developing skills, your inability to understand basic concepts and, most of all, the below the par quality of work you did on IonRohan.

You know what's even funnier? You were surpassed by a programmer with little to no experience who was doing this just for fun.
Let that sink in for a minute.
Andrei (you insist on using my real name on this board without my permission so you should have no objection to me using yours), are you now going by the handle d1cer10 too? Seems to be I pushed a button or two here with you since you are sticking your nose in.

While I have a lot of respect for your packet filtering and reverse engineering skills, you have a very long way to go before you are competent to provide an evaluation on my software development skills. I mean seriously, I have forgotten more design patterns than you have ever learned in your life. Per has if you keep at your studies, and maybe put your mind into actual software development rather than hacking/cracking other people's code you will actually reach my level someday. Until then your competence to judge me in any way leaves a lot to be desired.

So tell me Andrei, while we all know the consequences of your actions there, what exactly were the consequences of MY actions? The site closing? That was you baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1cer10 View Post
You fucking old scrub. You did nothing with your life , i mean you find funny and you like to manage a pserver you pathetic nerd. You dont even know how to party .. I can understand that since you were a freak when you were at my age and now its too late
Huh? Lol
Old   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
Andrei (you insist on using my real name on this board without my permission so you should have no objection to me using yours), are you now going by the handle d1cer10 too? Seems to be I pushed a button or two here with you since you are sticking your nose in.

While I have a lot of respect for your packet filtering and reverse engineering skills, you have a very long way to go before you are competent to provide an evaluation on my software development skills. I mean seriously, I have forgotten more design patterns than you have ever learned in your life. Per has if you keep at your studies, and maybe put your mind into actual software development rather than hacking/cracking other people's code you will actually reach my level someday. Until then your competence to judge me in any way leaves a lot to be desired.

So tell me Andrei, while we all know the consequences of your actions there, what exactly were the consequences of MY actions? The site closing? That was you baby.
I really don't like people who resort to that kind of arguments, that's all.

The difference between us is that i am good at things that don't have any documentation while you're good at things that have.
Anyway, i just wanted you to see how it feels when someone hits below the belt.

You made a fool out of yourself, that's all.

I could've seen that trash talking coming from anyone around here, even me. But never from you.
Old   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzerachiel View Post
I really don't like people who resort to that kind of arguments, that's all.

The difference between us is that i am good at things that don't have any documentation while you're good at things that have.
Anyway, i just wanted you to see how it feels when someone hits below the belt.

You made a fool out of yourself, that's all.

I could've seen that trash talking coming from anyone around here, even me. But never from you.
Do as I say, not as I do, right? Not sure where you got the idea that I was immune to insults from asshats, but let me assure you that I ain't no saint. I am just as susceptible to to douches slinging trash as anyone else here. If I retaliate in kind, it is not for you to judge.

Thing is d1cer10 did a lot of mouthing off out of ignorance. I simply pointed out to him graphically how ignorant he really is. He knows nothing on earth about me any more than I know about him. Yet he seems to be able to post here as if he does. Just returning kind for kind.

Thing is that if you hit me below the belt, you really should not assume I can't or won't swing back just as low. Remember, I have seen your work as well

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well to be honest Rohan is way a too antiquated and closed server setup for my tastes. I've moved on to more fun things & can't be bothered with having anything further to do with Rohan servers. I doubt I'll be responding to posts in this thread further (the server IS dead after all) so have at me boys!
Old   #146

Cya nerd
Old   #147

**** what has happened since I was away? Of course my absence was going to be very long-term or permanent as I said to those around me at the time. I was going to poke my head in a few weeks ago but then things changed again. It was like I was taking 2 steps forward but 2 steps back.

It's disappointing to see you 2 arguing (Req and Penguin) but at the same time you each have your own "ethics" and ways of doing things so I'm not surprised this happened. I'm not going to say who is right or wrong. What I will say is if someone is deliberately withholding payment for a bespoke service then the owner of that service has the right to close it at any time. Either way it sounds to me that Xiro isn't all he's cracked up to be.

d1cer10 you're out of order. Penguin came into this scene in a development way very late on after being a player for a long time. He's done nothing wrong and isn't responsible for any servers closing. One thing is for sure, he has more morals than all of you put together but unfortunately morals get you nowhere when you're surrounded by corrupt *****. Xor and Underground both closed but was I responsible for their closure in any way shape or form? My leaving would have had a significant factor in DG's closure but it wasn't done by malice and there were enough dev skills left behind to fill any gap that I made. I can't be held responsible for the actions of other people like the server owner.

I knew the total implosion of the scene was going to happen but I didn't expect it so soon. For Ion itself you shouldn't blame Req. He has the number 1 tool for the success of a server and he has the right to impose whatever terms he wants on its use. Xiro decided to ignore those terms while using the antihack tool so Req was perfectly entitled to do what he wanted. Like I said earlier, seems like Xiro wasn't the white knight we were hoping for.

I'm not sure if there's anything left here now. After a lot of personal and family related stuff I may have been available to return in a few months but I doubt there will be anything left by then. It seems like half of the problems have been caused by thieving staff/developers and the other half is by server owners who don't give a **** other than a fast buck.

Whatever happens best wishes to you Req and Penguin, it's been a great pleasure working with you both.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #148

**** Ish! holy **** haven't heard from you for a looong time!

You are right man. Req and I are pretty much polar opposites in our approach to software. You had to know that somewhere down the road we would end up butting heads.

At present I am well out of Rohan private servers. I couldn't be bothered reverse-engineering somebody else black-box server code.

Private servers are not businesses, regardless of the fact that they seem to exist solely to make their owners money. Because of the lack of common controls used in business, they demand integrity between its developers and site owners to ensure the money flows as required. There is **** little of that in the world. Too bad because it is the private server gamers that ultimately pays the price. It is all about the money - not the game.

I am still developing private servers though. Just not Rohan. I work with real, legal ones that are not built on top of stolen server code. Perhaps I will open up a server myself if I figure out how to host it for free. Who knows. But one thing is for sure - I will do it on my own terms and that will not be for money.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #149

new rohan private server. so weak server w/ so weak staff. player overpowering GM. GM's are pet to some players close to them on this server even some decisions comes from these players. am very much thankful if this server will be down.
Old   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMxJhunel View Post

new rohan private server. so weak server w/ so weak staff. player overpowering GM. GM's are pet to some players close to them on this server even some decisions comes from these players. am very much thankful if this server will be down.
So, why you posting this in this thread?

Nobody gives a rat's rear-end about UGRohan here. Go post your spam where it belongs - in their thread (if they ever make one). Until then go gripe on their facebook page.

Thanks
1 User

Tags
advertisement, dedicated, private server, rohan, rohan blood feud