Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rift > Rift Guides & Strategies
You last visited: Today at 04:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Make huge "I Win" macros

Discussion on Make huge "I Win" macros within the Rift Guides & Strategies forum part of the Rift category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Make huge "I Win" macros

I found one big difference in what's allowed to do in a macro in Rift versus WoW.

Say that you want to make this macro on your warrior on WoW:

Code:
/cast Overpower
/cast Rend
The intended effect here is to cast Overpower if it's useable, and otherwise cast Rend.
This however, does not work on WoW.
The macro will always try to cast Overpower, regardless of wether or not is useable.
It will never cast Rend.
Therefore you are forced to have 2 different keybinds for Overpower and Rend.

This is not the case on Rift, however.
What does this mean to us?
It means you can macro tons of abilities into a "I Win" button.

This is a simple version of the dps macro on my Cleric Shaman:
(note: in Rift you do not need a slash in front of the cast command)

Code:
cast Massive Blow
cast Lightning Hammer
cast Crushing Blow
Massive Blow is the hardest hitting ability I have, but it has a 20 sec cooldown.
It's at the top of the macro because I want to use this ability whenever its ready.
Lightning Hammer is slightly better than Crushing Blow, and has a 6 sec cooldown.
Crushing Blow is the lowest hitting ability but has no cooldown.
It's at the bottom of the macro because I only want to use this ability when everything else is on cooldown.

See what I did here?
I put all of my 3 attacks into 1 button and now I can just spam this button to do max dps.
You get the idea.

The full macro I use looks like this

Code:
cast Jolt
cast Fated Blow
cast Massive Blow
cast Lightning Hammer
cast Crushing Blow
Jolt and Fated Blow are instant (no global cooldown) abilities that are useable after I crit or dodge someone.
Because Jolt and Fated Blow have no global cooldown, the macro will cast Massive Blow, Lightning Hammer or Crushing Blow too.
That's why they have to be at the top of the macro.

The beauty of this is that I now have a perfect dps rotation with just 1 button.
It will always cast the best attack to use.

Basicly your macro should look like this:

Code:
no global cooldown abilities
your best attack (with the longest cooldown etc)
your worst attack
I'm sure you guys can come up with even better ways to use macros in Rift.
Enjoy.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 03/09/2011, 14:17   #2

Nice nice I didnt used macros yet but I will create one now
Old 03/13/2011, 14:44   #3

This is the one I use

#show Fervent Strike
/suppressmacrofailures
cast Fated Blow
cast Glory of the Chosen
cast Jolt
cast Combined Effort
cast Eruption of Life
cast Trickster Spirit
cast Bombard
cast Massive Blow
cast Lightning Hammer
cast Fervent Strike

use the /suppressmacrofailures so you don't get the error message about only one ability per macro thing
Old 03/27/2011, 18:07   #4

auf deutsch bitte
Old 03/28/2011, 21:39   #5

Ganz kurz: In einem reinen "cast"-Makro hat der Skill der ganz oben steht die höchste Priorität. Also als Beispiel:

cast Attacke 1 ~ 10 sek cooldown

cast Attacke 2 ~ nur nach Attacke 3 möglich

cast Attacke 3 ~ Standardschlag

Also... wenn du das Makro jetz drückst, dann löst das Spiel Attacke 1 aus. Beim zweiten drücken ist Attacke 1 aber noch auf Cooldown --> das Spiel versucht Attacke 2 zu benutzen, kann aber noch nicht, da Attacke 2 die Ausführung von Attacke 3 benötigt (wie beim Schurken Klingentänzer --> Schneller Schlag benötigt davor Harter Schlag). Also überspringt es Attacke 2 und macht Attacke 3. Beim nächsten drücken ist
Attacke 1 immer noch auf Cooldown, aber Attacke 2 ist nun ausführbar!

Wichtig ist hierbei, dass das Spiel pro drücken aufs Makro nur eine Aktion ausführt. Man muss also immer auf das Makro drücken. Makros sind auch gut für reaktive Schläge (also Angriffe die nur gehen wenn zuvor pariert wurde oder so. In dem Fall einfach ganz nach oben ins Makro und das Makro spammen --> sobald pariert wurde wird die Attacke ausgelöst).

Hoffe das hilft
Old 05/26/2011, 20:53   #6

Kann nur bestätigen das Makros das Leben immens vereinfachen in Rift... und man so auf jeden Fall sehr effizient spielen kann sofern man nicht "der Keybind Mensch" ist. Beschreibung des TE ist soweit gut.
Old 07/15/2011, 08:04   #7

This does not work on the US servers... =\ I can only use one ability per macro... =\
Old 07/15/2011, 15:09   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHJordan View Post
This does not work on the US servers... =\ I can only use one ability per macro... =\
use the /suppressmacrofailures so you don't get the error message about only one ability per macro thing
Old 12/12/2011, 00:50   #9

Great job with the guide the only problem I can see with your macro is that there is a possibility of using your off gcd abilities (Jolt, fated blow) when you are not actually on gcd. I personally don't like 1 button macros that I can just spam, but I would put the off gcd abilities at the end of the macro. This way you don't waste an off gcd skill while you are already off gcd. yes theoretically if you are just spamming the macro it won't matter, but thats assuming you don't have to worry about your target being out of range or other external factors. Anyways put them at the end, this way they will always be used off gcd and you will get the full benefit of them.
Old 01/15/2012, 15:10   #10

- Nice. + points for the guide.