Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to Count Hex

Discussion on How to Count Hex within the RFO Hacks, Bots, Cheats, Exploits & Guides forum part of the RF Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How to Count Hex

A great way to get a little better with Cheat Engine, is to learn a bit how to count in hex. Many things in RF, like equipment levels, show up directly as their hex equivalent... I'll explain later exactly what I mean. This Hex lesson will be in the form of changing a piece of equipment's level requirement. You won't be able to directly equip this weapon unless you hotswap. Anyway, let's get down to business.

Step 1) Open up Cheat Engine (CE), click the top left icon surrounded by a green square, and scroll down until you see RF_Online.bin. Choose that.

Step 2) Change Value Type in the middle drop-down list into Text.

Step 3) Type in Intense Field Lance and click First Scan. If you're like me, you'll get quite a few addresses show up on the left. When typing in "Intense Field Lance", it'll bring up everything include Strong Intense Field Lance etc. So, get started on the left by Right-clicking the address and clicking "Browse this memory region" until you find the memory that looks like this:

Make sure whenever you view a memory region, scroll up a couple rows to make sure that it doesn't say Strong Intense Field Lance etc.

Step 4) The highlighted area on my screen is where the level requirement is for the Intense Field Lance. In-game the requirement for the Field Lance is 45. So, this is how hex works:

You use values 0-9 and A-F. So, if you were counting by ones, you would count like this: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, and at this point, you would carry over to the tens place. So, in hex, instead of counting by tens like we do in real life, we count by 16s. So, if you saw a value of 11 in hex you would count: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, 10, 11 which translates to 17 in real life.

So, the value for the Lance is 2D which stands for 45. If you were to change the value to 2E, the value of the level of the lance would then become 46. If you were to change the value to 2C, the value of the level of the lance would become 44. Hopefully, you get the picture. For a website to help you understand a little more, go here:

Knowing this little bit of info could help you out tremendously in finding the correct area for CE.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/16/2008, 20:23   #2

Gratz man!
this will help many n00bs and leechers become something real without begging for info.

u should post more! your tutorials are very well explained, and simple to understand.

bb
Old 12/16/2008, 20:30   #3

Thanks, man. If you have a good idea on some tutorials I could make, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help out.
Old 12/17/2008, 04:32   #4

Wont it be easy if you just put 00? It will make things easier this way
Old 12/17/2008, 04:43   #5

Yeah, but this was a tut to help teach how to count in hex; not necessarily to teach how to change the level of a piece of equipment. I used that example so people could try it on their own.
Old 12/18/2008, 00:00   #6

this is more than spoonfeed for those who dont know how to count hex.
Old 12/18/2008, 04:37   #7

In my opinion, it's a better way to teach those who aren't familiar with general info of hex. This should be great for those who are new to the whole scene. I'm hoping that others will use this info as a beginning to learning more on their own which should benefit us all in the long run.