Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > RF Online
You last visited: Today at 11:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

RFO CM Version speed "hack"

Discussion on RFO CM Version speed "hack" within the RF Online forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
RFO CM Version speed "hack"

It's amazingly easy to do, and nowadays memory editors like UCE and Cheat Engine make it possible even for people without any knowledge about programing/process hooking/memory editing. You don't even have to bypass the client update or alter game files, just make sure no one notices you outrunning archons. The maximum speed is as fast as a jetpack i think, the server lag-slows you down on a value above 4 or something (That would be like GM Speed, Wind wep and archon speed buff i think, it's pretty fast at least and enough to outrun any mob).

Till like two weeks ago (before i discovered those godsend proggies like UCE and Cheat Engine) i made my own program using a process hook and ReadProcessMemory going thru the whole chunk of the RF_Online.bin process memory to find the changed values, but it works just the same with Cheat Engine. And with a lot less work for that matter.

Now let's get to the fun part, the actual "hack". It's not realy a hack, but people don't know the difference nowadays, anyways.

First step is to get Cheat Engine or whatever other attachable Memory Editor you prefer. Not giving links here, i assume you are able to use google to find Cheat Engine at least.

Second step is hooking the RF_Online.bin process with the memory editor. If you don't know how to do it, rtfm of ur memory editor.

Without any knowledge you would use "Search for unknown initial value", assuming that ur movement speed is some value above zero even without wind wep/ranger armor/any speed buffs, since you move at some speed. Since i did some research already, i can spare you that part and reveal that the value we are looking for is indeed zero without any speed modifier on ur character. So you can look for "Exact Value" and the value is, of course, 0. THIS IS ONLY THE CASE WHEN YOU GOT NO WIND WEP OR SPEED BUFF OR RANGER ARMOR APPLIED. If u can't find the right value whatsoever, start with unknown initial value. Will take a little longer, but you are granted to find it even when u ignore the caps sentence. The Variable type we need to find is a Float btw (note the ranger armor and wind weps say smth like "x.xx increase. 1f movement speed increase". The Description is fcked up obviously, but both the "x.xx" and the f in "1f" indicate that it's gotta be a float or a double. And since the values are pretty low, float is likely the way to go).

Now repeat the following part till you got one single address left. Equip a wind wep and do a next search for "Increased value by...." and the value is 1 or 1.0 (that's the value a wind wep adds). Remove the wep again and search for "Decreased value by..." with the value 1 again. You can do that with ranger armor parts, too, just make sure you search for the correct changed value (i.e. 0.23 for a lvl 30+ ranger armor upper). Move around some and don't change the equipment, search for "Unchanged value" and so on. You should get the point by now (oh noes, i assume common sense). Search around changing the equipment and looking for the correct changed values till you got óne (in the best case) or a small bunch of addresses left. Look for a value between 0 and 3, dependand on what speed moding equip or buffs you have on. That should pretty much be the speed value then.

Now you can save the table, freeze the value to something like 4 and enjoy outrunning jetpacks (didn't try it, but should be possible, since temps can do it). The above procedure should work for all RF versions and private servers, you just can't use the same table on different versions. After a client update, which happens once every blue moon, you probably gotta do the whole thing again, cause the memory allocations changed. This memory patch will work till they change the speed to be a server side value. Enjoy.
Thanks
15 Users
Old 04/01/2008, 21:34   #2

seems to work, can u edit anything else? i see the values change in the stat screen but they dont really seem to change... i.e. getting dodge to say it is 500 or something is easy but i dont really dodge like i have 500 dodge etc... have u managed to get anything else to work?
Old 04/01/2008, 21:58   #3

Pretty sure positioning works the same way, i didn't try that. Teleportation/terrain glitching should, dependand on how much the server actually verifies, work that way. Dodge and Accuracy definetly wont work, i am looking into atk atm and didn't test anything with def yet. But i assume that those wont work either. What i want to try after playing around with Cheat Engine is reading out loaded objects like characters and mobs from memory, prolly to make something like a target nearest/target next/target previous hotkey hook. Before i had the kickass machine i have now, targeting in cw was a pain in the rear end. So that might help a lot of ppl out. Also good for the annoying small scuds in elan
Old 04/02/2008, 00:37   #4

list of things that don't work (settings can change clients output but wont have any effect in testing - i.e. HP limit might say 999999 but it will still only treat u as having ur old HP)

1. HP limit
2. Contribution points
3. block rate
4. Avg def pwr
5. dodge
6. attack speed
7. gen attack
8. XP (couldn't even find it - might be done in some insanely high number however... needs more testing)

this list is basically to stop people from wasting their time trying these things... only thing that actually works is movement speed so far... i will try z-axis soon.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 04/02/2008, 06:19   #5

I can find the addresses for coords, and also for Y axis so u could make a hack through the UCE to go underground or teleport, but i cannot get the values to change, when i change them they just go straight back to their original value any ideas? perhaps it has some pointers or somthing which i cannot find? Any suggestions would be a great help, if i manage to get it to work i'll post a tutorial here.
Old 04/02/2008, 07:36   #6

Question:
Is there any way we could alter the number of CP, Dallant, or whatever mean of money one character could have? I already tried it, find the adresses (yeah - it,s not that hard anyway), but nothing occur, same problem with EbeZander.

Any idea, suggestion?
Old 04/02/2008, 11:56   #7

Money is always server sided
Old 04/02/2008, 19:02   #8

yah you cannot change the gold or currency in the game, you can change it and it will say you have that much but when you go to buy somthing it wont let you. But you can change your name and other peoples names.... its pretty amusing... but of course its client sided so no one else will see it but you.
Old 04/02/2008, 21:01   #9

Received Thanks: 1,091
Well it did not help me 'coz I got a speed hack for myself on russian servers, but I pressed the ''thanks'' button. People don't forget to press the thanks button!!!

PRESS THE ''THANKS'' BUTTON FOR EDTEXODUS FOR THIS USEFUL THREAD
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/03/2008, 02:12   #10

Someone told me that 4 is about the speed you get with wind wep, gm speed and ranger armor, and the speed value works up till around 6-8 without the server laging it out. Since i don't use it myself i didn't notice that. So you can set the value to 6-8 to walk realy fast. On my test run with speed locked at 8 i ran all the way from port to the stone blocks in elan without a stealth pot. Stone blocks oneshot me thou, so i couldn't run further -.-" The speed ignores ensnare and such btw, you go into walk mode, but still run faster than anyone else. Make sure you don't get catched if you intend to use it to gain an advantage over other players.
Old 04/03/2008, 05:06   #11

i dont get it can you add pictures or somthing
Old 04/03/2008, 05:35   #12

What seems to be the problem? When you worked thru the Cheat Engine Tutorial it should be pretty easy to do.
Old 04/03/2008, 05:41   #13

thanx that work on me
with that altough we run or walk the speed is same, i set it to 4
Old 04/03/2008, 05:54   #14

im new here can anyone teach me to speed hack or get cp,money codes
Old 04/03/2008, 07:42   #15

my pc hang on speed 7...dunno...probably cozz of bad connection

>>deathrain1
you can read the speed hack tut at the very begining of this thread...and don't ask about hacking cp or moeny...as it server sided..