Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Suggestion: Call to unite all 7.2 servers!

Discussion on Suggestion: Call to unite all 7.2 servers! within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Suggestion: Call to unite all 7.2 servers!

Rappelz dominationRZ
rappelz azeroth
rappelz agusta
maybe few other i havent headr of yet

why all these similar servers emerging all of sudden, randomly? all the same. all 7.2 with similar rates: exp x1 and drop 1x-5x. this just splits the player base. why not unite under one large 7.2 classic rappelz server. if every server combines its staff and the 100 players, we can get one large server with + 300 players. the x3 larger playerbase will make the server more popular. and enough staff to manage the server easily and better distribution of server costs. pay for hosting one server rather than three. this is just a dream but good to suggest.
Old 05/29/2021, 03:48   #2

I've been around p-servers for a little over a decade now and one thing is consistent with all of them - Individuality. People that created these servers all want to create a unique experience and special content. Real truth is they're all the same. With a few key differences. And in these differences is what they think makes their server unique and one of a kind. Another important issue is differences in opinion. One group from a p-server might have different ideas and opinions than another group in a different p-server. It's a literal merry-go-round effect. Bottom line: You can't make everyone happy and produce content that everyone will accept.

You can never find a solution to fix this. It's just human nature. Ideally yes all P-servers with pretty much having the same content should be combined. But its a pipe dream at best.

My advice would be to just enjoy them while they last. Rappelz has been one of the oldest, forgotten yet still great MMORPGs still kept alive thanks to the people who make these p-servers. My fondest memories were from e4-e7. Lots of people played back then. Parties were actually a thing. Nowadays it's just dualboxing and playing by yourself.

I still check in from time to time just to see how these p-servers are going and in recent times due to covid, it's a good excuse to pass the time when you've got nothing to do at home.

So I'm thankful for all the groups/people who created & donated which have kept these p-servers alive. Otherwise I'd be bored to hell with all this covid BS that's happening around the world.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/29/2021, 08:27   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsv1 View Post
I've been around p-servers for a little over a decade now and one thing is consistent with all of them - Individuality. People that created these servers all want to create a unique experience and special content. Real truth is they're all the same. With a few key differences. And in these differences is what they think makes their server unique and one of a kind. Another important issue is differences in opinion. One group from a p-server might have different ideas and opinions than another group in a different p-server. It's a literal merry-go-round effect. Bottom line: You can't make everyone happy and produce content that everyone will accept.

You can never find a solution to fix this. It's just human nature. Ideally yes all P-servers with pretty much having the same content should be combined. But its a pipe dream at best.

My advice would be to just enjoy them while they last. Rappelz has been one of the oldest, forgotten yet still great MMORPGs still kept alive thanks to the people who make these p-servers. My fondest memories were from e4-e7. Lots of people played back then. Parties were actually a thing. Nowadays it's just dualboxing and playing by yourself.

I still check in from time to time just to see how these p-servers are going and in recent times due to covid, it's a good excuse to pass the time when you've got nothing to do at home.

So I'm thankful for all the groups/people who created & donated which have kept these p-servers alive. Otherwise I'd be bored to hell with all this covid BS that's happening around the world.
Respect!
Old 05/29/2021, 15:50   #4

It would be nice to see an English server pop up and maybe unite all the others like Zesua was. Since there are ether Russian or Arab servers and both will have admins who tend to lean on and help their own people, while english players get shafted ether way. I think the dynamic between the Russian - Arabic - English trifecta would be great and fun but the only difficulty to overcome is the language barrier. As someone who both played on arabic and russian servers i am cut off from 90% of the economy and unable to buy and sell items to the same extend the others are.

The language barrier and also the unwillingness of other server owners to give away their "prestige" of being a server owner or admin are the prime examples of why we cant all unite and have an amazing server that is home to everyone from now until years to come.

The big server owners should have a discussion and if they do love the game they will find common ground and unite for the betterment of the Rappelz community but due to their egos i strongly believe that will never happen, they will rather see their server die a slow death then throw the ring into the fire for the betterment of the whole community.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/30/2021, 01:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdesook View Post
The language barrier and also the unwillingness of other server owners to give away their "prestige" of being a server owner or admin are the prime examples of why we cant all unite and have an amazing server that is home to everyone from now until years to come.

The big server owners should have a discussion and if they do love the game they will find common ground and unite for the betterment of the Rappelz community but due to their egos i strongly believe that will never happen, they will rather see their server die a slow death then throw the ring into the fire for the betterment of the whole community.
I forgot about this too. Also another good example of why multiple p-servers have a hard time uniting under one leadership. I think it can be done. People just need to get over their differences and work together in a multicultural sense. Might prove to be a really great server if done right.
Old 06/01/2021, 01:28   #6

"why dont these admins just use official as a standard to eliminate these differences, which im 100% sure are custom added content/changes. Just copy official 7.2 and leave out every change the each other server did and everything will be fine. announce your server, invite all the players, and launch and we all play happily."

but then we wake up....
Old 06/01/2021, 10:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient2020 View Post
"why dont these admins just use official as a standard to eliminate these differences, which im 100% sure are custom added content/changes. Just copy official 7.2 and leave out every change the each other server did and everything will be fine. announce your server, invite all the players, and launch and we all play happily."

but then we wake up....
the server died not because of it turning a little path away from official drop rates but because staff itself on servers like domination were implementing changes without informing players. alot of people gave up because of that.
i quit domi myself. i played on beta, also before wipe was like lvl 133 but was too lazy to complete witch/VI quest line for ice maiden and didnt reach r7. postwipe i got to almost r6 but quit after they added GP boxes to cash shop and adjusted prices on tpros along side of gp box price increase also. then i quit.
keeping the official standarts will lead nowhere on games like rappelz because player base is relatively small, just look at world of warcraft private server communities itsef-we have less people so the idea keeping original rates is a mistake.

bring these days back :sob:
rappelz became a place for wimps!!! they cry for pk too much XD! but old school was always meant for boss steals!!! up to until 7.3
let us have fun like old days-screw those crybabies btching about pk in dungeons/farmspots it's part of the game!!

if you can't survive a little pk obstacle to level-you're out of the league
pk is part of the game!!!
Old 06/03/2021, 22:33   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanYanRou View Post
the server died not because of it turning a little path away from official drop rates but because staff itself on servers like domination were implementing changes without informing players. alot of people gave up because of that.
i quit domi myself. i played on beta, also before wipe was like lvl 133 but was too lazy to complete witch/VI quest line for ice maiden and didnt reach r7. postwipe i got to almost r6 but quit after they added GP boxes to cash shop and adjusted prices on tpros along side of gp box price increase also. then i quit.
keeping the official standarts will lead nowhere on games like rappelz because player base is relatively small, just look at world of warcraft private server communities itsef-we have less people so the idea keeping original rates is a mistake.
i dont think keeping original rates is the mistake. its the best thing. the mistakes i think are these:
-not sticking to their original idea they announced in the beginning on open rz.
-changing the features of the game away from original
-not advertising the server
-focusing alot on custom things while ignoring bugs/issues with the original game
-many private servers opening with the same epic and same features? almost 3 other 7.2 servers exist now! why not unite??!
-its the player's problem that they dislike the low rates meaning they dislike the game, because, thats how the game was

also, world of warcraft private servers have thousand times more players than rappelz. im following a wow vanilla private server now thats planning on releasing june/july and it has hundreds or players waiting. there is no comparison between both games
Old 06/03/2021, 23:21   #9

Quote:
i dont think keeping original rates is the mistake. its the best thing. the mistakes i think are these:
-not sticking to their original idea they announced in the beginning on open rz.
-focusing alot on custom things while ignoring bugs/issues with the original game
-many private servers opening with the same epic and same features? almost 3 other 7.2 servers exist now! why not unite??!
-its the player's problem that they dislike the low rates meaning they dislike the game, because, thats how the game was

also, world of warcraft private servers have thousand times more players than rappelz. im following a wow vanilla private server now thats planning on releasing june/july and it has hundreds or players waiting. there is no comparison between both games
server drop rate is increased because of lack of players into them. keeping x1 is irrelevant if theres no 300-400concurring players everytime online. and x2/x3 drop rate is relatively low. oh by the way. i am already rank 5 on agustas server
and guess what-i wasnt spoonfeeded by giving easy levels and dp's i actuallyt participated taking my own part in getting to rank 5 within one evening since the server opening.
and ny the time i did HC CV i got almost to lvl 86 without doing witch quest in just running HM CV normally with 6-8 people party avoiding any contacts with other 3-4 HC dp's in the same dungeon.
Old 06/05/2021, 12:17   #10

Quote:

don't forget that resources in servers as agustas are limited-the more players are online, the harder it is get the hands on proper gear, because of many high level players and bosses spawning every 40mins-1hour. i can already imagine you searching for a spot to level once you get to rank 7 and going to do TOA to get the actual d3 gears you need, not random duras you'd end up wasting months if not weeks if ur not capable come to dungeon in time to take the boss before other people did XD!
the best thing with rappelz in epics 7.3/7.2 and earlier that normally arent custom farm zones and instance dungeons. so resources are fully limited to the point of reaching higher levels, getting proper gear. and this is why players who are used to play epic 9 etc arent competent enough to survive such servers-theyre too addicted in playing on their own instead of choosing people to help and building a strong backup in community to not become outcasts. in example: worrying about only your friends but not helping guildmates will leave you exiled from the guild one day or another after they get sick of your "doing my own thing but not giving anything to the people who are counting on you".
only very small group of players in e9's can survive the relentless competition on old school servers.
Old 06/06/2021, 00:57   #11

Quote:
Rappelz dominationRZ
rappelz azeroth
rappelz agusta
maybe few other i havent headr of yet

why all these similar servers emerging all of sudden, randomly? all the same. all 7.2 with similar rates: exp x1 and drop 1x-5x. this just splits the player base. why not unite under one large 7.2 classic rappelz server. if every server combines its staff and the 100 players, we can get one large server with + 300 players. the x3 larger playerbase will make the server more popular. and enough staff to manage the server easily and better distribution of server costs. pay for hosting one server rather than three. this is just a dream but good to suggest.
Azeroth don't care about ppl, they care only about money and disrespects other ppl. I got a ban there for nothing, after gaving them some advices and helping hand.
Old 06/06/2021, 16:11   #12

server is pay to win, infact. there are mask giving 15% all stats, i doubt its an event one. because these kind of stats on low rate server explains where exactly things came from.
Old 06/09/2021, 03:40   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro1029 View Post
Azeroth don't care about ppl, they care only about money and disrespects other ppl. I got a ban there for nothing, after gaving them some advices and helping hand.
their german/eng mod is complete idiot. i recorded him during his freely accepted fight also another player-xypsilon(an idiot lvl165 assasin with op 165lvl gears that makes damage completely broken) and for campin them i was called out gay etc. both of them were outrageous for how ive made them look on my obs captured movies
Old 10/25/2021, 20:53   #14

any collaboration soon?
Old 05/01/2022, 14:56   #15

Still new 7.2 servers with the same messed up rates and custom nonsense keep opening up, further splitting the currently low player base.

Diamond
Vortex
Vanilla (but it isn't really)
Beastiary
Ifrit
Closed Thread