Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Rappelz 5.2 How populated would it be ?

Discussion on Rappelz 5.2 How populated would it be ? within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 27
Rappelz 5.2 How populated would it be ?

Hello Rappelz Fans,

I am thinking of putting it Online and enjoy playing like the old days
It would be 5.2 server on a 9.x Engine

Server Rates:
- Exp x1
- Drop x1
- Gold x1

- no Dura items
- no Server Buffs ( may just give move speed ) ?
- no Custom items
- no Cash Shop
- Dungeon Teleporter yes / no ?

But how many of you would like a 5.2 server ?

Please leave your comment what you would think of 5.2 server.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/20/2021, 16:32   #2

elite*gold: 0
I would be in for sure.

You just need to add some drop boxes which give random stuff like Pots or very small buffs and maybe other items which are not breaking the game.
Also i think it is necessary to farm normal mobs and maybe do some questing before you can even kill dungeon mobs.

I think there are many ppl who would play it.
Just a simple Server without broken buffs/items/rates etc...
Old 01/20/2021, 16:39   #3

i'd definitely give a shot testing it. idk for how long since i play final fantasy XIV with few friends and mods from servers like arcane/daion...
how ever, i kinda miss old choose servers and the times from newer epics such as 7.4-8.1 back when EOS, or a shadow server(with no soul pets and 180lvl stones was kicking or serenity rappelz) and npc'ed d3 mc gears for easy starters and pk fests all over the field and veiled island. so the second high-er rated server would be good to change the routinous grinding jumping straightly into pk action all over the open world or some arena matches.
But don't forget that an old school player's community is pretty distinct these days, servers hardly has over 200-300 or even a hundred of players kicking around. except space that's quite active. and thanks to multi language supported clients bringing arabic, russian and turkish communities with english speaking players in one place. unfortunately it's a last generation epic's based server.
ROS for example has 20 to 50 servers online, the server has some pk but it's mostly evoidable.. all the community is refered to hardcore pve.
Goodluck in starting the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman1 View Post
I would be in for sure.

You just need to add some drop boxes which give random stuff like Pots or very small buffs and maybe other items which are not breaking the game.
Also i think it is necessary to farm normal mobs and maybe do some questing before you can even kill dungeon mobs.

I think there are many ppl who would play it.
Just a simple Server without broken buffs/items/rates etc...
i doubt there would be many people playing it but surely it'd have people with nostalgia. most of the players are basicly in need of unlimited resources of testing things, for some 7.4 servers with high end permanent buffs and no slaves required, cheap gmfbs/fairylocks, easily receiving gears decos on npc, no cash shop would be the best bet. pvp is part of the game how ever the pvp is almost meaningless and low skill taking aspect in rappelz, but still part of the game regarding it's an instant kill or not. main reason why the servers like eos/darknessfight and serenity had many players was not the content only and easy start but that it had action in field also pve farm for leveling pets/cash ending up in pk action all over the veiled island.
if he is lucky he might have about 100 players online, but thats just a fluke passing over 40 players range that's usual for a current day low rate servers.
Old 01/21/2021, 18:40   #4

good idea. waiting for the start
Old 01/22/2021, 17:35   #5

Would love to see a server like this !!!
Old 01/22/2021, 19:22   #6

Could be good, im in
Old 01/22/2021, 20:04   #7

well for testing purposes you can add buff npcs or whatever and add items for cheap like pet cards, buff cards, cubes, neklace enhancement, etc. bascially cash shop stuff.

as for real game service - permanent raindrop event or some sort of permanent lootbox event with some cash shop things to give people a reason to farm mobs and such would be nice. Maybe even add low rate buff npcs (lvl 5 cleric, huna, dm buffs or so).

However I don't think a low rate server would work for long nowadays. Sure the first few days maybe fun but without a reasonable population size it is really hard to maintain a grindy game.
Old 01/23/2021, 05:58   #8

im in too
Old 01/24/2021, 17:53   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nintynice View Post
well for testing purposes you can add buff npcs or whatever and add items for cheap like pet cards, buff cards, cubes, neklace enhancement, etc. bascially cash shop stuff.

as for real game service - permanent raindrop event or some sort of permanent lootbox event with some cash shop things to give people a reason to farm mobs and such would be nice. Maybe even add low rate buff npcs (lvl 5 cleric, huna, dm buffs or so).

However I don't think a low rate server would work for long nowadays. Sure the first few days maybe fun but without a reasonable population size it is really hard to maintain a grindy game.
It's 5.2, there are no boss cards, raindrops or anything. It's oldschoold, non dura, hard getting equipment. I hope nothing will be changed, at least one server with hard working to get anything.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/28/2021, 14:18   #10

So any chance you open a 5.2. server soon ? ^^
Old 01/28/2021, 22:52   #11

elite*gold: 6
"Server Rates:
- Exp x1
- Drop x1
- Gold x1"
no thx sorry
Old 01/29/2021, 12:32   #12

I'd give it a try, but x1 everything seems way too low, at least drop rate should be a bit higher or maybe x2 or x3 for equipment/laks at least in order to actually make a little money. Would be great to have petcards dropping like it was back in E5 but i don't think that's possible, ex: bp drops a bp, orc drops orc, angel drops angel, and so on,
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/03/2021, 13:45   #13

I would be happy about a full x1 server
No +20 equip easy
no high level easy
sounds like something challanging
not like any " hardcore " server of however they all call theirself nowadays where u can still reach r7 in 1-3 days.

Probally me and a few other friends of me would join if you actually announce some.
Old 02/03/2021, 17:10   #14

Drop rate should be a bit higher. Getting proper tier 2 pet shouldn't be too difficult tho - it may scare people away. There should be some custom content for r7 players tho like new areas, dungeon, some kind of 160+ gear etc because at some point every1 will get full 150 gear and that's the moment when server starts dying. I agree with mov speed world buff and a buffer with lvl 5 class buffs could be a thing tho - a little help but it wont make buffers useless, increasing max lvl buffs from 10 to 15 could encourage people to play those classes aswell and same for pet classes. There could be pet staging too - there's nothing wrong with it imo - just a slight benefit from pet unity and additional % to stats since belts are 1 slot.
Old 02/05/2021, 20:55   #15

I've been looking for a server like this for a while. We would be at least 10 people playing.
Pls create as soon as possible!!