Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Korean guys are in a big trouble

Discussion on Korean guys are in a big trouble within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Korean guys are in a big trouble

Today , GALA LAB has been hacked

BYE
Thanks
15 Users
Old 11/02/2018, 20:50   #2

I hope there will be more info about this.Are there any new files stolen
Old 11/02/2018, 20:57   #3

elite*gold: 16
thumbs up
Old 11/02/2018, 22:55   #4

revo best team ever xd
:* its funny only the Japanese department realized what's going on and took down their host
Old 11/02/2018, 23:27   #5

elite*gold: 1670
lmao lovely ... that ****** company deserves it
Old 11/03/2018, 05:14   #6

You have no idea how much they've irked me. Big ups on doing that. I near thought they were an evil that would never get punished for their greediness and their equally mental player base. It seems they're fixing it though? People are claiming to be able to log in and such. The discord chat was most enjoyable.
Old 11/03/2018, 14:10   #7

Rappelz started dying since e6.
It has been killed on purpose.

The matter is it has been killed by greedy managers, while developpers who made this nearly-perfect game (e2-e5) didn't probably want to add dura gears, OP MC etc...

Some people still liked e6-e7 but with the high population of the golden age (e3-e5), none was needing dura gears or 6s belt, parties 8/8 at any hour were enough.

If you release the source code of 9.5.2, i think then maybe nearly everyone from rappelz department will lose his job. That's a hard question.
I think to ask them a deal, like to not close any pserver should be nice. Shouldn't work usually, but if you really got source code of everything...
Old 11/03/2018, 17:24   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CE View Post
First of all, I don't think that hacking a company's webservers means people have access to source code. Out of knowledge on how tech companies operate.

Assuming they have access to source codes, it's totally wrong to release it since that could lead to what you said above, which is going to effect real people who have no power over their company's practices, add to that the legal liability of distributing trade secrets at this level, in addition to copyright infringements.
If they have or not source code it dont realy matters.If they have it(i assume they have)99% they wont release it most probly.If they deicide to release anything they might only release 9.5 files.Even if they release source code i think only few people on this forum know how to use it.So it is only up to revo team and people who are involved with them.
Old 11/03/2018, 17:24   #9

Quote:
First of all, I don't think that hacking a company's webservers means people have access to source code. Out of knowledge on how tech companies operate.

Assuming they have access to source codes, it's totally wrong to release it since that could lead to what you said above, which is going to effect real people who have no power over their company's practices, add to that the legal liability of distributing trade secrets at this level, in addition to copyright infringements.
They claim to have the source code of Client/Server/Tools/WebAppz, it can be easily checked by sending to Gala a little part of differents codes. So the negotiations can start. If not, Gala can maybe try to claim they don't have source code.
I think they really have it, but let's wait for more informations.
Old 11/03/2018, 17:30   #10

Received Thanks: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelt View Post
They claim to have the source code of Client/Server/Tools/WebAppz, it can be easily checked by sending to Gala a little part of differents codes. So the negotiations can start. If not, Gala can maybe try to claim they don't have source code.
I think they really have it, but let's wait for more informations.
They have more than you can think of.
Old 11/03/2018, 17:33   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
They have more than you can think of.
From past work from them i do belive they have alot more then they said pubicly.I am already greatfull they released 9.4 honestly.
Old 11/03/2018, 18:04   #12

Quote:

then explain how Revo team keeps releasing files every time gala releases it.
you shouldn't have any doubt since the latest files were released by ghost 9.4

secondly, the gm tool from 2014 has been released & source code by ?? ghost ofc.

so don't claim they don't have source codes because throughout the years they keep releasing a lot of stuff. they created the cash shop & launcher of their own because they are not ready to release gala's.
Old 11/03/2018, 18:47   #13

Quote:
I did not 'claim' anything, rather just explained my opinion. Also, releasing or getting files was never the equivalent of having the source code. These are two different things my fella. Different teams from the days of Age Of Rappelz till now are releasing files regularly, none of them claimed to have the source code of the game.
There was once a thread here of 1 person claiming having 7.4 source code,i think u can find thread here on forum.

Here i even some big developers comment on that thread like ghost and few others
Old 11/03/2018, 19:23   #14

Received Thanks: 3,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by アルカード View Post
There was once a thread here of 1 person claiming having 7.4 source code,i think u can find thread here on forum.

Here i even some big developers comment on that thread like ghost and few others
That guy way legit tho, he had the real source but sadly never released (or sold) it.
Working on the emulator I came across this thread again and was able to confirm it by just looking at the structure & filenames, lol.
I'm still sad that he never released it, that would've been a dream.

It's the same with Flyff, a game made by Gala. The official source code of the game was released a few years ago (v15, think of it of something like Epic 6 or so), which is the latest leak they had, and Revolution, rather especially Ghost, got the v21 source (most recent) of it.
And Flyff (Retail and PServer) is as active as ever, more active than Rappelz has been in the last 10 years.

A different example that I was able to witness when I was mod in the Metin2 section back then:
Metin2 is a game that is (for an unknown reason for me at least) fucking popular in the German community, probably because most of us grew up with it.
All they ever had were server files, but not that long ago the source was released too.
Gameforge is still hosting the game with some kind of success, and the Metin2 PServer community is huuuge (excluding the black market section it is the biggest and most active section in elitepvpers).

I haven't seen the source itself yet, but I've talked to Ghost a lot.
If he says he got the Source then I personally guarantee that he has it, just because he's just that good.
Gala & webzen were desperate, Rappelz is dead and doesn't produce as much money as they hope it would. This caused them to take measurements that made some people (rightfully?) angry, as we can see.
Will it hurt them monetarily? Yes.
Will it hurt Rappelz? No. They gave up on that anyway.
Will it hurt some normal employee in the company? Probably not, because they weren't the cause of anything.

We'll see how it turns out, let's just agree that Team Revolution, and once again especially @ , are true heroes to our community for standing up for the game we all love and enjoy.

But hey, that's just my two cents.
Thanks
6 Users
Old 11/03/2018, 19:34   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
That guy way legit tho, he had the real source but sadly never released (or sold) it.
Working on the emulator I came across this thread again and was able to confirm it by just looking at the structure & filenames, lol.
I'm still sad that he never released it, that would've been a dream.

It's the same with Flyff, a game made by Gala. The official source code of the game was released a few years ago (v15, think of it of something like Epic 6 or so), which is the latest leak they had, and Revolution, rather especially Ghost, got the v21 source (most recent) of it.
And Flyff (Retail and PServer) is as active as ever, more active than Rappelz has been in the last 10 years.

A different example that I was able to witness when I was mod in the Metin2 section back then:
Metin2 is a game that is (for an unknown reason for me at least) fucking popular in the German community, probably because most of us grew up with it.
All they ever had were server files, but not that long ago the source was released too.
Gameforge is still hosting the game with some kind of success, and the Metin2 PServer community is huuuge (excluding the black market section it is the biggest and most active section in elitepvpers).

I haven't seen the source itself yet, but I've talked to Ghost a lot.
If he says he got the Source then I personally guarantee that he has it, just because he's just that good.
Gala & webzen were desperate, Rappelz is dead and doesn't produce as much money as they hope it would. This caused them to take measurements that made some people (rightfully?) angry, as we can see.
Will it hurt them monetarily? Yes.
Will it hurt Rappelz? No. They gave up on that anyway.
Will it hurt some normal employee in the company? Probably not, because they weren't the cause of anything.

We'll see how it turns out, let's just agree that Team Revolution, and once again especially @ , are true heroes to our community for standing up for the game we all love and enjoy.

But hey, that's just my two cents.
I agree with you all on this but i am not experianced in developing honestly i am still a pleb,so i never know if that guy realy had a 7.4 source code or not.Even if ghost or team revo never release a source code i think we already got alot from them with past releases,yea it would be great to have a source code(for myself wont change much coz of my experiance)but i know some experianced rappelz developers here would make alot of good changes to game and maybe bring a bit life to game itself