Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[RELEASE] Portal (Launcher System)

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[RELEASE] Portal (Launcher System)

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Introduction

Portal is a stand-alone Launcher replacement project that I have been working on for a year or better. It started out as a quick launcher project for Team Vendetta until I started a new job and didn't have time to keep working for Vendetta. Instead of scraping the files (which admittedly were very rushed and unstable) I kept coming back to them in my free time and cleaning the code or adjusting snippets and adding small bits of functionality.

Well it has gotten to the point where there really isn't much more I can do to further the program other than a few polishes to statistical features which will come as time permits (as you will be able to simply check the git for future updates)

Features

* Portal Server (The Server that processes Portal Client requests)
* Portal Client (The Launcher which connects to Portal Server)
* Legacy = /Resource/ files
  • Client<>Server Model
  • TCP/IP Communications Based
    • All messages transmitted between Portal Server-Client is encrypted in RC4
    • No sensitive information stored directly inside Portal Client
  • Client Data.XXX Manipulation powered by DataCore v3.0.0.5 [UNRELEASED]
  • All update files are stored server-side (hashed) and zipped and transmitted over TCP to the Portal Client
  • Portal Server is GUI based [for ease of use]
  • Portal Server can edit it's settings on the fly (Except ip/port at this time)
  • Portal Server ability to disable Portal Client Update Processing
  • Portal Server Maintenance Mode toggle. (Disables users from launching Rappelz Client)
  • Paperless versioning (Updates are checked in real-time using SHA512)
  • Portal Server ability to mark legacy updates to be deleted from remote clients (perhaps bad update issued?)
  • Portal Server unique ability to manage updates manually or through the Update Manager menu
  • Portal Client ability to process updates into data.xxx storage or legacy independently or side-by-side
  • Portal Client ability to update itself (version check is done in real-time using SHA512)
  • Portal Client Dual Authentication Modes
    • IMBC Login (ONLY WORKS WITH GLANDU AUTH)
    • Normal Login (login through the client)
  • IMBC extra security/banning layer. FingerPrint identifies calling computer hardware and stores a unique id which can be used in banning (much harder to get around than ip)
  • Portal Client Dual Rappelz Client launch modes (No third party exes needed)
    • Pre 8.1 (no bypass required)
    • 8.1+ (bypassing required)
  • Portal Server unique ability to allow Portal Client to launch more than sframe
  • Portal Client beta re-implementation of the rappelz_v1.opt editor (RappelzConfig.exe)
  • Portal Client ability to run outside of the sframe folder. (I encourage you to not put the Launcher inside the Rappelz Client Folder)
  • Portal Client unique ability to use special toggles (such as always on-top, show fps and close-on-start)

Usage

Server

1. Extract the Portal Server folder to your server machine
2. Open portal.opt with your favorite ide
3. Change IP to 0.0.0.0 or your External IP
4. Change Port to whatever you like
4.1 (MAKE SURE TO OPEN THIS PORT)
5. Save and close ide
6. Execute server.exe
7. Client Updates > View or just "View All" under the updates statistics, right click and add some updates!

Client (Launcher)

PRECOMPILED EXE ONLY!

1. Extract client folder to main machine (with Rappelz Client) [REQUIRED]
2. Execute Launcher.exe (with the server application running)
3. You will be prompted to the the Rappelz Client directory is incorrect and you need to choose one.
4. At this point edit the ip/port to your remote ip/port of your Portal Server
5. Set a valid Rappelz Client Path (do not worry as when the user starts it will ask them to set their client path but your remote ip/port will remain in their config.opt)
6. Rezip the Portal Client folder and deploy

How does it work?

The Portal server catalogs all updates in the update directory provided (if not provided it will always default to Portal/Updates. When a user starts his Launcher it will request whether updating is disabled or not from the Portal Server. If updating is not disabled the Launcher will ask for the Portal Servers last write time. (the last time the Portal/Updates folder was written to or modified) The Launcher will then compare its last write time for the /Resource/ folder and the data.000 index against the time it has received for the Portal Server.

If one or both of these times are different it will request a data/resource index from the Portal Server, when the Portal Server receives this request it will generate these index in real time based on the files houses in the Portal/Updates folder and whether or not their names are mentioned in the legacy/delete.opt.

Once the Launcher receives these indexes it will loop through them comparing the SHA512 hash of the local/remote files if there is a difference the Launcher will issue a download request to the Portal Server who will zip the file and transmit it (encrypted), once the file is received it will be applied as needed (to data.xxx files or /resource/) and the process will continue on.

Making Changes

This Launcher is fully open-source and maintained by me, I would be more than happy to see you make changes or propose updates/edits to me if you like. You can find the git simply download it as a zip or fork it! If you want to be a contributor you will need to pm me and speak with me about it first!

You will need to download the source to be able to edit the default ip/port the client uses (in Client.OPT.cs -> defaults) or to make changes to the way the Launcher looks!

Recent Changes

Build: 9.24.20.17 (RC2)
  • .sql files for FingerPrint and OTP table added to SQL folder of precompiled binary release
  • .sql files for FingerPrint and OTP table added to SQL folder of repository. (Required for IMBC login)
  • Correction made to handling of isNew during data based update application
  • ProgressBarEX user control added to Client.Controls namespace (sourced from CodeProject)
  • Set Write Time function added to Portal Server (for manually setting the write time of /updates/ folder)

Known Bugs/Issues
  • At this time IMBC login will only work with 9.1+ I will be working with Glandu2 to create an all/epic solution
  • At this time IMBC login requires Glandu2 Auth Emulator to function, no exceptions.

Precompiled Binaries (.exes)

You can find those

Thanks
12 Users
Old   #2

I'm glad to be first to comment, thank you for such great big work!
finally i feel this community is alive again xD

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #3

nice !
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #4

elite*gold: 298
Good job .

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5

how to use it ??
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

seem nice thank you.
Old   #7

It would seem I actually forgot to include two sql tables and some minor info. I will be updating the OP soon to reflect these mistakes. Also, I have made several updates to the server exe and a few to the client exe. During my next push to the git (sometime today) the client exe looks will change as I am actively using this launcher system on a project I am working on.

Also, I have included a set of custom progress bars from CodeProject that allow you to make custom progressbars that will match your design choices.

OP updated
Thanks
1 User
Old   #8

how can i use it ?
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenAfter View Post
how can i use it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWisdom
Usage

Server

1. Extract the Portal Server folder to your server machine
2. Open portal.opt with your favorite ide
3. Change IP to 0.0.0.0 or your External IP
4. Change Port to whatever you like
4.1 (MAKE SURE TO OPEN THIS PORT)
5. Save and close ide
6. Execute server.exe
7. Client Updates > View or just "View All" under the updates statistics, right click and add some updates!

Client (Launcher)

PRECOMPILED EXE ONLY!

1. Extract client folder to main machine (with Rappelz Client) [REQUIRED]
2. Execute Launcher.exe (with the server application running)
3. You will be prompted to the the Rappelz Client directory is incorrect and you need to choose one.
4. At this point edit the ip/port to your remote ip/port of your Portal Server
5. Set a valid Rappelz Client Path (do not worry as when the user starts it will ask them to set their client path but your remote ip/port will remain in their config.opt)
6. Rezip the Portal Client folder and deploy
It's almost as if the original post tells you how to use it.

Thanks
1 User