Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 21:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Humbly requesting a favor..

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Humbly requesting a favor..

Thank you ever so much for taking a moment to read this...

Please allow me to let you know why I am even asking for this favor..

I have spent the last 5 days attempting to install the official US client on my pc.
My pc refuses to download the US official client updates.
It tries....but always fails at 24%.

If there is anyone whom could please upload a fully updated US client. It would mean so much. I have tried everything suggested by the Mods in the official forums....nothing is working. I am desperate guys. Please....if you can help...it would mean so much.

Thank you for at least reading this and either way, please do have a wondrous day today.

Old   #2

elite*gold: 1
On the official forum it was mentioned that you already had one PC that updated but it would not advance past server select.

So you have an up to date version of the client yourself, just copy it from one PC to the other.

I am only mentioning this because it takes me like 5 hours to upload the client every time I do it because it is like 6 gig, then you would still need to take the time to download it.

It would take you far less time to transfer the updated copy to the other PC.

Old   #3

Thank you for replying. The mod there also suggested to copy the files...which...I did. But the client refuses to move past the server selection screen to the character selection screen. The music plays....I can move the launcher screen around on the desktop....but it will not advance. And, when it stops at the screen..I have to clt-alt-del to get out of the client.

Since the EU client works fine, updated and all, is there a way to get that client to connect to the US server? (The US server is where my friends are....where my characters are..I really can't start over on the EU server.....I just...can't.)
Old   #4

So the client does the same thing and does not advance after selecting servers on either computer?

How long have you let it wait on the loading screen?

Have you tried to connect through a public DNS yet?

Old   #5

After a twelve minute wait...I was hoping it would go on through, but no...it refuses to go past. My humble apologizes, I do not know how to set a different dns. I have comcast as my ip ...other than that....the closest wifi is a few blocks away.
I'm just...baffled....the EU client connects fine...while the US client does not.
I can leave the server select up longer.....but...I am pretty sure it won't change..

Thank you Thndr, I do appreciate your advice. I know you are a busy person and get bombarded with a ton of questions.....a lot of which are the same ones over and over...
So...I just wanted to say thank you.
Old   #6

Google...

Connecting to Google DNS or Open DNS

and Google will lead the way.
Old   #7

Googling it now. Bless you for your assistance. I am hoping to not have to format my pc....that would be devastating for me.

I followed the steps as outlined here:
https://developers.google.com/speed/.../using#testing

The dns of ipv4 is changed and ipv6 has been changed...
The US client still refuses to go past server selection screen.
Eu client has no issues connecting. *faceplants.

Huge update....(sort of)...
The US client has fully updated by following Thndrs' suggestion of changing the dns...
it has updated.....on the pc.......now it is just a matter of getting to go past the server selection screen. ...so...it's a positive step.

Update 2:
After 15 minutes, the server selection screen went through !! I do not know why it took so long...but it is working...and now connects normally.
Thank you for the help!

And...since this thread is no longer needed...it can be deleted.
Old   #8

Glad to hear that it is finally working for you.