Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Private rappelz server legal?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Private rappelz server legal?

I would like to understand one thing. I played in several private server rappelz. But I wondered, open a private server rappelz, legal? Or you risk the lawsuit by official rappelz?

Old   #2

It's not legal. Webzen will contact you and "ask" you to take it down before starting legal measures.

Old   #3

So why there are many private servers on? They are all illegals?
Old   #4

elite*gold: 1
Yes they are all illegals. You should read the official live terms of service for more detailed information.

The first thing that they will do is send you an official cease and desist letter with threats of continued legal action if you do not comply.

Private servers are generally run by people who really don't care if they are told to stop. They will stop for a while and comply to the cease and desist, then after a while of inactivity they may even decide to open another server. They may not.

Basically you are assuming a risk of being told to stop. If you dont stop you are assuming a risk of legal action. It is up to you in the long run what you decide to do.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Moreover if its 100% pure free and not official like. They never contact you. As I know the only people who get contacted are people who are making money...

I run a server since 7.2 and I never get contacted... Because it's 100% free and without cashop. But maybe it's just a question of luck but weirly as I said every people who get contacted are making money (excepted Ncarbon but they release a lot of tool so it's understable they wanna shut down their server)
Old   #6

I dont get how Zezua hasnt got reported yet
Old   #7

Because no one has ever got threatened by gala, you really think they would care about 200-300 players servers (that was years ago, so now yep, it's clear)?
Old   #8

Taking a legal action against a server operating on stolen server files which has a peak of 30-40 players would cost tremendously much more than it would actually benefit them.