Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

A special request/open letter to the TSP project that is coming out soon.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A special request/open letter to the TSP project that is coming out soon.

Hey,

Well.. For a Long time I've been waitingo for someone to come up with an epic 6-7 server because, lets face it, it epic 6 was the best epic.
I am not sre if this is just my desire but I think many players would love to have a vanilla experience regarding epic 6.2, low rates and not many custom stuff, so I beg you, PLEASE make a low rate server as well, I will be there, I will call my friends and have a blast.

Hope you consider this topic somehow. Have a nice day and lets wait for TSP .

Old   #2

Received Thanks: 2,411
We are ofc glad to hear your thoughts on this matter and I'll tell you the rates topic is not and never will be a closed discussion. Myself and Marek decided on x15 / x25 as a staple between both worlds. (I myself have always been more low rate, but a lot of players [which will will need to keep server up] like high rate. We may end up going with two servers with exactly the same (or similar content) just different rates

We'd ofc love to discuss this with you and/or anyone else who has concerns. Thank you for voicing your opinion!

-TealSky

Old   #3

Thanks for the reply.

Well, the rates is an importante tópico but, in my opinion its not that big of a deal as the server buffs wich I think the most buffs would be the mostra importante issue in private server, because many times buffs **** up the game (specially for breeders) and if server buffs exist it gets very easy and se lose the need to do partys.

As a suggestion if you really happen to make a low rate server I'd go 5x tops (although for me the ideal would be 2x so people could enjoy every rank of the game) and no server buffs(only possible buffs should be class buffs, Pisces and HV buffs).

Again, I am just giving you my opinion as a Player whor really wants to get that epic back in to his life and love again the awesome experience I had.

Again, hope you considerado this topic, as did before.
Old   #4

0.5 exp with 5x drops would be perfection

Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaobitu2 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Well, the rates is an importante tópico but, in my opinion its not that big of a deal as the server buffs wich I think the most buffs would be the mostra importante issue in private server, because many times buffs **** up the game (specially for breeders) and if server buffs exist it gets very easy and se lose the need to do partys.

As a suggestion if you really happen to make a low rate server I'd go 5x tops (although for me the ideal would be 2x so people could enjoy every rank of the game) and no server buffs(only possible buffs should be class buffs, Pisces and HV buffs).

Again, I am just giving you my opinion as a Player whor really wants to get that epic back in to his life and love again the awesome experience I had.

Again, hope you considerado this topic, as did before.
I agree entirely and am not a huge fan of super buffs. As of this moment (subject to change):

We will likely use a preliminary auto buffer from 0-50 which will give buffs that you a healer,huna,mage would be able to give you at that point (any higher level buffer class could overwrite them) and at level 51 or 2 hours after level 50 they will be taken.

We have a system in place that distributes non-trade SS and Pieces as you level as well. So that if a buffer class isn't readily available you can still farm.

We'd like to hear more from anyone who is considering playing @ TSP. You can feel free to post a comment on our or here in this thread!

- TealSky
Old   #6

Well im considering playing on your server as always , Alister here just i cant write on your facebook page.im not allowed.
Old   #7

Go ahead and try now and nice to see ya Alister.
Old   #8

Drow, loved to see ur reply to my buffs question since I 100% aprove the way you said you'd handle that.

Another thing I wanna know is if I am going to be able to play with the classic pets and not only custom ones are good (like zesua).

I really wnat to be able to have a s5 Siren and say: yeah! I have a good pet, or even a s5 pantera.

Sorry for the mistakes in texts, my primary language isnt english so my cellphone keeps auto correcting me.
Old   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaobitu2 View Post
Drow, loved to see ur reply to my buffs question since I 100% aprove the way you said you'd handle that.

Another thing I wanna know is if I am going to be able to play with the classic pets and not only custom ones are good (like zesua).

I really wnat to be able to have a s5 Siren and say: yeah! I have a good pet, or even a s5 pantera.
You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Anyone reading this thread. I would like your input on the following:

Quote:
I wanna take a vote to decide on this once and for all: Should we keep Masterclass and make it available to users. Yes or No? And why do you feel this way. Do you think we would need to tweak some things or leave it as stock?

Love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #10

A Clone of Rappelz now but with the extra's that help but not OP us would be a godsend i would be on after work everyday with my wife and donation ain't a problem since it's just us!
Old   #11

i would say no MC but have 9.1 skills would be nice like the HW toggle now for agro is nice to have and helpful
Old   #12

I'd say NO Master Class since the Master Class kind of unballenced the game and made many classes useless, sorry for the late reply.

And, WOW, VERY HAPPY to know we are going to be able to play with classic pets as we once did before.
Old   #13

A low rate retro server Epic 5 or 6 would be nice. Where it is even not easy to get a T3 pet. So T2 would be the must used pet tier.
I don't like the ethereal equiptment and with the ancient equipment (with very low drop rates) it would be better.
In my opinion there should be no world buffs or a buffer, except movement speed. For a low number of players a buffer for low class buffs is okay.
I'm also on it to automatically add some random skill cards to the action house which will be refreshed every day. So it would be possible to get some skill cards even with a low amount of players on the server.

Just some ideas...
Thanks
1 User
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackguitar View Post
A low rate retro server Epic 5 or 6 would be nice. Where it is even not easy to get a T3 pet. So T2 would be the must used pet tier.
I don't like the ethereal equiptment and with the ancient equipment (with very low drop rates) it would be better.

In my opinion there should be no world buffs or a buffer, except movement speed. For a low number of players a buffer for low class buffs is okay.
I'm also on it to automatically add some random skill cards to the action house which will be refreshed every day. So it would be possible to get some skill cards even with a low amount of players on the server.

Just some ideas...
I do agree that some difficulty in obtaining higher tier pets needs to be adjusted because it is just plain out too easy and doesn't promote a sense of accomplishment. So expect to see something along these lines.

We will only feature a low level buffer whom will gives buffs you would be able to get via a normal buffer class (priest, huna, mage etc..) but are actually weaker and will be overwritten by any actual buffer class! Plus they are only available up to level 50.

As far as the "old-school" feel: I call the TSP's new direction "7.2 Reimplemented in the 7.3 Engine" So expect an older feel with all the power 7.3 has to offer (for custom quests, instanced dungeons, hair colors and styles, pet staging and creature farm)

I appreciate all of your feedback, you and the responders on facebook have been invaluable in the decision making process regarding Master Class. I will post my decision publicly in a few days!
Old   #15

So, hi, I wanna give you a piece of advice.

I've seen the facebook page and I noticed a lot of people said they wanted masterclass.

An advice you probably already know beeing a developer: what the user wants may not be whats best for them.

Masterclass sounded good to me when it first came in, around 3 years ago (I think). but after a while it sort of ruined the whole experience for me. Specially after the Cube dungeon.

Well the main reason why I wouldn't like to see Master Class in TSP its because of the class balancing problem, I'll explain further a bit.
After Master class came out some classes got really nice boosts, and others, simply did not.
Exemple of classes that had a major problem with the masterclass updates in order: Overlord, Hunas, Oracles and slayers.

Overlords, I could simply say that, other than the perma DS (that other pet classes also got it) nothing changed that would really stand out to make it comparable to the other pet classes that got way greater improvements.

Hunas: the cooldown is a big problem that wasnt fixed with masterclass, the role it could play as an off healer is very unnecessary for the content. I dont think I need to state but 95% of hunas are buffslaves.

Oracle: this class actually has gotten pretty good, but... not needed, really a Cardinal is usually more than enough to heal a party in the most dificult piece of content rappelz has.

Slayers: well, you may disagree with this but, here is the thing, its not that slayers are useless or anything, its just that Slayers have less damage output than Berserker and even less than mercenary (that should be an off tank but basicly has more damage than any other DD melee class)
Compare these two videos and you'll see what I'm talking about when I say slayers were hurt by masterclass:

pay close attention, the slayer has less tanking capability and still deals less damage.

On the other hand, some classes got a HUGE boost to mess it all up, exemples, again, in order: Deadeye, Mercenary, Corruptor, Cardinal.

Have you ever seen deadeye in epic 7.4? they could reach insane amounts of HP while still having crazy damage output, not to mention mov speed reduction passives that work with auto attack stacks, simply insane. Their KS and tanking capacity is so insane they used to tank butkah in partys, and that doesnt make any sense for the role the class should play.

Well... Mercenary should be an off tank buut, instead it became the highest damage melee class off them all, simply insane the amount of damage output they can reach. not to mention it also tanks pretty well.

Corruptor... Well, corruptor became a jack of all trades as in mage, by far better than Void Mage. it has many CC skills combined with great Damage output and impressive dots, and probably the most important fact... M. Atack scales of of wis, making it so that it has great mp rec , M. Acc and M. Ress, making it almost impossible for a good Corruptor to lose against other mage classes.

Cardinal... two letters for you: AB, Artic blast is one VERY powerfull skill that can make soloing bosses a joke, specially the bosses in TOA/TOLS/TOE other than that I'd say the hybrid class got very good in Dealing damage while still providing enough healing to sustain in all of masterclass content, making Oracles useless.

Other than the balance issue (wich is a VERY BIG one) there is the fact that after feral was available to players not only we lost the builds variety but we lost the game challenge, as in the game got simply too much easy what once was a big challenge became a joke.

I could write a text way bigger than that but thats it for now
EDIT: forgot to mention that non pet classes basicly stopped using DD pets because the damage output the pets in them would reach was nothing compared to their own.