Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lua script

Discussion on Lua script within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Lua script

Okay so... I was wondering if it's a possibility to read skill/skill level from lua script of a creature....

for example

if find_skill(creature, skill id) =>10 then Obviously not at all the correct way or even how to do anything creature related in lua but... you catch the drift.

Any help would go highly appreciated.

(not normally one to ask for help... so)
Old 10/16/2014, 20:49   #2

You must've entirely missed Mongrels huuuuge post about all commands and their usages.

Old 10/16/2014, 21:40   #3

Received Thanks: 1,210
@undergroundtaffy i think he read it but there is no information about that. as far as i know this isn't working. but i will check it later.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/16/2014, 22:23   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundtaffy View Post
You must've entirely missed Mongrels huuuuge post about all commands and their usages.

i did check that and tried...
Code:
get_base_skill_level(1002,get_creature_handle(0)get_creature_handle(0)) >10 then
I tried this (or something along these lines, but didn't have much luck )
Old 10/16/2014, 23:45   #5

Received Thanks: 1,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavsta View Post
i did check that and tried...
Code:
get_base_skill_level(1002,get_creature_handle(0)get_creature_handle(0)) >10 then
I tried this (or something along these lines, but didn't have much luck )
The Syntax is the still in and the Charakter Name. You could try it with the creature Name, but i think the Command is only working with characters.
Old 10/17/2014, 10:30   #6

elite*gold: 30
if you did skill learn for creature via script, you may get its skill ID and level only if you have stored it in server memory (GlobalVariables is the best way to store data both in memory and in a database).
but only if your skill learning function does so - stores that data.

i helped one guy with that once - he made random skill learning via npc menu and storing data about skill ID and level for a creature using GlobalVariables

think there is no way to get it directly from a memory.

you may also try to change LUA core to support dynamic libraries and then use mssql libraries for LUA. but again, its not a server memory, database could be updated way after updating creature's skills data in GS memory
Old 10/21/2014, 01:20   #7

Without an external coded tool reading creature skill levels won't work. You can modify some smps and observing the behaviour by an external tool. This tool has to check you telecaster all the time and has to interact with the smps. If you combine lua + smp + external tool you are able to check summon skill levels...

This is how the random skill feature is working on nemesis...(random skills without relog and these things) The biggest thing you will need doing this was released by raskim who leached the learn_creature_skill syntax :P

**** you for releasing that again raskim :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2014, 19:29   #8

elite*gold: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
Without an external coded tool reading creature skill levels won't work. You can modify some smps and observing the behaviour by an external tool. This tool has to check you telecaster all the time and has to interact with the smps. If you combine lua + smp + external tool you are able to check summon skill levels...

This is how the random skill feature is working on nemesis...(random skills without relog and these things) The biggest thing you will need doing this was released by raskim who leached the learn_creature_skill syntax :P

**** you for releasing that again raskim :P
telnet to gs by an external tool? huh!
how could i miss that feature
think i should leech that idea no disrespect
Old 10/22/2014, 16:48   #9

telnet or sendkeys both will work