Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Hello Everyone! Noobie Question

Discussion on Hello Everyone! Noobie Question within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Smile Hello Everyone! Noobie Question

Hello everyone,

First off, this is my first post here! So far I love the activity and wealth of knowledge I see on this forum. So now onto my story, I played Rappelz for much of my teenage years, started as a freshmen in high school and stopped playing around senior year. When I started playing the game it was Rappelz Epic 3 (The best one in my opinion) till Rappelz Epic 5 ( Possibly 6? ). I always imagined how a game like Rappelz worked, and that may be the reason I'm a software developer today. Now, I have only been developing for about four years total and I am mostly a .net developer using C#. One day I was googling Rappelz for old memories and I stumbled open a Rappelz private server! I was amazed, I just had to try it out! I quickly created a new VM and started following the steps and to my surprise it used ms sql server database!?!? I was shocked, as I looked into the tables further I was really shocked. For some reason I had imagined the game running on some proprietary database, not your everyday business database. Anyways I cant seem to understand how the Rappelz private server was created? Was it leaked by Rappelz staff? Or was it somehow reverse engineered? What are the "CaptainHerlockServer" and "PrincessAuroraServer" written in? I'm very curious as to how this came to be! Btw I apploggize if this is the wrong place to put this thread or if there is a thread covering this already, I found a few but not in English. Cheers!
Old 08/22/2014, 18:39   #2

elite*gold: 0
Yes, it runs on MSSQL.

CaptainHerlock is the nickname for the game server exe.

PrincessAurora is the nickname for the Auth server exe.

In the early epics, people hacked the official servers and stole the files needed to run the game, and made tools in order to get the resources from their client files etc. The Sframe was cracked to remove Gameguard, and that's basically how everything started. The official servers have all secured themselves pretty well these days, which is why you see more people make Emulated exe's, and hex editing the current stuff.

As far as what the gameserver and authserver are coded in - (I believe) it is C++. Try checking out the stickied topics if you need help setting up your own server or something.