Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[MEGA-RELEASE]Ultra Hybrid 6.2 Game-Server + Client Creator + iSmokeDrow Farewell

Discussion on [MEGA-RELEASE]Ultra Hybrid 6.2 Game-Server + Client Creator + iSmokeDrow Farewell within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,458
[MEGA-RELEASE]Ultra Hybrid 6.2 Game-Server + Client Creator + iSmokeDrow Farewell

Foreword:

I've staked these halls for too long now, I have met those who are wonderful and deserve all the praise they receive and I've met wolves in sheep skin. There have been ups and there have been downs, but there was always Rappelz and until recently my life allowed me to focus on it, but some drastic things have happened and I must let Rappelz go. I do wanna say to all the haters and all the lovers that I am so glad I got to spend this time with you all learning and growing and just because my journey is over here doesn't mean yours should be!

What is this all about then?

I have decided that I will leave giving you all a helping hand in the only way I know possible! Below this you will find all my secrets and all my resources that I used to make the TSP available. Thanks to a group of wonderful people involved (all who will be named shortly) this mega-release is possible.

Those involved
  • Dustin aka xXExiledXx (Retired)
    [Primary Coder]
  • Dyllan aka TheBrain (Retired)
    [Primary Debugger/Code Decompiler]
  • Marek aka Fyben (Retired)
  • Pyrok (Retired) (thanks for making the 6.2 release available)
  • Strange2010 (thanks for the loot pet advice)
  • Nikster (thanks for the help with reversing the 8.1 pets so long ago)
  • Xijezu/Raskim for releasing solid tools and being good competition
  • All EPVP Users who aren't complete wastes

Included in the Release:

Permission from xXExiledXx to share CCreator

6.2+ Hybrid Client (goes with 6.2+ Repack)[/B][/I][/SIZE]

How to use the Client Creator

How to use Maintenance Script

When the GS launches, type in set game.is_maintenance 1, from this point on all people who log in w/ permission (which in my repack all characters made are perm 20) will be immediately kicked from this server. If used in conjunction with my server_stats script for ASPX you can actually inform your players you are in maintenance mode.

How to use Map Position

In-Game w/ permission 100 type /run map_position()

Other Thoughts:

I may add something in here about Synthesis and the Buff Shrine, but it won't be tonight!
Thanks
42 Users
Old 03/08/2014, 06:03   #2

elite*gold: 182
Before anyone starts flaming yes i did give him permission to release my CCreator program.
Thanks
13 Users
Old 03/08/2014, 15:03   #3

Who thinks this should be stickied? ^^
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/08/2014, 16:13   #4

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
Who thinks this should be stickied? ^^
At least added to the tools collection thread.

This is a great release very useful tools, thanks to everyone involved.

Sorry to see some of the good ones go, but I understand how real life should always take a priority.

Good luck to you.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/08/2014, 16:26   #5

Drow has one more release under his belt before he goes, something I decided to do because I seen someone trying to sell this concept for 15$ a pop:

It will take some time but I am working on him each day when I have time, he will be fully db/telnet capable and will fully open source as per usual.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/08/2014, 16:43   #6

ismokedrow. I want to ask you . can you make the server work with mysQL?
Old 03/08/2014, 16:47   #7

Impossible, but I'mma go a step further and tell you why.

The game-server is quiet literally hard-coded to use MSSQL Syntax and connection methods, so you will never ever ever ever get this GS or any other Rappelz GS to seek information from a MySQL DB, sorry my friend
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/08/2014, 16:49   #8

Looks very nice, I wish I was as good at coding.

If I had stuck with it since my mbasic programing days I probably would be but I chose to be an automation engineer instead.

This has definitely been a great learning experience for me, and I thank those who have actually released source that I can try to learn from.
Old 03/08/2014, 17:03   #9

ismokedrow. I have another question ^_^

Iam beginner .....in c#

and Iam going to discover unity3d >>

so is it easy or so difficult to create system like in rappelz in unity3 by c#??

Iam eagger to know ...
Old 03/08/2014, 17:36   #10

elite*gold: 70
Quote:
Drow has one more release under his belt before he goes, something I decided to do because I seen someone trying to sell this concept for 15$

That's me
and nice Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassuny View Post

Iam beginner .....in c#

so is it easy or so difficult to create system like in rappelz in unity3 by c#??

Iam eagger to know ...
It's more like CryEngine then Unity 3D (CryEngine was used on Aion for example)

Quote:
Unity is based on Mono which provides C# as the scripting language. If you know C# and want to have the absolute power of Visual Studio, Unity will fit the bill. On the other hand, Unity is not free.

CryEngine is the most fascinating of all in terms of graphics and it is bundled with a superb environment editor. On the other hand it is the most expensive of all. Plus it may not be extendable as UDK or Unity, especially if you want to use it in visualization.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/08/2014, 17:37   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassuny View Post

Iam beginner .....in c#

Iam eagger to know ...
for me if you want to start creating games, first you need to learn C/C++ cause more powerful than C# in creating games, after that you don't need to start with a 3D game, just start with 2D games until having great experience in C/C++ you can use engines provided like unity & udk .

I said that because i also wanted to create games with C# but it was hard for a bit then i started to learn C a mounth ago & it was easy a bit.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/08/2014, 18:16   #12

I would agree with Ezio but then again I wont:

There has long since been a huge debate over c++ <> c# when it comes to the gaming aspect and to know which is more applicable in your situation you truly need to understand what their differences are.

C++ literally stands for C + Classes an OOP or Object Oriented Programming language, c# is similar accepting the fact that is it built on a frame-work (.NET) or basically a collection of coding libraries in which ultimately do a lot of the work automatically that c++ does manually.

C++ is great for ASM type applications such as the base software for a 360 or the software of earlier phones or PS2 etc..etc.. it allows absolute control over memory consumption, allocation and access. This is great for Legendary or long-term game developers. (I am neither ha ha)

C# is great for beginners due to it's automated handling of several background processes like garbage collection and memory allocation. Today 360's can run most C# code and several other languages have made it so you can code in c# and convert to cross platform applications such as for Android.

If you were to ask me my personal favorite and which one I will continue coding into the future, I would def respond with c# because as the demand for Framework applications continually rises c++ will eventually fade into the background, no ones arguing that c++ isn't a super powerful complex computer language, but it is going the way of the dinosaurs.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/08/2014, 18:34   #13

Quote:
I would agree with Ezio but then again I wont:

There has long since been a huge debate over c++ <> c# when it comes to the gaming aspect and to know which is more applicable in your situation you truly need to understand what their differences are.

C++ literally stands for C + Classes an OOP or Object Oriented Programming language, c# is similar accepting the fact that is it built on a frame-work (.NET) or basically a collection of coding libraries in which ultimately do a lot of the work automatically that c++ does manually.

C++ is great for ASM type applications such as the base software for a 360 or the software of earlier phones or PS2 etc..etc.. it allows absolute control over memory consumption, allocation and access. This is great for Legendary or long-term game developers. (I am neither ha ha)

C# is great for beginners due to it's automated handling of several background processes like garbage collection and memory allocation. Today 360's can run most C# code and several other languages have made it so you can code in c# and convert to cross platform applications such as for Android.

If you were to ask me my personal favorite and which one I will continue coding into the future, I would def respond with c# because as the demand for Framework applications continually rises c++ will eventually fade into the background, no ones arguing that c++ isn't a super powerful complex computer language, but it is going the way of the dinosaurs.
Well i agree with you that Frame-work is more important now & more efficient, but don't forget that C# is a private language made by Microsoft for it own devices Xbox-Windows-Windows Phone. But if I want to expend my project far beyond Windows users MacOs-Unix/Lunix i would choose C/C++, not to forget that Unix/Lunix platform is coming soon (Steam Machines), and as known that millions have steam accounts & they would buy prefer buying a 600$ Steam Machine that a PC, not forget to mention that Developers will also start releasing Unix/Lunix games for steam machine.
Well for me i would rather start in the new gaming Era Unix/Lunix games but that would need a deep knowledge & experience (that i don't have at this time )
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/08/2014, 18:35   #14

elite*gold: 182
Here is one last release. Some people may find it interesting. It downloads a list of files from the official patch server and can download the files from the directory aswell. I never could get the file download manager to work properly it freezes after downloading so much.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RRDC.zip (754.4 KB, 199 views)
Thanks
9 Users
Old 03/08/2014, 20:12   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXExiledXx View Post
Here is one last release. Some people may find it interesting. It downloads a list of files from the official patch server and can download the files from the directory aswell. I never could get the file download manager to work properly it freezes after downloading so much.
That doesn't surprise me...

Official servers can not get their download manager to work properly either.

Nice release.