Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

upcoming rappelz reborn 8.2 server

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
As far as I know it's very simple^^ it's the 8.1 SFrame
for now yes but were working on decoding new auth packets for 8.2 auth then appling them to server when thats done then soul tame should work as desired
as far as rates we havent discussed that yet if i had to guess id say somewhere between 50 and x100 but that could be increased at anytime and isnt set in stone we wont go to high or then its no skill required

Old   #17

any time frame when this server will open looking forward to it.

Old   #18

Good luck with your project, got one tip for you ; " SMSG_UPDATESYNC "
Old   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterd View Post
Good luck with your project, got one tip for you ; " SMSG_UPDATESYNC "
Been ages since you were on skype lol.

Old   #20

The new auth system is already know... And I don't see what is new in your screen...

The client (Generate a public an a private RSA key) => Send the public one to the server => The server generate an AES key + IV and he encrypt it whith the public key (RSA) => send the AES +iV crypted to the client.
The client decrypt the key + IV with his private RSA key => He encrypt the password with AES password and send it to the gs...

All is done in OpenSS

BTW good luck you are good guy/girl in the past hope you will done a great job again
Old   #21

Received Thanks: 2,415
I'm just wondering what the new Auth System could possibly have to do with Soul Taming o_O Then again we all know I don't work with anything above 7.3 so it is very possible I am dead wrong, btw -- why would anyone want a newer auth system has anything really changed other than an attempt to switch communication protocol to confound private servers?
Old   #22

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,031
I think figuring out the new auth system has more to do with not mix matching the 8.2 client and 8.1 sframe and 8.1 server files.

Instead using the 8.2 client and sframe.

It would eliminate a lot of bugs that are run into, but then again they will not be 100% eliminated unless there is an 8.2 game server as well.
Old   #23

The 8.2 Auth server has an new way of 'talking' to the sframe as so we speak.
Since they've putton measurements for Anti- Sandbox and etc.

Anyway, i figure there are also new columns as/for attempts bad connected etc.

if you actually did dump the 7.3 sframe's pdb's (internal runs) you'll actually clearly read whats been used and whats not.

never the less (this is for epic 3.) :

everything is there, and you can easly reverse it.

note second picture is my 'custom made' sframe, there may be some things that arent in your sframe.
Old   #24

Received Thanks: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
I'm just wondering what the new Auth System could possibly have to do with Soul Taming o_O Then again we all know I don't work with anything above 7.3 so it is very possible I am dead wrong, btw -- why would anyone want a newer auth system has anything really changed other than an attempt to switch communication protocol to confound private servers?
soultaming doesn't have anything to do with the auth encryption or something like that.
Old   #25

Cool I am Wating This Server UP
But I hope you evade that mistakes in epic 8.2 Same The High Dmg of the new Pets
and the feathers and gmfbs in pvp
and GL
Old   #26

I just tested a sort of adapter to use 8.2 sframe on 8.1 server, but there is more than just auth packets that have changed. My inventory had weird items (with a "iphone" text on their icons ...) and I wasn't able to level up skills. Don't know how many packets must be handled to have a working 8.2 client on 8.1 server (and this add security problems if the adapter is not aware of "bad" clients)

@misterd: your folder contains only pdb of microsoft dll's, anti-sandboxie, anti-vietual machines and so on is caused by gameguard only. Without gameguard you can launch as many as you want rappelz instances, and even run it on linux using wine. (but this will not work on official servers as they check if the client have gameguard running)

So using 8.2 client require different work (find packet differences instead of fixing game resources). Also the 8.2 client might be less stable than the 8.1 one, considering recent problems on official servers ...
Old   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1ph3r View Post
soultaming doesn't have anything to do with the auth encryption or something like that.
that's correct its just to fix bugs
the soul tame is handled by gs and that will be some time from now unless we inject the gs and make a work around I suppose
Old   #28

so you guys dont have a eta for server
Old   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubink06 View Post
so you guys dont have a eta for server
As a famous Jedi once said "Patience, Young Luke.'
Thanks
1 User
Old   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
No body wants a low-rate? That's only true of young kids who beg for everything, plenty of developers like myself have always been driven by low-rate communities. Why because they aren't full of brain dead beggers. Truth!

If you guys ever need anything let me know and again, good luck with your server and keep that ish low rate -- don't cater to beggars we all know how that ends.
haft agree with you here. only kids want high rate and are one's tend to /beg for stuff and tends draw in the massive non english players lol.

take zesus for instance mostly full of non english players due to high rates few others like it that floped recently were same.

kinda haft admit there really isn't decent server atm all are to high rates/full beggers.