Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Format] NFA NFC NFS QPF (and partially NFW, header NFM)

Discussion on [Format] NFA NFC NFS QPF (and partially NFW, header NFM) within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Format] NFA NFC NFS QPF (and partially NFW, header NFM)

As some post talk about these file but it seems that their format was not posted here (even if it's somewhat easy to figure out their format vs RDB files)

So here there are. Feel free to correct me or add information about missing or incomplete files.

Note that I never drawn their content so I may make mistake about which file has what coords.

NFA files may contain collision bounding box of things, the player can't go through these lines in a normal game play.

NFC files might be worldlocation

NFS files

QPF file contains quest prop (object that trigger something)
Also discovered by iSmokeDrow, I found maybe the end of a record (using sframe data from a old sframe.pdb)

I just read the NFW files but I don't know what mean the data inside.

Other format: NFM, PVS, NFE. I don't know about them and didn't dug into these file so much. But I found some interesting structure in the sframe.pdb, so here they are:

So as I said, I didn't take the time for deep investigation about these file about what they talk about. But I don't think I am so far from the reality. (And some of other devs here know more about these file than me, but didn't released the file format, common guys It's better together : D (no I don't play minecraft)

(edited parts with information about someone else are notified like this: [edit:<pseudonym>])
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/10/2013, 13:28   #2

Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by glandu2 View Post
As some post talk about these file but it seems that their format was not posted here (even if it's somewhat easy to figure out their format vs RDB files)

So here there are. Feel free to correct me or add information about missing or incomplete files.

Note that I never drawn their content so I may make mistake about which file has what coords.

NFA files may contain collision bounding box of things, the player can't go through these lines in a normal game play.

NFC files might be worldlocation

NFS files

QPF file contains quest prop (quest object that trigger something)
Also discovered by iSmokeDrow, I found maybe the end of a record (using sframe data from a old sframe.pdb)

I just read the NFW files but I don't know what mean the data inside.

Other format: NFM, PVS, NFE. I don't know about them and didn't dug into these file so much. But I found some interesting structure in the sframe.pdb, so here they are:

So as I said, I didn't take the time for deep investigation about these file about what they talk about. But I don't think I am so far from the reality. (And some of other devs here know more about these file than me, but didn't released the file format, common guys It's better together : D (no I don't play minecraft)
if there is a real together perhaps but we are on epvpers glandu feel free to share everything but i won't it isn't hard to read these structures^^ Except nfm which is a little bit harder but if you read the captainherlock.h closely it isn't that hard.
Old 08/10/2013, 13:38   #3

Well even obvious things takes time to discover BTRF was much harder to understand and the sframe.pdb & .exe didn't help me much (in fact I just used files). I know that on epvp, there are not so much devs here (active devs at least), but what I would want to see is something like
That's not minecraft that is important here, but the fact that many things of this game are known and written there. I don't plan to make a wiki but hey, post fall far away in the depths of the forum .. (The search function as long as you remember what words where used to describe the thing you want to find)

(and I post that since I had difficulties to find where I saved that information on my disk several years ago ...)
Old 08/10/2013, 13:41   #4

Received Thanks: 2,458
Glandu if I remember correctly the QPF store all FieldProps that can be clicked or interacted with, such as portals or flowers/rocks/mushrooms/treasure chests on the ground.

P.S.

You're right glandu, if the people with the ability to sort out/dissect and/or improve what's going on in the client/server just start sharing their work then not only will all be easy to find, but progress will begin. Massive improvements/developments + hopefully a single place with treasure troves of information will be made (e.g. the wiki)

As far as "losing" things from your hard-drive, just a better reason for us all to upload our work to docs.google.com (he won't lose them)

P.S.S.

Thanks for the help with the QPF viewer again!
Old 08/10/2013, 19:40   #5

Thanks glandu
i got a simple question
since this format is for c++ and im not familiar with this language how could i use it in c# ?
Old 08/10/2013, 20:07   #6

I don't know very well C# but here when I write:
Code:
struct Root {
  int integerField;
  float otherField;
};
I mean that the file contains 2 value, the first is a integer (4 byte) and the second is a float (4 byte).

Root is just the name of the structure and does not appear in the file, as for integerField and otherField.

when a write field like that:
Code:
int anArray[50];
It means that there is 50 int values and I call that array "anArray".
When the type of this array is a structure, that is a array of structure, I write:
Code:
struct Root {
  int numberOfTheStructureField;
  struct TheStructureField {
    int something;
    float otherThing;
  } structureData[numberOfTheStructureField];
}
which mean that in the file, there is an integer numberOfTheStructureField which contain the number of structure TheStructureField (because of [numberOfTheStructureField])
TheStructureField is the type of the structure (like a class) and structureData is the field name.

It's equivalent to:
Code:
struct Root {
  int numberOfTheStructureField;
  TheStructureField structureData[numberOfTheStructureField];
}

struct TheStructureField {
  int something;
  float otherThing;
}
Where the structure content is defined outside the main structure.
A file that use this structure can be:
{4, {1, 4.123}, {2, 3.23}, {5, 42.123}, {123, 4123.1}} (where number without dot are integer and number with a dot are floats, keep only the numbers and you have what you would have in the file)

also:
char aDescriptionText[size];

is just a string of length "size" bytes (not less, not more), in C#, it's something like:
string aDescriptionText;

(if I remember correctly)
Thanks
1 User