Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[COMING SOON!]Phoenix: Reborn

Old   #106

elite*gold: 0
interesting is
1st expected release date was mid january
then i believe it was moved to late january
and i am just now observing how its been moved again to mid february

any comments on that, sir?

Old   #107

Received Thanks: 2,411
Indeed the "Expected Release Date" is my approximation of how long it will take us to complete the tasks we have outlined for ourselves. We have only changed the date to mid February to make sure we have enough time to implement/polish all things needed. Sorry for the inconvience any mis-information has caused.

P.S.

The original date was End of January 2013, so date has only been changed once not twice.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
Updates - Announcements:

First off a special thanks to our in-house programmers and our associate programmers, The Reborn Project is making such great leaps thanks to the dedicated hard work being put forth by these individuals, using a completely new set of tools designed by our in-house and associate developers we hope to bring much more than originally anticipated. So again thanks to these great people (they know who they are)

Now for actual news, Through a collective decision -- we have decided that Reborn is too advanced for the 6.2 GS / 7.1 Client to cope with no matter the extent of modifications included. Thusly the project is being moved to Redemption Andromeda's very own 7.3

Just because the project is being upgraded to 7.3 does not mean the developmental path we have in mind is changing. It only means that we now have a greater degree of opportunity as per what can be achieved.

In other news, we are working on new unique game-mechanics such as true Alchemy. Meaning you will literally collect ingredients via "Collection, Collection Quests and Monster Drops" and these ingredients will be combinable (no rigged npc system) A revamp to cooking is also in the works. So "Cooking Tickets" will probably go in favor of an actual Cooking System -- much like the Alchemy System requiring you to obtain special items (e.g. spatula, skillet, skewer etc..) and special ingredients (raw pantera steak, poultry breast)

As we move forward we choose to focus on more user-friendly distribution methods of content instead of the same old song and dance (cash shops, rigged npc's, npc super shops) This can be see through some of our intent's thus far:

- 8.1 Pets introduced with fully independent Quest Lines (do-able once per toon @ lv 120+) [empties/tames can be traded/sold etc..]
- Serena/Lasiquide now achieved through two options: small drop chance on Obsidikar Field Boss, 100% chance of 1 mount (choice) for completing Hellfire Obsidikar Quest (fight level 200 Fire-Based Obsidikar [Elite Boss])
- Obsidikars Spine now achieved via drop from Obsidikar (lower chance), quest reward (vi questline), Crafting (requires item dropped by Obsi/Hellfire-Obsi [high chance])

And finally as per the topic of a "New" pet, as in from scratch or as in unique skills. Probably won't happen. We do hope to give the 8.1 Pets a better degree of usefulness and hopefully bring back some of the lost valor of older pets. (I'm sure there will be some purely comedic pets released but that's neither here nor there.)

Finally, we aim short of nothing but pure gamer enjoyment with Reborn and as always we're glad you guys are deciding to be a part of the movement.

-iSmokeDrow

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
All of that can be done in less than 1 day....
Thanks
1 User
Old   #109

.. but in this case we're taking measurements that would guarantee us success & we got a life beyond the 4 basement walls that you live in.

Old   #110

Update:

The thread has been quiet a couple days, so i'm here to catch you guys up with whats going on @ Reborn. When we decided to upgrade to the 7.3 Game-Server/DB's that Andromeda used (Stable) we knew we would have to do some tool upgrades. I'm very pleased to say that the tool upgrades are coming to a swift close thanks to our wonderful programmers.

I'd also like to say that thanks to our associate developers for working diligently to create the new Map Viewer (soon to be editor) that will allow us to create even further extensive content for the enjoyment of the players. During our heavy development phase there have been a lot of good idea's for in-game content passed around, we have also had the chance to make new friends.

Right now the Core Development Team are focusing heavily on client sided control, one of our lower priority projects at the moment is cracking the overall setup of Models/Textures (e.g. COB/NX3/DDS) and feel confident that with the some of the bright minds having surfaced recently that even this is not out of our grip.

On behalf of our Web-Engineer's I would also like to say that the website and client-sided graphical over-hauls are being re-planned for the 7.3 upgrade. Otherworld Studios own Co-Founder (+ GFX Artist, Launcher Engineer, Senior Developer) is at the helm of the construction and maintenance of the New UI (Which scheme will span across our Client, Website, Launcher and Forum). Working together myself and Marek plan to release another first for Rappelz, a mock-social website centralized around Rappelz.

Otherworld Studio's would like to thank everyone who is involved or has been involved with Project Phoenix Reborn!

EDIT:

Original Post Updated: <--- Updates also found below --->

Expected Release Date:
Mid February 2013

Technical Info:

ameserver: Epic 7.3 [Otherworld Studios]
Authserver: Epic 7.4 [Pyrok Release]
Client: Epic 7.3 Hybrid "ACCR-B1" [Otherworld Studios]
Character Database: Epic 7.3 [Otherworld Studios]
World Database: 7.3 Hybrid (Contains content from: 7.4(+ v2) and 8.1

Client Features:

Rate Info:

DURA Consumption: .33
PVP DMG: .09
EXP: x2 [+ x1.75 for premiums] (+ x.50 for premium party members)
ITEM: x2 [+ x2 for premiums]
GOLD: x4 [+ x2 for premiums]
LAK: x4 [+ x3 for premiums](+ x1.95 for premium party members)

Features Info:

Old   #111

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
Old   #112

February. ;(
Old   #113

Greatness does not happen overnight and good things come to those who wait ^^
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #114

Argh.......February.........ouch my heart aches......
Old   #115

"[COMING SOON!]Phoenix: Reborn [UPDATED!]" Year 2012...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
Greatness does not happen overnight and good things come to those who wait ^^
Nothing more to say.
Old   #116

You do know 2012 was 18 days ago?
Thanks
1 User
Old   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekrndr View Post
You do know 2012 was 18 days ago?
18 days seems like an eternity to epvpers who do nothing more than complain about products they don't buy or have any hand in.
Thanks
3 Users
Old   #118

Ahaha true.....most just come n complain.....not knowing how hard some dev work on that particular p/server even when its F2P.
Old   #119

Been a long time, primus. Haven't seen you since you GM'ed for us back on Montes.
Old   #120

ahaha been busy with college studies....and part time job.....oh how i missed rappelz.....

my rappelz dream up until now is to be able to play in a p/server closest to the official server where there are daily or weekly events....dungeon parties....hundreds of players...pets used as tanks.....multiple trade spams...hard works to earn even a simple T2 pets.....omg..my heart yearns for that experiences......i cant even immagine how happy i would be with that kind of experience in a p/server.