Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[COMING SOON!]Phoenix: Reborn

Old   #61

elite*gold: 0
Hello Mr Drow

I used to play on your server called "andromeda" I think... I can only say good things about your past project what I remember is a good quality and great community.

sad to know that you wasn't so lucky getting as much players as others and that's sure because of low rates, noobs doesn't want to play low rates and you sure know that any server with lets say 1000 players has 80% noob kids in that.

while your 2X rates idea is even more risky... players like me who loved quality long term gameplay will definitely join

what you should do to succeed is to get and release as much new things to your server as you can

your idea about master classes is very interesting reminds me of "reset" system at "MU online" and that's not a bad thing to copy great ideas

would love to see a private server with things that can't be seen in retail that i think would attract many people

thank you and good luck

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #62

Received Thanks: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progressiv3 View Post
If it's possible, i'd like to know prices of pieces, ss, gp and other cs items.
We are actually planning to make GMFB available via a couple different methods. One of the methods has been discussed in this thread -- By completing quests, Farming Divine Monsters (Blue Pixies, Angels, Unicorns) or killing Dungeon Bosses you can collect "Fairies in a Bottle" 1 each can be blessed by a Fairy God Mother and will be turned into 10 GMFB. (We do think with this idea there would be 1:30-2:00 min cool down on GMFB)

With something like SS they will also be craftable in-game. By Completing Quests, Farming (Field/Elite Field/Dungeon/Hardmode Dungeon) Bosses to collect "Alchemy Tickets" which can be combined with Extreme Powers and Holy Essence (Obtained by completing repeatable quests or farming the same mobs to get Alchemy Tickets)

Pieces (All) will also be craftable in packages, using items that you will also be able to obtain in game
--SNEAK PEAK-- All pieces in Reborn are now PET TARGET-ABLE!

(While some of the item's previously mentioned may or may not have a copy of themselves in vote shop, we have not decided yet) Thank you for the question and I hope you have more in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreminis View Post
Hello Mr Drow

I used to play on your server called "andromeda" I think... I can only say good things about your past project what I remember is a good quality and great community.

sad to know that you wasn't so lucky getting as much players as others and that's sure because of low rates, noobs doesn't want to play low rates and you sure know that any server with lets say 1000 players has 80% noob kids in that.

while your 2X rates idea is even more risky... players like me who loved quality long term gameplay will definitely join

what you should do to succeed is to get and release as much new things to your server as you can

your idea about master classes is very interesting reminds me of "reset" system at "MU online" and that's not a bad thing to copy great ideas

would love to see a private server with things that can't be seen in retail that i think would attract many people

thank you and good luck
Thank you for your compliments and the Hero Trials system is an evolving thing that hopefully we can tweak into perfection. Yes being a low rate server always had it's pitfalls but we enjoyed it. We understand x2 may seem low, but we encourage you to consider the following:

10$ on Retail US gets you next nothing
10$ on PH will get you a copy pair of deco wings or older deco suits

10$ on Reborn will turn your rates from: (for one full month)

EXP: x2 to x3.5
ITEM: x2 to x4
GOLD: x4 to x4
LAK: x4 to x12

Not to mention any of your friends who you decide to party with get:

x.50 to the EXP rate [2 x .50] = x3
x1.95 to the LAK rate [4 x 1.95] = x7.8

Now lets consider it even further by adding SS to your exp rate @ 3.5x2 (100% exp increase over normal rates) now you're exp is x7 put that with a say x2 exp event are you're up to x14. Other rates can be augmented by Growth Potions and Lucky Potions. (Both of which will be available for all levels the whole game but will be harder to obtain than say an "SS")

We love the enthusiasm of everyone over Reborn and assure you all we aim to please the best we can. So please do keep giving us your idea's and telling us what YOU guys want and we'll strive to make a game worth playing.

-Otherworld Studios (Our official team name)

Old   #63

this Xp is so good D=
Old   #64

Final update for today:

Thanks to some helpful hints from C1ph3r and a lot of tasking. We have imported fully the 7.2 dungeon Espoir (The Vault of Lies) we are currently thinking of turning this into an actual Dungeon instead of just a place to do a quest. Tell us your thoughts!

Screenshot:

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Old   #65

would love to have a dungeon party there something new is always nice
Old   #66

As I see, quests will be important here. ( at least, missed that in private servers. ) So maybe the rewards(exp, jp, gen; some items) should be modified too.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #67

how long time that the server opens ? i love server.

Old   #68

The servers expected launch date is the end of January 2013, in other news just because we like to make you guys happy I have went to painful lengths to achieve this for you:

- Developer Note: I'm very happy with this because back in the day thanks to Xijezu's Guild Menu (6.1) we had the menu but never could get the icon working, but thanks to a mix of clever asp recoding, iis support, directory browsing, correct ports and correct gs setup + pyroks 6.2 gs we have working in-game icons both in-menu and out.

Screenshot:

-- Note: Will will be restyling this menu to match our new client theme. Do not think because you see a orange title bar on the info screen that it will stay (just a test folks) the User Interface IS being completely redesigned. (no more halfway 7.3 ui)

Old   #69

Hello again

Just my opinion

Why not to make questing actually worth something? when I say questing I don't talk about Witch quest lines, MC quest lines, I talk about basic quest lines those in katan, hori, laksy and so on. that's what I was pretty much enjoying when started at global back in epic3 times, well others might too
the problem is that the quest rewards (exp, jp) are more or less not worth the fuzz and item rewards are just boring pretty lame and uninspired and that's only talking about global server. when it comes to private servers it becomes even worse because most of the people just choose to grind the way up tu r7 might be different with your 2X server but still...
if basic quest lines could be somehow improved you could make rappelz real rpg game not a grind fest like it is now, that would be something new, and people could have one more option to choose besides grinding and dungeon parting and that way all should become more interesting and attractive

cheers, happy 2013
Old   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreminis
Why not make questing actually worth something? <answer 1>

the problem is that the quest rewards (exp, jp) are more or less not worth the fuzz <answer 2>

item rewards are just boring and pretty lame and uninspired <answer 3>

and people could have one more option to choose besides grinding and dungeon partying <answer 4>

Answer 1:

I love to see this, just to be honest. Questing has long since been just an irritating side-effect of Rappelz. We have seen this as a problem for a long time, thanks to our recent addition to the team xXExiledXx we have been able to blaze through rdb (or client) editors at a much greater pace and degree of flexbility.

Now we finally have the ability to edit quests at will and have basically your exact sentiment on the issue. Many many quest rewards are being upped and altered to offer a greater degree of earn from questing. Not to mention several completely original quests are being added into the game to add a further hint of zest!

Answer 2/3:

The selections were most definitely not thought out well by the creators of the game, we realize scrolls/potions and the occasional SS is not inspiring or encouraging in the slightest. Recently we actually spoke of adding in some new prizes during Hero Trial quests for special weapons/armors -- not to mention all the 8.1 pets will only be obtainable via their relative "Completely NEW" original quests.

Example: The Ancient Black Dragon Mount (current direction)
Around 150 you will be able to take a quest for going after the infamous Obsidikar, this fight will yield a lower chance to get the white dragon/black dragon 8.1 mounts + the quest reward. After the quests completion you will unlock "Return of Obsidikar: Hellfires Flames" where Obsidikar has broken out of hell (now has the skin of the black dragon mount) and you have to take him down (100% chance to select one of the mounts if you can complete the quest -grin-)

So you can see quest rewards including EXP/JP will be much more interesting (possibly featuring new daily quests )

Answer 4:

This is a good thing to bring up and something a lot of newer Rappelz players have forgotten about it. Rappelz did have a point where it was about questing and grinding mix. Then it all just fell into grinding and that's so...boring, if anyone else has any concerns of Reborn please mention them. ^^

I hope I have answered your questions to a degree you find useful.

P.S. This is just a little touch of the work going on, we currently are step-by-step implemented a restyled UI

NOTE: The above theme is not finalized and is still a work in progress, let us know what you think
Old   #71

i rikey, the two top hotbars wont be there when we're goin live

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekrndr View Post
i rikey, the two top hotbars wont be there when we're goin live

them new colors looks really really good
Old   #73

I really look forward to this pserver..
BTW gavsta.. the only reason that YOU server has many players is because DarknessFight has gone offline.
So no need to brag about your player base..
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #74

Yup, I like that colour too, something new in Rappelz should be great <3 and those icons at deco-weapon looks like weapon from Warcraft...
Old   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arathriel View Post
Yup, I like that colour too, something new in Rappelz should be great <3 and those icons at deco-weapon looks like weapon from Warcraft...
Yeah, stole them from WoW and redid some of them not to reflect that they're actually stolen, lol.