Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

building a team for Rising of Rappelz 7.3/7.4 server

Discussion on building a team for Rising of Rappelz 7.3/7.4 server within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
building a team for Rising of Rappelz 7.3/7.4 server

hello, i am darkside, and i will be working on a 7.3/7.4 soon to open server, a low and high rate
our main dedi is amd 8150 fx 8 core processor overclocked to 4.8 ghz, with 2133 8gb quad channel ram.

hit me up on msn if you would like to talk about working together and joining our team. we can discuss our server concept and other things
Old 05/04/2012, 12:50   #2

An overclocked Server. Never heard something that stupid. A Server is a server for being reliable and stable. That doesn't match with an overclocked CPU.

Furthermore: You are hating on other servers and haven't managed to get your "server" live for month (you are beggin in your signature for month now).

I don't see why anyone would help you, as you are just too lazy to set this up yourself and will prolly just wait, till its up and running and kick the dev out.

You have clearly no clue about working on rappelz servers and you don't even have a concept. Why should anyone join on a plain normal e7.3 server when there are already 5-10 of them?

Oh and: Rather then installing a plain useless GPU in your "Server" you should have bought more RAM. 8 GB are not really much for a e7.3 + SQL Server.
Old 05/04/2012, 14:31   #3

the problem here is that is a desktop, not a server. when this mouth-breather figures out there is actually a difference between a desktop, a workstation and a server then he will be in a better place.

but until then i would also suggest, as well as more ram, a raid array for the drives, yes there should be more than one drive in a server.

I recomend actually 3 drives set up in a raid 5 array. but that is a personal preference. other people like four drives set up to stripe and mirror. or a 01 array. your call there.

and dont even get me started on the network infrastructure you should have to support a true server.
Old 05/04/2012, 15:55   #4

some pict from my server

Old 05/04/2012, 16:39   #5

Quote:
Furthermore: You are hating on other servers and haven't managed to get your "server" live for month (you are beggin in your signature for month now).

I don't see why anyone would help you, as you are just too lazy to set this up yourself and will prolly just wait, till its up and running and kick the dev out.

You have clearly no clue about working on rappelz servers and you don't even have a concept. Why should anyone join on a plain normal e7.3 server when there are already 5-10 of them?

Oh and: Rather then installing a plain useless GPU in your "Server" you should have bought more RAM. 8 GB are not really much for a e7.3 + SQL Server.
ive only bashed on darkness fight, and i ACTUALLY played it thats why

i do have a concept, i do know how to work on a server and i already have 3 team members lmao, you know nothing about me, and wish to judge me? this is halarious shows what a piece of **** you are

and you should know the difference between 8gb 1600 mhz, 8gb 2133 mhz quad channel, if your so smart, and you can stablely overclock a amd fx to 4.8.

further more, i just stoped running a wow server on this pc, and a perfect world on this pc, with over 800 users per, prior to this, so unless you know wtf your talking about i recommend not talking

o and begging? no i was offering to let someone use the server for whatever i have 2 of these siting at my house, my gaming pc is same exact build as well just a 7000 series hd radeon
Old 05/04/2012, 18:06   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside4125 View Post
and you should know the difference between 8gb 1600 mhz, 8gb 2133 mhz quad channel, if your so smart, and you can stablely overclock a amd fx to 4.8.
You just showed again, that you have no clue about Mainboard architecture and OS architecture.

For you *slowly*:
Windows Server with a IIS and some other stuff will use approx. 1.5gb or more.
Epic 7.3 Herlock will go up to 4 GB RAM (+4GB paged) with many users. lets do the math with 2 gb.
The DB will use as much as possible (esp. with a non-express version). Just ask xijezu. The DB EASYLY eats 4gb. Even with low populated server the DB uses 2GB.

So: 1,5+2+3 = 6.5GB. On low population with 1 Herlock running. Your RAM can be as fast as you want, but when the RAM is full, Windows is starting to push the **** to the pagefile which will R/W approx. 40mb/s best case (its random, not sequential!), while your db ist accessing the HDD at the same time.
The whole performance of your ub0r OC Bulldozer will be shattered, if your HDD is the bottleneck. Even with a RAID the HDD is the bottleneck. So throw out the complete useless GPU and get RAM. Or create a Hamachi server

Reminder:
Nothing is for free, except dieing. Nobody believed you then, why should we do now?
Old 05/04/2012, 18:11   #7

lol.. once again look at your infractures because all you are is a flaming ******

also thats funny, cause its running on my pc now using only 3 gb of ram with the webserver on it as well
Old 05/04/2012, 18:53   #8

Quote:

i do have a concept, i do know how to work on a server and i already have 3 team members lmao, you know nothing about me, and wish to judge me? this is halarious shows what a piece of **** you are

further more, i just stoped running a wow server on this pc, and a perfect world on this pc, with over 800 users per, prior to this, so unless you know wtf your talking about i recommend not talking

o and begging? no i was offering to let someone use the server for whatever i have 2 of these siting at my house, my gaming pc is same exact build as well just a 7000 series hd radeon
1st Perfect World is linux based
2nd it needs at least 4GB RAM to run the main Map only and (12GB to run all the maps but recommended 32GB )

*I'm Perfect World Developer lol*
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2012, 19:32   #9

Quote:

***** please, read what you wrote!
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/04/2012, 20:10   #10

Quote:
lol.. once again look at your infractures because all you are is a flaming ******

also thats funny, cause its running on my pc now using only 3 gb of ram with the webserver on it as well
Lemme guess: less then 10 players online? Sure you know, the RAM usage of SQL and Rappelz and IIS is increasing with increasing user numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by →Striker← View Post
***** please, read what you wrote!

Forget it. He thinks he is pro, and I'm looking forward to have fun with another fail server
Old 05/04/2012, 20:31   #11

no offence but that is a low entry personal pc speciffication noting in common with a server application or hosting....just a simple cheap pc.
you can run on it a server for ur frend but nothing more.

ps: that bulldozer platform is **** ...cheap but ****
Old 05/04/2012, 20:48   #12

hi im coder my server is rappelz ultimate ( my english bad )

tell me

msn :
Old 05/04/2012, 21:06   #13

Received Thanks: 2,458
First off lets have a little learning lesson:

1) Server loads Database information (Local) - HDD
2) Client Sends Packets to Server (External) - Network, HDD, RAM
3) Server processes packets, arranges response, sends response - Network

Now we can obviously see Graphics Card does not factor into this process at all, with this out of the way lets move on:

- 8 Core Processors are relatively new and with that being said, they are relatively unstable, the motherboards built for these processors are likely buggy as-well. This is probably only compounded by over clocking.

- Add in Operating System Limitation with a dash of Game Server Limitation and you get a big fat "THIS PROCESSOR IS USELESS TO ME!"

- Let's go ahead and address this 1TB 7200 RPM HDD, This is horrible a large hard drive like this should be no less than 10k RPM and ideally would be most efficient at 15k (SSD is not preferred as they are only designed for quick reading and not so fast writing.)

- The only for-see-able advantage to your setup is perhaps your ram, but when you factor in the other issues I've already pointed out your setup is **** near nulled.

- Lets finish this off with network speed, Residential network is absolute suicide for the operation of a production server.

You can see all this as an insult or you can see it for the truth it is but eitherway you need to accept the fact that your rig could play some badass 3D games but it just isn't cut out for server operations.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/04/2012, 22:10   #14

you still haven't even addressed the fact that we are talking about a desktop processor. a desktop board and desktop parts.
1) a server processor from AMD is called an opteron not a bulldozer,

2) server mainboards have from 1-4 processor slots,
also there is ram slots for each processor,
next is the hot-swappable hard drives ,
then multiple network interfaces,
and finally is the redundant power supplies.

most of the time these are packaged in either a blade chassis or in a rack mount chassis. right next to them will be the high density switch and then the enterprise class router.

now the switch and router will typically have one of three names on them and they would be Cisco, HP, or Juniper.
Old 05/05/2012, 07:33   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismokedrow View Post
First off lets have a little learning lesson:

1) Server loads Database information (Local) - HDD
2) Client Sends Packets to Server (External) - Network, HDD, RAM
3) Server processes packets, arranges response, sends response - Network

Now we can obviously see Graphics Card does not factor into this process at all, with this out of the way lets move on:

- 8 Core Processors are relatively new and with that being said, they are relatively unstable, the motherboards built for these processors are likely buggy as-well. This is probably only compounded by over clocking.

- Add in Operating System Limitation with a dash of Game Server Limitation and you get a big fat "THIS PROCESSOR IS USELESS TO ME!"

- Let's go ahead and address this 1TB 7200 RPM HDD, This is horrible a large hard drive like this should be no less than 10k RPM and ideally would be most efficient at 15k (SSD is not preferred as they are only designed for quick reading and not so fast writing.)

- The only for-see-able advantage to your setup is perhaps your ram, but when you factor in the other issues I've already pointed out your setup is **** near nulled.

- Lets finish this off with network speed, Residential network is absolute suicide for the operation of a production server.

You can see all this as an insult or you can see it for the truth it is but eitherway you need to accept the fact that your rig could play some badass 3D games but it just isn't cut out for server operations.
all true, just think it's better use HD SAS, fast and secure.