Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

building a team for Rising of Rappelz 7.3/7.4 server

Old   #16

elite*gold: 0
@Judge12

goooagoogagllee first please even if ur an 12 years kid

opteron is the server side of the AMD whyle BULLDOZER (as they named so few years ago) is the new platform of all cpu chip builds home/server ussage.

power supply have notthing to do with the server infrastructure/performance (interact only if u use a crappy cheap one)
hdd ofc for a application server use multiple fast write/rwrite hdd (reading is used more in hosting servers)
memorys always eccs ones and more means better, depend on the realm
cpus (well) idk about this herlock how manny cores accept coud have problems with quests again/maps etc... but as using an opteron 6200 is ok
motherboard u can start with one that have 1 cpu and extend in time..depends on ur budget...

It doesnt matter wich brand u select amd or intel..the budget is significant, and all is trow away money just for fun. as an comparation with the 1st post specification is like 10-20x more expensive to build an starting server. (what that guy use is an low entry home pc)

so u decide how u wanna spend ur monney

Old   #17

@katalin
I understand almost all of what you said however this fella is calling a pinto a Porsche. I was making the point that no matter how much you polish a **** it's still a ****.

as far as the powersupply. the reason for redundant powersupplys is that a server runs 24/7 if you have one powersupply it will fail, with redundant powersupplys when it does the redundant will kick in, it will throw a message and you can swap them without down time.

Old   #18

@Judge12
agree with you about powersources (redundant).. and i agree with mee when i said ..if dont use crappy cheap ones .
that things been said and after ive been read the 3-4 monhs post of this powny who start the threat i can say this:

First he offered free hosting till a moron was agree do give him files and losed time to install a server there (obvios with 6.2 files wich were free).

Now what he want to do is to get more to work for him and "develop" and in so end pointwill cut the power off and get the files and use at his own ...lol...his 3 years too late for this

+ at his pc specification..i woudnt select as low web hosting server

#close request since the plan is to involve others and steel the work (if anny is that stupid)

Probably what he want to use for server is (as an amd fan )