Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

problem

Discussion on problem within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
problem

I did not understand some of the problems caused.
the Client of rappelz US and PH I can not enter while I log in to client ME
And also the problem of name server in CaptainHerlockServer-Arabe though I have worked him hex to 127.0.0.1

Old 03/28/2012, 13:48   #2

U are Using the newest Files , US Client 7.3 (Updated!!!!) with 7.3 PH Sframe?

and did u try to use the CaptainHerlockServer normal? its 7.3 Game Server Too
Old 03/28/2012, 14:04   #3

you don't have enough ram. and what a dual core. Man I'm thinking you need more hardware firepower. I use a quad core that is three years old and 8 gig ram and it makes my machine grunt a little if i'm trying to run the server and the client at the same time.
It would be nice as a guide only for someone who is working currently on the server files to toss a thread up as far as recomended hardware.
Old 03/28/2012, 14:22   #4

Received Thanks: 2,458
The hardware debate was decided upon a long time ago, from a operational stand point CPU/RAM are not as important as Hard Drive (Read/Write Speed) AND NIC (Network Hardware) The gameserver itself is just a gateway, a port to exchange incoming and outgoing information.

With that in mind I recommend:

Operating System:

Windows Server 2008 R2 (rock solid)

CPU:

High End Dual-Core (2.9GHz + per core)

RAM:

At-Least 4-6GB for routine public use. (Anything lower can cause computer hangs during server crash as the dump process takes a large amount of resources)

HDD:

7200 RPM Hard Drives will work but will not deliver the performance one would expect. My recommendation is anything over 10K RPM and at best a SSD (Solid State Drive)

NIC:

At least 10/100/1000 Ethernet anything lower is a waste of your time.

-- NETWORK:

Even with the above NIC (Stock or otherwise) you will be wasting your time with a standard ISP connection / bandwidth. (Unless you have a very expensive service) Preferred networks would be dedicated backbones (available through more respectable hosts) Or at best a direct Fiber Optics link.

Final Note:

Remember your server can only perform as fast as the server machine attached can process and read/write information to the databases, a good configuration to keep in mind is to have a Machine or 10K+ RPM Hard Drive dedicated solely to the databases as this will reduce conflicting processes and even if a bit strengthen your read/write speed.
Old 03/28/2012, 14:46   #5

you can also improve performance by striping Hd's. I personally don't like the ssd's, becouse of their slow write speed, they have a super fast read speed, but to write to them is much slower, unless you are willing to pay massive cash for the super high end ones, but I believe most of the newer standard sata 2 or 3 drives will do a person better. Even with a backbone, or what people are calling a "root" server, many times now these will actually be a Virtualized machine. Vm's are an awesome way to set up stuff like this because of their flexibility and portability. as far as a Gigabit or 1000 NIC most "root" servers don't even actually utilize them, because of the hardware costs involved, the enterprise level routers and switches that are in the gigabit range are at a starting point 10's of thousands of dollars these expenses are extremely difficult to justify.
Thank you for your input Smoke.
Old 03/28/2012, 15:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneraL_SchnitzeL View Post
U are Using the newest Files , US Client 7.3 (Updated!!!!) with 7.3 PH Sframe?

and did u try to use the CaptainHerlockServer normal? its 7.3 Game Server Too
no im using full client PH or full US i dont use US client with 7.3 PH Sframe

and i try to use the CaptainHerlockServer is normal

i want try to use CaptainHerlockServe-arabe to client ME how it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge12 View Post
you don't have enough ram. and what a dual core. Man I'm thinking you need more hardware firepower. I use a quad core that is three years old and 8 gig ram and it makes my machine grunt a little if i'm trying to run the server and the client at the same time.
It would be nice as a guide only for someone who is working currently on the server files to toss a thread up as far as recomended hardware.
MY PC
RAM/ DDR3 4GIGA
CPU/ COR2DUE 2.6
SYSTEM/ WINDOWS 7 ENTERPRAISE 64BIT
CART G/ 1 GIGA NEVIDIA

tnx for all
the problem (client not updated)

and how fix CaptainHerlockServer-Arabe ? i want to play with arabic client
Old 03/28/2012, 19:32   #7

If you have got a fully updated 7.3 ME client, change the Launcher.bat for accessing the server with the ME client.

Should be looking like this:

Start SFrame.exe /auth_ip:your-IP-here /auth_port:4500 /locale:ASCII or windows-1256 /country:ME /commercial_shop /help_url_w:620 /help_url_h:633 /ghelp_url:"http://%helpLink%" /guild_url:"http://%guildLink%" /web_download:"DownloadLink" /guild_download.url:"upload/client/guild/" /shop.url:"http://%shop_url%" /rend

Just change the green marked stuff to the right, locale:windows-1256 should be ME/arabic. I'm not sure if ASCII would show arabic signs.
Closed Thread