Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[RELEASE] Resource v3 (7.3 resource files)

Old   #91

elite*gold: 0
I Think My take on the whole issue happening here is that everyone is asking for a completed item and at the same time talking about an open community, would there be a way of opening up the vaults and releasing the source? I feel that opening the source would be beneficial to the community in general and foster a better, more concentrated effort. If someone would like to take lead and set up an account on github or some such that would allow for subversioning and quality control and begin to incorporate the best fixes and options into the head end I believe that if it were to be made into a true community project we could all contribute and spend less time worrying about who deserves what for doing what. if there was some documentation and a nice subversioning system set up then the proof would be there for anyone. Or am I alone in thinking this?

Old   #92

Received Thanks: 2,411
We all deserve the same praise no matter it was hardcoded edits or softcoded edits. But some don't believe that and believe that this 'project' should be privatized. The one reason this is never going to work, the people with the ability to hardcode are stuck so far up their own ***** that they will NOT give you anything so stop asking them.

Want an example?

Pyrok, Xijezu

Both have an amazing talent when it comes to hard coding, are they going to give you their knowledge? No. Why? Because you and everyone else here at EPVP is not good enough, they've said it many many many times. Because we are all leechers, noobs, idiots that can't do anything without their explicit guidance and tutelage.

Without the guys who can hardcode, softcoders (people who do lua, sql work) are stuck in the mud because many things like importing new data or creating new data often requires hardcode changes. We can fantasize about an open community, but in the end it's just that a fantasy. Unless the hardcoders change their stance, but that is not going to happen.

Sorry to bust your bubble mate and I hope you have a great day.

Old   #93

What a sad thing. I'm not trying to say that people don't deserve recognition for the things they do. But if they are truly about the project, and not about ego stroking then the health of the project will increase dramatically with the release of the source.

Pyroc has already stated that he is done with it and it dosn't hold any challenge for him anymore, thus it is useless to him.

Please I ask in most humble terms release to us the source so that we could look it over and learn from it. I'm not a C++ coder, but I am a Java coder and the differences are very small. I'm sure that I could learn loads from The source.I'm also sure that everyone else here who is interested could as well. If not the source then could there be a possibility of the release of some documentation of things? possibily a breakdown of the packets and their structure?
Old   #94

For anyone with hardcoding knowledge I hope you get that source. Even if was given to me I couldn't do anything with it :P

Old   #95

I think you'd be supprised at how much you could do, scripting is still programming but a faster version of it.

if the source is set up in a standard fashion then everything should be modularized. That allows a coder to focus on one area instead of having to dive through millions of lines of code.

the code for lua jscript python and others is really not that much different than C++ or Java Cobol, Fortran, Basic, Pascal or any other. the symantics are a bit different, but most of coding is

1 manipulating variables
2 looping
3 branching

if a person can break the problem down to the most simple components then while the solution may be lengthly it is much more attainable. and if it is a modular setup then the different moduals can be assigned to different people to be worked on as a team. Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to minimize others efforts here. Just letting people know that coding dosen't take a genuis, it does however take time, devotion and organization.
and if there is proper inline documentation then the whole process gets even easier. I don't know about anyone else, but if I don't document what i was doing in a certian section then in a week or a month I know i will have forgotten what i was thinking at that time.
Old   #96

Yes I feel similarly about commenting my work. But there is no reason that the rest of us willing to commune can't setup a community project. But again without hardcoders we are still pretty much stuck in the water. I myself am very willing to learn if c++ and c#, you say that it is not far off lua which I tend to think I'm ok with. Shoot me and add on Skype, I'm more than willing to offer up a domain for a public forum if enough people back it.
Old   #97

I'll tell you the same thing I've told the people who have publicly flamed me here then sent PMs asking for help. It isn't going to happen. Unfortunately for most people on here, there's a few vocal idiots who think they are entitled to everyone's work. When I first made the dumper and tools, I said they'd be released after 7.3 was released but that wasn't good enough. I said I'd open up the emu once it was stable, but once again, not good enough.

So a bit of advice to everyone on here, move on. Stop asking for our tools, our source, and our help, and start figuring it out on your own. All the pieces are out there, anyone who has enough skill to do something useful with our source code would be able to put those pieces together and create their own tools. The hard parts have already been for you by us, time for someone else to step up and contribute.
Old   #98

No matter my beef with them or what they've said to me. Pyrok holds some truth, but on the same note Pyrok if you're done with it and it's no longer challenging to you. Why not release your source code so that others can finish the project?
Old   #99

please stay on topic and no bushing around.... no need for other tools...if we need others...ofc they gonna be build.... and as a passive member pyrok.. this is not an topic to argue with ismoke...you can use other 1......
if your not annymore part of it...please dont post at all.....this is valid to you ismoke too....
come with an ideea/solution or better...dont post at all

think before you post
Old   #100

Stop talking and loose your time here drow, learn, work and release ...... if you can do something usefull, and that's unsure ....
You want source ? write them
We have done for pserver more than any other, it's a fact.

So shut up now and work.

If you spent as much time learning code and writing code as you write wall of useless text here, your emu would be already finished.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin21k View Post
please stay on topic and no bushing around.... no need for other tools...if we need others...ofc they gonna be build.... and as a passive member pyrok.. this is not an topic to argue with ismoke...you can use other 1......
if your not annymore part of it...please dont post at all.....this is valid to you ismoke too....
come with an ideea/solution or better...dont post at all

think before you post
And where in my post did you see smoke mentioned? He wasn't one of the people asking me for help. You were. Don't want me to post? Stop bringing me up. I won't respond to posts unless someone is trying to flame me or the information is completely wrong. So I'll make you a deal. Everyone move on, stop bringing me up, and I'll stop posting. Everyone besides smoke should be fine with that. He won't be because if he's not flaming someone then people will quickly realize that he has nothing of value to offer. He's toxic and any community that tolerates him or people like him is bound to fail.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #102

I'll make the same deal, you're team members keep my name out their mouth I will stop responding.
Old   #103

So was wondering this is gonna make part of my game into russian text ?

i downloaded it and yeah everything russian folder names and all and I take it, i have to place the files into '1' folder not split into 20 or whatever there is ?
Old   #104

What the program used
The formula
Old   #105

The main extensions from 7.3/7.4 client files (explained) :

.bmp = bitmap background of rappelz map (parts and regions)
.cfg = configurations of the npc,terrain,watter
.cob = compiler for creature in game (gameware development) (encrypted)
.dds = mesh texture of all ingame creatures,armours (chars,pets,etc)
.dmp = crush dump files
.fx = enviroment effects (objects, glow, sky)
.g2c, .gci = save games from dolphin emulator
.ini = local info
.jpg = pic of all accesories,game cards,buttons...that create the ui
.jtv = company, publisher logo files
.lua = appication customisation
.m4v = 6 videos of the game that includes each race best off anda trial video
.naf = leaving creatures animation (depends on ho manny skills each one has)
.nfa-.nfw= collection of the races, classes,2nd job,3rd job class, probably skills too (ex .nfk=all 3 classes asura,gaia,deva)
.nui = natural user interface (in game interface for contacts)
.nx3 = the jointers to create an 3d body with textures(.dds) (encrypted)
.otf,.ttf = fonts used ingame
.png = sam like .jpg..icons,small pictures,numbers to create the interface more frendly
.pvs = ?? (paralel desktop cfg...maybe part of an remote controll
.qpf = altera quartus II files, or act-3d ...?? used for idk...
.rdb = rappelz data base (encrypted)
.sdb = sprite db (connect to all .tga ingame)
.spr = sort of interconnector between ui,eqipment,skill,events,sprite,logo)
.spt = enviroment graphics (trees,plants,etc)
.tga = buttons,cards immages like jpg,png to create the ui
.tml = templates of the .obj,.nx3,.fx,.jtv,sprites
.txt = info abouth camera possition,enviroment,local info,etc)
.waw = the sfx of the game (creature atacks,magical casts, skills sounds)
.xml = link to the logo,intro, the 6 m4v videos

if im wrong about some extension please give your answer with detailed info

thanks and i hope will help you.

Thanks
3 Users