Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rappelz > Rappelz Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Network]iOn-Net Recruiting Developers

Discussion on [Network]iOn-Net Recruiting Developers within the Rappelz Private Server forum part of the Rappelz category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [Network]iOn-Net Recruiting Developers

On-Net Forum
(Under Construction)

Be Smart use your find function to find information quicker
(CTRL + F)

1. My Introduction
2. Team Recruitment
3. Sponsorship
4. Payment Info
5. Long Term Goals
6. Requirements
7. Sponsorship Gamelist
8. Application Format
9. Dedicated Server Specifications
10. How to contact me

Hello everyone,

I'd like to inform you that this is a long and detailed thread about what I'm looking for, the requirement, etc. If you don't like to read then this sponsorship/team recruitment thread isn't for you.

1.My Introduction
(This is a long introduction, Included is my Private Server Gaming Past and History)

2.Team Recruitment

This Team in short that i am looking for will be one for the long-term. I don't wish to do work with people who just get up and leave without any explanation or people who tell me ahead of time. The team will start off being a medium sized, reason being big teams are hard keep in order amongst themselves and small teams always have issues getting the work done. All in all team recruitment with me will be thoroughly done, I do do background checks on your work just to make sure I'm not working with liars and deceivers. Which is basically a good majority of the Private Server Industry.

3.Sponsorship

This sponsorship is a paying one first off. If you do a important job pertaining to your position you will be paid weekly or every two weeks. I will be contact with all team members via skype or phone call. As its better to talk to a person and get to know them vocally then talking to some random person who hides behind there screen, then disappears when you need them most(Due to past experience). I want mature people on my staff/team if you do not know what your doing that's an instant boot from the team.

4.Payment Info

As i said above your pay will be every week or every other week. Based on position for example, If your a graphic designer you will be paid a set amount after the completion of your work. I take the money that the network makes seriously as it, isnt all mine its the combined earning of all the staff members; Designers and coders alike. If your not mature enough to do your job then ask for payment after doing nothing.. Thats a sure way to lose your position.

5. Long Term Goals

The goals that i have set for my team/future network are the following :
1. To be known as a major Private Network Franchise
2. Have a close nit staff which can turn into a family
3. Have at least 3~4 Games on my network within the next 2-3 years.
4. Bring together a nice/awesome community

6. Requirements

1. Must be a Mature (IMPORTANT)
2. Have skills relating to C++,Java,HTTP,GFX, etc. Based on Position
3. Have a online time of at least : 5~6 hours a day (Varies depending on position)
4. Be able to talk Via Skype, Phone or other method of Voice Chat
5. Have atleast 1~2 years of experience with the game your developing.

7. Sponsorship Game List

*Rappelz

8. Application Format
This Application should be posted here or private messaged to me here on Elitepvpers. All applications will be reviewed in 1~2 business days and you will be replied too via PM or here in this thread.

(Click Spoiler to and copy the application)

9. Dedicated Server Specifications

10. How to Contact me

1. Send me a Friend Request on Skype
2. "Xiroshiro" is the name to search
3. Post your Application with the friend request
IF YOU DO NOT PUT YOUR APPLICATION WITH THE FRIEND REQUEST I WILL NOT ACCEPT YOU.
Old 04/27/2013, 18:19   #2

This is almost exactly the same as
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2013, 19:18   #3

Well I don't have a team... but it might be fun to work on Rappelz again. I have lots of free time after all....

Name: HeavenOnlyWishes (You expect an RL name when we know nothing about you?)
GMT: EST
Known Languages: English
Hobby: Video Games / Software Development
Reason for Applying ?: I love Rappelz... and Developing MMOs
Experience in your Gaming Genre(How long have you played?): Been playing Rappelz since... June of 2010, been an active member of the Dev community here for 1 1/2 years since around Arcadia's time. Mostly server development and lua scripting.
Staff Experience(Since I'm Assuming your a Dev/Owner have you had any past experience in being on ?): I was the VP and co-founder of a gaming network that eventually my idiot ex took pro, then dumped.... Also been assisting various dev groups with their servers, etc
Any other information you want to tell me?: I'm evil....? And I Like Color!
Kind of Work you've done(Pictures If Possible): Ask one of the older members of the forum like Xiji, I'd say ask Wisp or Pyrok but they aren't here, and iSmoke might clown on me.... lol
Your Team members experience(Your Other Dev's,WebCoder,Etc): Again don't have one, but if your team needs a pro-dev then I'd be willing to work with them.
Contact(Place your Email Here): You can message me on here....
Old 04/27/2013, 19:20   #4

Received Thanks: 1,210
8 GB RAM oO very optimistic xD

Ah and please tell us something about this "iOn-Net" if it's an exisiting PServer Network why i didn't find anything about you on google?
I like these guys coming around want to tell everyone that they are the big bosses and we have to fall down on our knees to be a member of their great projects. But if you look closely you will see that there is nothing except big words

Start by telling us something about you. There are some good devs on epvpers but they won't join someone who is perhaps a leecher
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2013, 20:39   #5

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by iOn-Net View Post
iOn-Net is a Private Server Gaming Network looking to expand and become one of the best if not greatest P Server Network out there . Although this takes time which we have and hope too continue our server for years to come.
Yet all they are interested in is Rappelz.

What about the other games and private servers? If you expect to be one of the greatest p-server networks.
Old 04/27/2013, 22:31   #6

Thread has been updated with more information. Please re-read and if anything needs to be fixed, feel free to leave a post/comment on the thread and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!
Old 04/27/2013, 22:41   #7

Received Thanks: 3,458
Quote:
But it was the TOP ranked Rappelz Private Server which was called "Rappelz Serenity."
Since when was Rappelz Serenity a top ranked server?

Quote:
5. Have atleast 2~4 years of experience with the game your developing.
Rappelz PServer aren't that old. ~2 years ago it all started, and most of the people from that time left.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2013, 23:22   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xijezu View Post
Since when was Rappelz Serenity a top ranked server?

Rappelz PServer aren't that old. ~2 years ago it all started, and most of the people from that time left.
Thank you i have fixed the thread.
Old 04/28/2013, 00:06   #9

The last time I saw an op that looked like this, the server lasted a week... The owner closed the server off from all the "staff members" and stole all their work. Not to mention the fact that the op is from a new account. Could just as easily have been the same person or an involved party. Eerie feeling of deja vu...
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2013, 03:32   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChinStrap View Post
The last time I saw an op that looked like this, the server lasted a week... The owner closed the server off from all the "staff members" and stole all their work. Not to mention the fact that the op is from a new account. Could just as easily have been the same person or an involved party. Eerie feeling of deja vu...
Don't compare me to anyone you know, although you haven't said im the person your talking about I don't like allegations being put against me. I can give you proof of who I am if you need. Before this turns into a flame ill ask for you to just post somewhere else if you wish to start a topic about peoples work being stolen instead of on my thread.
Old 04/28/2013, 03:57   #11

I think what Strappy is trying to say is your walking into a minefield. Since it's obvious you didn't do much research into the actual community itself... Allow me to enlighten you as to why you might meet with quite a bit of aggression and "allegations".

This particular community is well known for hackers and leeches. Since back when Xiji and I were server devs, when Arcadia was still around (All hail the gods of the Rappelz community: The Arcadia Team!), till even now when there are really no good private servers up and all of the major developers have left the community.

This is in fact why most of the major devs left. Quite frankly the lack of cooperation throughout the community, the number of those who attempt to leech or steal product made by those of us who are professional developers, and the sheer attitude of most people on this forum, not to mention how many people try and many times succeed in hacking a server, to steal others hard work and call it their own like petty rats, rather than actually learn to do their own stuff and actually compete with the rest of the community, has kind of left a sour taste in both theirs and our proverbial mouths.

Overall, this has been one of the worst private server communities I have ever worked with. And quite frankly you'll be hard pressed not to find people who wont flame you, due to bad experiences with other... so called network hosts or even those who choose to call themselves developers.

And yet I'm still here! Either I'm a gluten for punishment or a glass is full of something kind of guy... lol
Old 04/28/2013, 05:40   #12

Quote:
Don't compare me to anyone you know, although you haven't said im the person your talking about I don't like allegations being put against me. I can give you proof of who I am if you need. Before this turns into a flame ill ask for you to just post somewhere else if you wish to start a topic about peoples work being stolen instead of on my thread.
I don't know you nor am I particularly concerned with what you like, what you can prove, or whether you're offended... I've seen threads like this before and they've all inevitably ended badly. And so I will speak out in the hopes that others don't get suckered into another scheme. As H.O.W. mentioned, this section has been plagued with leech ninjas from the beginning. I haven't made any direct accusations, broken any rules, and I am entitled to my opinion on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenOnlyWishes View Post
I think what Strappy is trying to say...
Strappy... Ha ha ha. Brilliant...
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/28/2013, 08:47   #13

Received Thanks: 1,210
Quote:
Okay first you didn't tell really much about you till now! What are your qualifications? The only thing that I know about you is that you are 19 years old and you was a gm on some PServers...don't get me wrong Xijezu was 17 as he started DF but not everyone is Xijezu and i won't join a 19 year old person which isn't telling something about himself except that he was gm on some non-Rappelz PServers. You are talking about money but only about paying you teammembers. But from where you want to get that money? You are promising things without knowing how much money you will get or saying from where you want to get it! Did you ever was a leader of a team? Do you know how to lead a team?

For serenity perhaps Arthas can proof something of your words because nobody knows if it's a bunch of lies or the truth that you are telling us. BTW Serenity is one of the reasons for your problems at the moment. Go and say thank you to redbreaker.
Sorry if a 19 year old guy is telling me that he was spending thousands of $ or at least 1000$ in a pserver project. I'm a little bit skeptical. I think everyone will understand that

Ah and one more thing. You are talking about 5-6 hours online time a day? Are you fcking kidding??? If your teammembers are working they won't have the time to be online for you for 5-6 hours! ~9.5* hours of work + 6 hours pserver work = 15.5 hours...8.5 hours left a day for sleeping, real life and everything you have to do in your freetime. Thanks for trying to make us to your personal army of zombieslaves. really a very nice and realistic calculation Or do you want to pay them as much money as they will get in a real job?

And by the way where is your concept? Do you want to create a pserver with CS or how do you want to get the money? Highrate and Lowrate or only Highrate or only Lowrate? PVP - NON PVP? Rates? Epic? Where is your concept????
Is this an idea you got while sitting on the toilet or is it a serious project? At the moment it's looking like the first sorry...

Okay finally what do we know/have:

- That there is a guytelling us he is a good guy with a lot of money and want to open a big pserver community.
- There is no dedicated root server at the moment (otherwise he isn't able to change the specifications in one day).
- A guy who wasn't a server admin nor a teamleader before
- You are really new in this community or at least totally unknown

What do we not know/have:

- A webpage that is proving that he has anything
- Any proof that he is able to pay the money he is talking about
- A concept of your PServer Network
- Any information related to his skills as a team leader/Administrator

To tell you the truth. There is nothing really special that is showing us you are a good guy to work for. Perhaps you think that you are able to do that but please show us that you are able to do things you are talking about! Otherwise give us any reason to trust you.

c1ph3r out

*for all those who think WTF 9.5 hours of work. 8 hours work + 30 Minutes Lunch + 1 Hour for way to work and home.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/28/2013, 19:29   #14

i dont really have the experience here to weigh in on how threads like this have gone in the past, but just look at c1ph3r's post. any further designs to recruit at epvp should surely take that post seriously.
Old 04/28/2013, 19:48   #15

c1ph3r < I think he about summed up what the rest of us were thinking.... Couldn't have said it better myself....
Closed Thread