Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Item Drop Logic. Joymax. Sigh.

Discussion on Item Drop Logic. Joymax. Sigh. within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Item Drop Logic. Joymax. Sigh.

So.
People were complaining and getting desperate about items and their respective drop rate.

I just made some neat little functions to my server.
E.g. a custom unique, Lv 30, keeps roaming, alike a unique does every day in and out, usual bawz stuff.
Its only purpose: Devil/Angel material grinding spot.
You might know those 4 materials "Stygian blood", "Bone powder", Unknown root" and "Unknown liquid".

The only issue is: Lower level drop "chances" are equally zero.
Lemme explain this.

Le unique - Lv 30.
Le player - Lv 140.
Obviously - no drop. Die trying, it won't drop anything.

Round 2.
Le unique - Lv 30.
Le player - Lv 30.
ze mob no dropz!

Round 3...
Le darn unique - Lv 140.
Le player - doesn't matter anymore.
ze mob duz dropz!

Drop amount of item and chance: 1-5, 100% chance "on all rounds".

Does anyone have a ******* clue how to actually "tune down" the range where items are really supposed to drop?
It seems like, every unique below Lv X isn't dropping any **** if custom made ones. Is there another hidden offset?
Alike the bullshit with "Quest Level Cap"?

Edit: Just noticed, one of 4 materials is not dropping at all. Is there also a limit for that ****? Removing one from the list will properly trigger the missing one ...
Uniques Lv 70 or higher are starting to drop anything, not according to the drop list, tho.
2-5 pieces of X, it just drops 1 at all.
Setting the item drop rate (server.cfg) higher won't affect that part.
Old 04/18/2016, 00:56   #2

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Sadly, the whole drop functions are ****** up. And I mean ALL! There's no logic there what so ever, or at least not that we can figure it out by testing.

Maybe @ can sneak peak his src and tell us something about the drop process / rates.
Old 04/18/2016, 04:13   #3

elite*gold: 85
Received Thanks: 1,643
Last time I made drops I managed to get pretty nice rates.

I.e. 12h jobcave botting 10kill/min == 250 elixiers of each kind. It was max a diff of 1-5 elixiers.

You simply add **** in refdropblablamonster. Go ingame, zoe 10 mobs. Grabpet picks ****.
Now repeat with 10 diff grab pets. That will get you your current rate. Then you increase based on the feeling. Takes a short while but its not that bad once you get into it.

PS: Sometimes there's a max item limit for drops... probably the reason y ur **** aint dropping at all.

Solution: Drop an item, that "randomly" gives items to its user. Thats how we perfected our SoX drop rate basically.

Plus u make that **** tradeable and it kickstarts the economy and allows non-botters to obtain all **** easily as well.
Old 04/19/2016, 12:54   #4

elite*gold: 76
I had the same problem before.

Have you tried to create a group for each item seprately in _RefDropItemGroup and afterwards, you add RefItemGroupID of each item and your desired drop rate&Minimum/ Maximum drop amount in _RefMonster_AssignedItemRndDrop?
Old 04/19/2016, 21:01   #5

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stath View Post
I had the same problem before.

Have you tried to create a group for each item seprately in _RefDropItemGroup and afterwards, you add RefItemGroupID of each item and your desired drop rate&Minimum/ Maximum drop amount in _RefMonster_AssignedItemRndDrop?
Yea, I actually did this by tracing back other item droppings. It actually fits into my desired implementation.
Old 04/20/2016, 22:44   #6

elite*gold: 350
Received Thanks: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ​Exo View Post
Sadly, the whole drop functions are ****** up. And I mean ALL! There's no logic there what so ever, or at least not that we can figure it out by testing.

Maybe @ can sneak peak his src and tell us something about the drop process / rates.