Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 06:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does the server cap affect how long will it last?

Discussion on Does the server cap affect how long will it last? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

View Poll Results: Do you think that the server cap affects how long will the server last?
Yes, the cap affects how long will the server last 22 66.67%
No, the cap doesn't affect how long will the server last. 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07/09/2015, 20:57   #16

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidy. View Post
Advertise your server in a good way will simply increase the amount of your player-base and the chance to stay longer if no mistakes occurred this period.
And then some bunch kids that are jealous comes around and try to ruin the server with lies or whatsoever. In my opinion this community is a huge problem too and not only the server owners.
I mean server goes down for few minutes = the epvp thread full spammed with ''why down, fk security etc.''
And while the Teams are trying to fix it, they get called 'ignorant server team' cause they ''should tell them it's down'' instead of fixing it..
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/09/2015, 21:23   #17

elite*gold: 50
To sum it all up, don't advertise on epvpers if you want a successful server.
Old 07/09/2015, 22:46   #18

elite*gold: 62
Received Thanks: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi. View Post
EPVP is one of the biggest SRO Forum. You get so many players from here, but also too much dumb people. I don't think tho without epvp a server can be successfull... and how everyone says, it's all about dem players count..
Old 07/10/2015, 00:05   #19

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Just a question Sir, if you really hate this place, why are you still here?
Old 07/10/2015, 03:18   #20

elite*gold: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by XENijX* View Post
EPVP is one of the biggest SRO Forum. You get so many players from here, but also too much dumb people. I don't think tho without epvp a server can be successfull... and how everyone says, it's all about dem players count..
There is a server called excalibur online, they never made an epvp thread and they are online and their server is still alive since 1 year with a lot of players, their FB page has 36k likes and this explains how populated the server is without an epvp advertisement^^.
Old 07/10/2015, 03:23   #21

elite*gold: 28
Received Thanks: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonius* View Post
There is a server called excalibur online, they never made an epvp thread and they are online and their server is still alive since 1 year with a lot of players
Ye those *** are paying a lot of money for their Facebook Ads.
Old 07/10/2015, 03:25   #22

elite*gold: 77
Quote:
Why? Give me 1 apparent reason and I will never advertise a server of mine here.
Old 07/10/2015, 03:41   #23

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonius* View Post
There is a server called excalibur online, they never made an epvp thread and they are online and their server is still alive since 1 year with a lot of players, their FB page has 36k likes and this explains how populated the server is without an epvp advertisement^^.
Sorry, who told you that? the thread already exists. (I won't mention it here)
without epvp they wouldn't reach it.
Old 07/10/2015, 07:18   #24

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,188
Any private server won't reach more than 1k players , unless the owner advertises his server here.
Old 07/10/2015, 08:40   #25

elite*gold: 71
Received Thanks: 1,099
Quote:
Sorry, who told you that? the thread already exists. (I won't mention it here)
without epvp they wouldn't reach it.
Ye they created a thread here just search on google for the server name.
Facebook likes can be bought pretty cheap. How did u think elamidas gained 11k likes in 2 days?.. Pretty much self explanatory.

About the @question;
Yes and No. As you see most of the players joins (80,90,100,110) caps. You'll notice that most (120,130,140) caps are almost empty. That leads the owners or the admins into closing the server because there isn't enough money to pay for protection or dedicated server to keep it alive. It depends on what the person/player like.
About servers such as blaze and silkroad.ws these servers are pay-to-win from what i have seen and I'm pretty sure that it took them a lot of effort to advertise their own (server) to gain this amount of players. What you need is a working brain which can think about how to get the players and keep them playing without getting bored.
Old 07/10/2015, 11:00   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper* View Post
Ye they created a thread here just search on google for the server name.
Facebook likes can be bought pretty cheap. How did u think elamidas gained 11k likes in 2 days?.. Pretty much self explanatory.
''Epvp advanced search''

You're missing some points here, Elamidas gained 11k likes in couple of months not days since the closed beta, Facebook ads was just a part of their plans but not the main. Elamidas at that time was a pretty known project (Skalidor issues), (previous projects) (Random threads ''prepare yourself elamidas coming soon'' ) even they used to ask everyone to share their ''Elamidas post'', You simply get extra likes by your followers, comrades. which it was a huge success for them and still..( 4k users ) besides it was being advertised on every single forum (outside epvp zone).

Regarding to the 2nd part:
They didn't close the server because of money issues not even close..
simply worthless, they spent their entire time to improve/add something new, creative. a hidden message to any Sro player (there's still hope) and for what? appreciation..I could write a book about this but I prefer you should talk with Aky himself.
Old 07/10/2015, 11:27   #27

Quote:
''Epvp advanced search''

You're missing some points here, Elamidas gained 11k likes in couple of months not days since the closed beta, Facebook ads was just a part of their plans but not the main. Elamidas at that time was a pretty known project (Skalidor issues), (previous projects) (Random threads ''prepare yourself elamidas coming soon'' ) even they used to ask everyone to share their ''Elamidas post'', You simply get extra likes by your followers, comrades. which it was a huge success for them and still..( 4k users ) besides it was being advertised on every single forum (outside epvp zone).

Regarding to the 2nd part:
They didn't close the server because of money issues not even close..
simply worthless, they spent their entire time to improve/add something new, creative. a hidden message to any Sro player (there's still hope) and for what? appreciation..I could write a book about this but I prefer you should talk with Aky himself.
For the 1st part; Do you claim to know more than me? I was in Elamidas team and akasch ordered about 10k likes and I'm happy to tell you that It was me who created Elamidas' facebook page.
For the 2nd part; I mean most of the servers, which server are you talking about? Do you even know what I just meant?
Old 07/10/2015, 11:45   #28

^
Nope not claiming. you probably don't know me either.
when you mentioned most of the servers, thought Elamidas was included regardless who you are.

Edit: Since it turns to an argument about a specific server which I'm totally against it, you can change the subject. holy I didn't even mention a single word about Elamidas 2..
and nope I know what I'm talking about dear user.
Old 07/10/2015, 12:18   #29

Quote:
^
Nope not claiming. you probably don't know me either.
when you mentioned most of the servers, thought Elamidas was included regardless who you are.
Most of what you said about Elamidas is wrong. Elamidas closed because the players kept leaving since there was no way to get sun other than getting fragment of sun which was impossible to do (only 1 player got it) and there was actually no reason to continue playing after getting a full moon set +10 etc. And it became pay-to-win after adding Forgotten World "getting moon from it"
Akasch pretty much left SRO, he told me this himself on skype about 5 days ago. From what I understood you're expecting Elamidas 2 which won't be possible. I have explained why here;
With all due respect, could you please stop talking about stuff which u don't know anything about? Thank you!
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/10/2015, 15:54   #30

elite*gold: 70
In my opinion cap doesn't make any change ,
the only thing that make difference between servers is the gameplay nature in it..
Thanks
2 Users