Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Discussion] Real SRO on smart phones/tablets?

Discussion on [Discussion] Real SRO on smart phones/tablets? within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
[Discussion] Real SRO on smart phones/tablets?

Hello

Today, I saw some random video about SRO in youtube.

Is it possible to get windows games on tablets/mob phones especially online games? 'SRO as example'

I heard long time ago that mac system ' iOS ' got a special paid program to be a dynamic virtual point between mac and windows games "*.exe", What do you really think the specification to run SRO as well on a tablet / mob phone? and will it be possible to run it without getting that bored cause of the movement?

Also, do you think that we can ignore SRO mob ver since it's possible to run the original SRO on tablets?

Note: Please, before anything would start, if you'll discuss in the thread point, then you're free to post anything you would like to, going off topic in such posts like ' fake, blabla, no one ca do it, etc. ' we're searching for a way to restart the entertainment in SRO which was lost long time ago.

Thanks for understanding, appreciate it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/17/2013, 04:06   #2

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,152
Reminds me of a PSP Emulator (PPSSPP) (Sorry to go Offtopic), it's the same case for the Phone Version of it, there are Buttons on the Screen and when you touch these you can do interactions like from a real PSP.

If you know what I mean ...

Personally I wouldn't even bother to play SRO on that thing, Imagine you PvP against someone and you need to press the Number Buttons, seriously, half screen is missing cuz of that Virtual Touch Keyboard xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/17/2013, 04:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolill0 View Post
Reminds me of a PSP Emulator (PPSSPP) (Sorry to go Offtopic), it's the same case for the Phone Version of it, there are Buttons on the Screen and when you touch these you can do interactions like from a real PSP.

If you know what I mean ...

Personally I wouldn't even bother to play SRO on that thing, Imagine you PvP against someone and you need to press the Number Buttons, seriously, half screen is missing cuz of that Virtual Touch Keyboard xD
But on the new tech. revolution of tablets, that new laser keyboard thingy, would be perfectly fitted with SRO game play. I know that you can't even move the camera because you have absolutely no chance to move your camera "no right click [[fuq]]" But hey, still better than nothing from joymax about that new sro mob ver
Old 07/17/2013, 06:36   #4

Received Thanks: 6,289
It's not running on the tablet, it's being streamed from a computer and controlled with a remote control software (teamviewer for example, there are many that do such a thing).

EDIT: IF you check the video description, the programs used are there:

Verwendete Tools:
iPad: Slashtop Remote
PC: Slashtop Streamer
Thanks
6 Users
Old 07/17/2013, 06:43   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
It's not running on the tablet, it's being streamed from a computer and controlled with a remote control software (teamviewer for example, there are many that do such a thing).

EDIT: IF you check the video description, the programs used are there:

Verwendete Tools:
iPad: Slashtop Remote
PC: Slashtop Streamer
Mmmm, Ok, these are *iOS* side anyway and it wasn't the main purpose of the thread itself. but what about if we've android tablet? furthermore, It's useless anyway.. ain't like SRO itself on a tablet.
Old 07/17/2013, 07:01   #6

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 1337 View Post
Mmmm, Ok, these are *iOS* side anyway and it wasn't the main purpose of the thread itself. but what about if we've android tablet? furthermore, It's useless anyway.. ain't like SRO itself on a tablet.
I answered the video thing because I through that would explain it.

It is not possible to run windows executables on neither android or iOS. I won't explain deeply why, but basically executable's code is compiled for run on Windows platforms, and uses windows libraries to work (directx, sockets, etc). In the case of Android, you would have to port the code to Java (not only the game excutables, but the DLL's that the game uses, including the windows' DLL's, basically start everything from scratch). In the case of iOS it would be objective-C.

In resume, no, you can't. The best idea for avoid recompiling everything is create a "virtual machine" inside the phone that emulates windows and contain it's libraries. Too complicated.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/17/2013, 09:44   #7

Received Thanks: 2,330
The gaming on an iPad looks great anyway, ofcourse I understand that it's being streamed, but it's running lagless, looks real.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/17/2013, 10:27   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
I answered the video thing because I through that would explain it.

It is not possible to run windows executables on neither android or iOS. I won't explain deeply why, but basically executable's code is compiled for run on Windows platforms, and uses windows libraries to work (directx, sockets, etc). In the case of Android, you would have to port the code to Java (not only the game excutables, but the DLL's that the game uses, including the windows' DLL's, basically start everything from scratch). In the case of iOS it would be objective-C.

In resume, no, you can't. The best idea for avoid recompiling everything is create a "virtual machine" inside the phone that emulates windows and contain it's libraries. Too complicated.

I hope that I can find a good way to get the *. exe working as well... who knows! android was being developed by c sharp
and btw... what i meant about android being.......... is that you can program / develop android apps by c#

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimkacool View Post
The gaming on an iPad looks great anyway, ofcourse I understand that it's being streamed, but it's running lagless, looks real.
Yeah and the best part that the resolution of the screen is flexible with ipad touch monitor... and it's really impressive :thumbup:
Old 07/17/2013, 10:47   #9

Quote:
Yeah and the best part that the resolution of the screen is flexible with ipad touch monitor... and it's really impressive :thumbup:

:P
Old 07/17/2013, 10:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by netch4 View Post

:P
quiet frankly I have not tested it since I have no tablet.. only ma lg l9 is enough for meh this year.... but hey, the screen ain't ****** up like team viewer
Old 07/17/2013, 11:02   #11

Quote:
quiet frankly I have not tested it since I have no tablet.. only ma lg l9 is enough for meh this year.... but hey, the screen ain't ****** up like team viewer
I'm using it on my WT19i. You just need Android to get this app working. It's free when you are using it in local network area, but when somewhere else you need premium version(or thepiratebay and rooted device:P) and you can enjoy this great app. It's good when you have to configure your bot, or just check to see if everything's okay.
Old 07/17/2013, 11:10   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by netch4 View Post
I'm using it on my WT19i. You just need Android to get this app working. It's free when you are using it in local network area, but when somewhere else you need premium version(or thepiratebay and rooted device:P) and you can enjoy this great app. It's good when you have to configure your bot, or just check to see if everything's okay.
rooted software for my mob v 4.1 jelly bean, I think that I have to play on pc better, there's no way to get my device rooted what so ever
Old 07/17/2013, 11:15   #13

Quote:
rooted software for my mob v 4.1 jelly bean, I think that I have to play on pc better, there's no way to get my device rooted what so ever
Then use free version for local area.

You can connect wireless devices (keyboard and mouse) via Bluetooth and play SRO on your tablet/phone, hahaha ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Old 07/17/2013, 16:17   #14

Desktop remote apps for android and apple stuff, feels like playing on an crappy laptop.
But it works, have tested on ipad and android tablet but you notice some "lag" delay.

The best way is to buy a tablet with windows 8, like Microsoft Surface pro.
Old 07/17/2013, 19:23   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfisring View Post
Desktop remote apps for android and apple stuff, feels like playing on an crappy laptop.
But it works, have tested on ipad and android tablet but you notice some "lag" delay.

The best way is to buy a tablet with windows 8, like Microsoft Surface pro.
Well, it ain't coming with windows 8, it comes with windows phone 8. there's a big different between these two. and I'm not quiet sure that it will be capable to run PC games.

I'm using some paid torrent sites for android programs to search for this application in cracked version. and I will test n' give you the result.

Edit: got the cracked version. v 1.9, dunno what's the current version is ....
Attached Files
File Type: rar SRDHD v1.9.9.8.rar (2.66 MB, 10 views)
Closed Thread