Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is everything already cracked/leaked - Just kept as a secret? (Discussion)

Discussion on Is everything already cracked/leaked - Just kept as a secret? (Discussion) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 07/01/2013, 17:41   #16
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcha44 View Post
There is no need for such a thread like this, if you would have been better if u d posted this in chit chat -because this is exactly what it is about in chit-chat.

OT: Who cares? Even if there is, and there probably is some stuff which isnt public..Do you really think this thread will make a change. Your question simply cannot be answered..more or less. Its no use *:*
chit-chat SRO randomness(and a bit of off-topic)
this is more a general discussion
Old 07/01/2013, 18:03   #17

elite*gold: 100
Dont dream with the source of swsro, after server dies, backup was done and noone will use it again now.
They will delete it before release
Old 07/01/2013, 18:08   #18

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorsalido View Post
Dont dream with the source of swsro, after server dies, backup was done and noone will use it again now.
They will delete it before release
wouldnt it be better for the owner to sell it? doesnt really make any sense deleting instead of releasing/selling
Old 07/01/2013, 18:26   #19

Received Thanks: 2,010
Of course there are a lot of unreleased tools. The majority of the stuff made is kept secret by the maker, or the team who uses it. I only know of stuff made by npcdoom, pushedx and perry, but I guess those are only a small part. Some stuff doesn't get released because it was never made to be released into public, some stuff is never finished, and some stuff is just sold privately.

For example, there are a lot of unreleased copies of the server files, map editors, server file tools and even exploits that are only available to a couple of people, for obvious reasons, and I guess it's for the best
Old 07/01/2013, 19:37   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
Of course there are a lot of unreleased tools. The majority of the stuff made is kept secret by the maker, or the team who uses it. I only know of stuff made by npcdoom, pushedx and perry, but I guess those are only a small part. Some stuff doesn't get released because it was never made to be released into public, some stuff is never finished, and some stuff is just sold privately.

For example, there are a lot of unreleased copies of the server files, map editors, server file tools and even exploits that are only available to a couple of people, for obvious reasons, and I guess it's for the best
Yeah, I completely agree with you. Why the hell people should release everything they code/make for their own good.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2013, 19:40   #21

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by culcha44 View Post
There is no need for such a thread like this, if you would have been better if u d posted this in chit chat -because this is exactly what it is about in chit-chat.

OT: Who cares? Even if there is, and there probably is some stuff which isnt public..Do you really think this thread will make a change. Your question simply cannot be answered..more or less. Its no use *:*
The chit-chat has turned into more like "mock users for thanks" rather than for silkroad related discussion. I only posted this thread to gather peoples views and opinions
Old 07/01/2013, 19:41   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoriSan c: View Post
Name,pics or never happened.;p
Gave them to half of my friends. 10+ people has it

Im 100% sure the talk about swsro "sourcecode" is pure bullshit, even if they claimed so themselves.

Quote:
Most of them will be released when noone no longer has access to updates of the sro files.
Old 07/01/2013, 20:17   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaGsTeR? View Post
Gave them to half of my friends. 10+ people has it

Im 100% sure the talk about swsro "sourcecode" is pure bullshit, even if they claimed so themselves.

Most of them will be released when noone no longer has access to updates of the sro files.
not having access to updated files doesn't mean they can't be 'fixed', have you seen venture go down from exploits?
Old 07/01/2013, 20:20   #24

The sad thing is that the experienced people that knew something about SRO files and so on left 1 by 1 leaving behind a community of 14 yo kids with money from mom and dad opening servers.
Jangan - Megamax and so on ... Experienced people that left this community because its getting ****** up by this 1 week servers and greedy owners.
I really think that the salvation for Silkroad community would be 1 unique server with unique files and with a really experienced Team!
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/01/2013, 20:30   #25

Quote:
not having access to updated files doesn't mean they can't be 'fixed', have you seen venture go down from exploits?
Some of them means a **** loads of features needs to be disabled.
Old 07/01/2013, 20:33   #26

Quote:
Some of them means a **** loads of features needs to be disabled.
that's not the case when an actual experienced reverse engineer would fix them
Old 07/01/2013, 20:34   #27

Quote:
that's not the case when an actual experienced reverse engineer would fix them
Didnt see it happen back on ecsro times
This is pretty much the same case

Fix the exploits on SWSRO files without modifying anything important and i will pay you 200 bucks for them.
Old 07/01/2013, 21:08   #28

Quote:
Didnt see it happen back on ecsro times
This is pretty much the same case

Fix the exploits on SWSRO files without modifying anything important and i will pay you 200 bucks for them.

Your 200 bucks doesn't worth the time spent and the efforts on this.
Old 07/01/2013, 21:10   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumDark View Post
Your 200 bucks doesn't worth the time spent and the efforts on this.
Yep, not the mention it is worth far more when you would host the fixed files yourself
Old 07/01/2013, 21:18   #30

Private Servers = Competition

We are here to compete, there is no competition if everybody have the same.

The world is unfair, the capitalism is unfair, the same will apply to private servers.

Don't expect to be able to do it better than others, by using what is available or what is sold, if you really want to be the best, you have to do everything by your own.

Your own work, is the only way to differentiate from anybody else. Especially if you are able to make your own unique features, systems in a way that other guys don't know how to.