Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 04:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A perfect SRO server should look like this!!

Discussion on A perfect SRO server should look like this!! within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A perfect SRO server should look like this!!

Chosen Files: Vsro 1.188
Cap: 100 Chinese and European ( I tihnk this is most balanced)
Exp/SP Rate: 30x (so that players aren't lvl 100 in 1 day)
Drop rate: 10x
Gold rate: 20x
Sox rate: 2x and NO SUN DROP
Botting allowed
IP limit: 2 accounts
Map: Jangan, Donwhang, Hotan, Samarkand, Canstantinople, Donwhang Cave, Jangan Cave, Alexandria (adjusted so that mobs are all lvl 100 ad drop 10d). This is to allow more space for lvling to 100 instead of focusing only on jangan cave.

Suggestions:
1. Start level is 1: people start with 10x reverse scroll, 10x instant return scroll, 7 day grab pet, 1000 XL hp and mp potions, wolf attack pet, 1m gold. NPC shops will have SOS items for degree 1-8 so that players can get up to level 72 without much problem.

2. Silk items are ALL found at a npc silk shop that requires ingame silk

3. No silk/hour instead silk currency is earned from unique kills, events, and job trading (only those uniques around your level drop silks)

4. Donations can be rewarded with silk which is no problem as long as there are ways to earn it ingame (of course its harder and more time consuming to earn it rather than donate). Items at silk shop will be difficult to get and will be adjusted accordingly so that donators aren't paying too much for silk and players don't feel like its impossible to earn silk ingame.

5. No Honor Rank/Academy this is just stupid and people make multiple accounts

6. IP limit 2 characters (I hate seeing a gold farming pt with bard/cleric etc)

7. to explain job trading: instead of getting gold as a reward people will get silk. SO a trade from jangan to donwhang 10 x (value of trade items). So one star maxed out would be 10 silk, 2 star = 20 silk, 5 star = 50 silk. For example, for items that value less than 1 star, the trader gets 7 or 8 silk. From jangan to hotan would be 20 x (valueof trade) and so on depending on city distance. Max will be jangan to constant which is 50 x (value of trade) max being 250 silk (50 x 5). This will encourage players to do jobbing more as its integral to part of game. Hunters will be rewarded (1/5) x (trader's total silk) and thief steals will be rewarded with value of trade the trader is carrying. For example, if a thief took a trader's goods that has 3 stars maxed out then he gets 30 silk. So as you can see trader is always rewarded the most, hunter second, and thief least because they dont have to invest as much time and money as traders and hunters.

8. No such things as SUN weapons for degree 1-10. At level 100 there is a special Seal of Weapon (with new look or 11d weapon adjusted to level 100) that is similar to SUN stats and it can only be given to players by taking a original quest that involves killing medusa (adjust health of medusa so it doesnt take forever). Quest can only be acquired at level 100. Those that have this quest at lvl 100 will need to work together in a party and the reward will be distributed to one player in the party randomly. They take that item and finish quest and choose their special Seal weapon/shield/armor/acc. This will again encourage players to do Medusa and the 5 uniques that go with it. Spawn Medusa every 3h (it will probably take 2h to kill it since health of uniques will be adjusted) and open that gate of sarim tribe door every 3 hr. If players don't kill medusa in 3h then they are teleported out of room and it restarts. Therefore in 1 day there can only be maximum of 8 SUN items in server. Also, players that have finished quest and got a SUN item can only do the quest again in 24 hrs. This limits a few players from getting items in 1 day. However, playesr that don't have quest can still participate in medusa event so those that have special seal items can help others in their party get them by killing the unique. (Remember only 2 character ip limit so this cannot be abused)

9. You might be thinking what do we do with gold that we get form farming on mobs. The gold will be used for small purposes like alchemy (trading between players for elixirs, elements, stones) and at npc shops. Most importantly the gold will be used for traders who want to buy items for trading between cities. You buy items and transports with gold but get rewarded with silk. The goods that traders will need to transport will be quite expensive for 3-5 stars but they get the most silk from jobbing.

10. Arena/CTF will exist also every 2 hours where winning those events gives silk also but lower amounts compared to jobbing. For example winning team in arena and CTF get 5 silk (no reward for killing players in CTF like they do now). Both events gives same reward but they are different and will add more fun for people.

SO looking at this there is CTF and arena happening every 2 hours, medusa happening every 3 hours for Special seal, unique hunting for silk drops and job trading being central for silk gain. This should make server fun and should take away from nonstop botting because gold can only get you so far. Each player can choose how they want to get silk. It can be jobbing, killing uniques, doing events, or CTF and arena.

I have no freakin idea how to code or make a server and those that have those skills end up making a failed server. So professionals that know what they are doing and have experience with making servers can maybe give these ideas a try and see how it works.

This is how I pictured a perfect SRO private server that is fair to those that pay and those that play for free. If people like it then press "thanks" and if you have suggestions post them and I'll change this post.
Old 05/22/2013, 05:56   #2
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
you already posted this on another thread

#closed
Closed Thread