Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Suggest and Vote thread

Discussion on Suggest and Vote thread within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old 05/14/2013, 21:21   #16
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartic View Post
Not sure, but I think it would be pretty hard to create one.
i think it is easier to try to figure out the animation structure(data talking) and make a "plugin" form mainstream 3D animation studios
Old 05/14/2013, 21:27   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
i think it is easier to try to figure out the animation structure(data talking) and make a "plugin" form mainstream 3D animation studios
oh so you can basically use something like cinema 4d to create a plugin for that?
Old 05/14/2013, 21:45   #18

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]ase[J]umP View Post
yeah let some pro sro-er explain why its hard cause i cannot understand skill creation
The problem is not only figure out how the .ban files works, .ban and .bsk are linked eachother, so you have to figure out 2 things, and then, if you want to make skills, you have to figure out also .bsr structure, since you have to add the animations on the characters' bsr if you want them to execute them (unless you want to replace existing animations, which makes the whole thing useless for new skills).

So there is a lot of work behind it. Im personally bad parsing file structure, specially because I'm not very familiar with bones, vertex and all those 3D stuff.

Perry, do eeet!
Old 05/14/2013, 21:47   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
The problem is not only figure out how the .ban files works, .ban and .bsk are linked eachother, so you have to figure out 2 things, and then, if you want to make skills, you have to figure out also .bsr structure, since you have to add the animations on the characters' bsr if you want them to execute them (unless you want to replace existing animations, which makes the whole thing useless for new skills).

So there is a lot of work behind it. Im personally bad parsing file structure, specially because I'm not very familiar with bones, vertex and all those 3D stuff.

Perry, do eeet!
not sure who perry is,but i guess he is a pro?
Old 05/14/2013, 22:50   #20

Quote:
He's pro.
Old 05/14/2013, 22:54   #21
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
you seem to have been off here for some time
Old 05/15/2013, 01:51   #22

Received Thanks: 1,047
And yet people still dont credit him. What an amazing community this is.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/15/2013, 04:10   #23

Received Thanks: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
And yet people still dont credit him. What an amazing community this is.
What do you expect would happen if any Server has totally new Custom Uniques or even completely selfmade Avatars ?

Right, Peoples would go nuts here and try to rip it off from your Game Client, taking it to their Client and claim they made those Uniques/Avatars or repaired them.

Personally what I simply want for a Server is this :

~ Better Protection against Exploits
~ Strict Rules, being able to defend Bots.
~ Better Protection for the Client Content (Which I doubt will happen ...)

~ Quest Only Playthrough, no EXP gained from Monsters except Drops
~ Not loosing EXP once you die / get killed
~ Quests fitted that you will reach the Cap so that means it will prevent you from not reaching the Cap if you have done almost every Quest.

Pretty much like that, Silkroad actually has Stories written in the Quests which matches for every Area, I could say there are over 4-5 Stories made for the whole World Map.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2013, 16:25   #24

Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolill0 View Post
What do you expect would happen if any Server has totally new Custom Uniques or even completely selfmade Avatars ?

Right, Peoples would go nuts here and try to rip it off from your Game Client, taking it to their Client and claim they made those Uniques/Avatars or repaired them.

Personally what I simply want for a Server is this :

~ Better Protection against Exploits
~ Strict Rules, being able to defend Bots.
~ Better Protection for the Client Content (Which I doubt will happen ...)

~ Quest Only Playthrough, no EXP gained from Monsters except Drops
~ Not loosing EXP once you die / get killed
~ Quests fitted that you will reach the Cap so that means it will prevent you from not reaching the Cap if you have done almost every Quest.

Pretty much like that, Silkroad actually has Stories written in the Quests which matches for every Area, I could say there are over 4-5 Stories made for the whole World Map.
that quest only playthrough sounds very interesting.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2013, 20:58   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
that quest only playthrough sounds very interesting.
Well I doubt 95% of the SRO Community ever made the Captain Ivy or BeakYung Quest Line. Same goes for Cerberus too and as far as I know, you learn some things about the "Huns" and about the Goddess "Anahita" as far as I know.

I would surely enjoy such a Server where the Quest EXP is raised to 2-3x, the only thing why Peoples would Bot at all would be Drops and Gold, would be a pure long-time Server at all =)

When it comes to Mythology in Games like in Final Fantasy XIII, the Fal'Cie and L'Cie and much more, well I just love to play such Games xD
Old 05/15/2013, 21:05   #26
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Well I doubt 95% of the SRO Community ever made the Captain Ivy or BeakYung Quest Line. Same goes for Cerberus too and as far as I know, you learn some things about the "Huns" and about the Goddess "Anahita" as far as I know.

I would surely enjoy such a Server where the Quest EXP is raised to 2-3x, the only thing why Peoples would Bot at all would be Drops and Gold, would be a pure long-time Server at all =)

When it comes to Mythology in Games like in Final Fantasy XIII, the Fal'Cie and L'Cie and much more, well I just love to play such Games xD
Did Captain Ivy and cerberus on Saturn on iSRO(back then)
Old 05/15/2013, 21:55   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
Did Captain Ivy and cerberus on Saturn on iSRO(back then)
Me too, I did those quests with my cousin (we used to play together) on iSRO back in 2008.

Ah old days....
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/15/2013, 22:11   #28

Quote:
Me too, I did those quests with my cousin (we used to play together) on iSRO back in 2008.

Ah old days....
Ya I miss them too, took me 3 Days for all 7 or 8 Quests for the Goria Questline. At the end that thing went nuts on me xD.

Strange thing is, there is no Questline for these Uniques :

~ Tiger Girl
~ Uruchi
~ Isyutaru
~ Lord Yarkan

Doubt they had forgotten these, but they were just lazy to add them xD
Old 05/15/2013, 22:37   #29
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Ya I miss them too, took me 3 Days for all 7 or 8 Quests for the Goria Questline. At the end that thing went nuts on me xD.

~ Tiger Girl
~ Uruchi
~ Isyutaru
~ Lord Yarkan

I say the of those, the best back story is Isy(being one of the fairys from Himalaya must have some interesting back story
Tiger girl=not interesting
Uruchi=meh
Lordy Yarkan= could be a cool one but, idk, not as interesting as Isy

Quote:

Ah old days....
Samarkan area should have had a unique(west asia has Captain Ivy, but after the bridge is another place entirely)

Goria, that was a cool, not a Unique
Adding a Unique for Samarkan area could be cool as a Suggestion
Old 05/15/2013, 22:37   #30

Quote:

~ Tiger Girl
~ Uruchi
~ Isyutaru
~ Lord Yarkan

The systems those quests use were created when they made the European expansion, thats why there are no quests from China uniques.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread