Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Thinking of creating a new program (Post your ideas here)

Discussion on Thinking of creating a new program (Post your ideas here) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old 03/05/2013, 23:26   #16

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 3,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAmStiel View Post
As long as there are people that debate about silkroad it didn't die imo, despite the population of the servers
Well, here's my opinion on the current situation of silkroad.

It's not dead, nowhere near dead. It's still very much alive, more populated than most other games that I know. Think about it, MOST private servers have at least 400 users daily. Split that between 30-40 private servers (excuse the maths) that's around 16,000 players. Then, add up the total of players on Joymax's servers. (Estimate) around 10,000 players. That's near enough 26,000 players still active on silkroad. I'm probably under-estimating, for all I know there could be around 50,000 + players.

With the current situation of the files, more people are leaving Joymax's servers because our databases keep on updating and improving daily. Before we know it, we will be more advanced than Joymax (we can all hope) but in my opinion, Silkroad isn't dead, and it won't be for years to come. The only thing that is helping it run into the ground is jealous server owners, ruining other peoples fun because they are empty in the pocket.
Old 03/05/2013, 23:34   #17
Chat Killer In Duty

Received Thanks: 6,469
i must say
i have seen MMO die and they take a while
i can say SRO has 2 years top to die
unless in that time, they release some UBER SRO update
Old 03/05/2013, 23:35   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
i must say
i have seen MMO die and they take a while
i can say SRO has 2 years top to die
unless in that time, they release some UBER SRO update
Web Silkroad & SRO2
Old 03/06/2013, 07:56   #19

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Web Silkroad & SRO2
I honestly doubt they are still developing Silkroad 2...
Old 03/06/2013, 08:40   #20

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesderid View Post
I honestly doubt that they were developing silkroad at first place >.>.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 03/06/2013, 12:52   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesderid View Post
Things take time. The longer the wait, the better the perfection of the game will be.. Hopefuly.
Old 03/06/2013, 14:11   #22

elite*gold: 53
I always wanted a software for a project i am working on, the only problem it is not SRO related. So if you are willing to try to give a hand in a non SRO related software, add me at skype.
Old 03/06/2013, 14:24   #23

Send me a PM with your Skype, and we'll talk about it
Old 03/06/2013, 19:09   #24

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Things take time. The longer the wait, the better the perfection of the game will be.. Hopefuly.
All they have to do is make the exact same game with great graphics, physics/particle engine BUT the same gameplay and skill system.

fire nukes in ureal engine 4, yeah.
Old 03/06/2013, 19:16   #25
Chat Killer In Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qynchou View Post
All they have to do is make the exact same game with great graphics, physics/particle engine BUT the same gameplay and skill system.

fire nukes in ureal engine 4, yeah.
Joymax didnt wanted to buy GameGuard for Deco(back then) and you are say Unreal Engine 4 for ****** /> kinda makes my day
Old 03/06/2013, 19:18   #26

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Joymax didnt wanted to buy GameGuard for Deco(back then) and you are say Unreal Engine 4 for ****** /> kinda makes my day
They have already licensed a lot of really great software for SRO2, they have grown a lot since deco, and they obviously have got a really huge budget for SRO2 now, not counting investments
Old 03/06/2013, 19:19   #27

Quote:
You Also forget to add that the gameguard costed 15k$ Per year and ofcourse Unreal engine 4 will cost WAY more.
Old 03/06/2013, 19:28   #28

Received Thanks: 1,047
Quote:
Not my point whether they can afford it or not, im saying that silkroad doesnt need new content just better graphics engine. Idc if anyone else develops it as long as it would stay the same
Old 03/06/2013, 19:39   #29
Chat Killer In Duty

im just having fun comparing how they refused gameguard on deco but adding unreal is possible
anyway, SRO-2(IMO) will be a good overhaul, but shame we must wait a lot
Old 03/06/2013, 19:41   #30

I believe they should add new generation features to the gameplay.