Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What would you think about a server with emulator?Read :)

Discussion on What would you think about a server with emulator?Read :) within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb What would you think about a server with emulator?Read :)

Hello , what would u think about a server high developped emulator?with new stuff different from server files ,something new in middle of all that vsro files .

Waiting your opinions .
Old 12/19/2012, 22:18   #2

u cant build as good emulator as server files are, so i think its uncalled-for since the server files are released
Old 12/19/2012, 22:22   #3

well im not saying that the emu it sse 2.1 xD , something high developped , well the difference its between the emu n sv files , cuz its always different , i think ppl r bored from same ***** , same functions , same servers opening everydays
Old 12/19/2012, 22:33   #4
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhun View Post
u cant build as good emulator as server files are, so i think its uncalled-for since the server files are released
in fact
emus are WAYYYYY better than server files
server files got a lot of memory leaks, as well as exploits
with an emu, you could easily change all that at will, aside for adding new features that you don't normally add using legit files
Old 12/19/2012, 22:38   #5

well thats my idea , emulator with good developpers can go much far away than sv files , and + something new , not another same sv
Old 12/19/2012, 23:00   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
in fact
with an emu, you could easily change all that at will, aside for adding new features that you don't normally add using legit files
you are right portal, emus are easier to develop and with emu u know the source code-> u can fix exploits easier, and weve got only the exe's of server files :/
Old 12/19/2012, 23:15   #7

the best emu(from what i remember) was used on Grindroad so maybe u can talk with the admin and work this out
good luck
Old 12/19/2012, 23:27   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blackeyes View Post
the best emu(from what i remember) was used on Grindroad so maybe u can talk with the admin and work this out
good luck
The best emu i remember was Zelos Online.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/20/2012, 00:34   #9
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
the best emu was none as all of them have differen issues that can be comparable between them
i wish to see more ppl into the Emu scene though
Old 12/20/2012, 00:50   #10

Received Thanks: 6,289
Yes, and no.
Yes, a good emulator would be better than serverfiles.
No, you must never use the emulator for the same purporse as serverfiles.

What do I mean with this?
Is not worth working on an emu for... a year? or even more. better focus on make it special in something, dont make it like a normal server, but based on other stuff. I don't know how to explain, but if your point is make an emu server-like, is a waste of time.
Old 12/20/2012, 12:20   #11

well synx , i agree with you at some points , but an emulator server can make bigg updates , can add new stuff , can change the whole game play , but ppl r to much fixed to server files , they cant just see that there r possibilitys with emulators
Old 12/20/2012, 22:05   #12

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKe__X View Post
well synx , i agree with you at some points , but an emulator server can make bigg updates , can add new stuff , can change the whole game play , but ppl r to much fixed to server files , they cant just see that there r possibilitys with emulators
That's because 99% of SRO community are players, not coders, and you need only english skills for follow the tutorial in order to create your own stable server with the serverfiles.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 12/21/2012, 06:20   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhun View Post
An emulator have allready been buildt which can actually handle thousands of players at once (on the Stress test all of the characters were botting. 2500-3000 bots) and way less exploits, it was pretty much at the "MHTC" stage last time i saw it, all basic features finished to perfection. (Pretty much a clone of the ecsro files, you wont notice the slightest difference in the gameplay. except for the funny fact that it has less exploits than any public files with the current features.)
Just no fortress / magic pop / Arena / CTF & Stuff like that.
So i know people have allready been close to finishing one close to completion.
And a good finished emulator would rule the pserver world even today im sure about it
You could add any features you want, special "games" like CTF but completely customized, behavior of monsters, your own item functions, new races, new type of pets, you could even implement an Sro hockey-game if you wanted to
Not to mention easier to fix exploits, instead of waiting for joymax to fix everything, because they dont know everything. (Directed at you big pserver owners)

I realy advice you people to start the work on emulators again
First one with an finished emulator will be the biggest server at that time, once people realises the opportunities with it.
And even if the emulator is a public work there would still be alot of unique servers
There is alot of skilled coders and alot of people who wouldnt be able to change a thing on it.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 12/21/2012, 11:41   #14

a good emulator can hold lot of players , and be much better than sv files , i belive it completly , i just hope some ppl change their mind about emus " only buggs , bullsh.t , it will never have a good game play " cuz it isnt true
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/21/2012, 13:18   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
in fact
theres not a single person on this forum, or for that regard in the whole sro scene, that has the intelligence and creativity to use legit files to create new content

the only person that can do that is me, as cocky as that sounds, thats the truth.

i spoke earlier, nobody listened, so now, stay in your AIDS infected **** pit that sro scene currently is.

p.s every single pserver client is infected with viruses, just so you know.