Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

DDoS Protection

Discussion on DDoS Protection within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 2,010
DDoS Protection

Hello,

Lately I've been looking around at some servers and I have concluded that people are really having problems finding adequate protection for their servers. While most DDoS mitigation providers charge in the thousands for just simple protection, I have found a better way.

What's a DDoS attack?

A DDoS or DoS attack is basically an attack executed by a networked computer to try to exhaust the targets' server or computer resources. It is a fairly simple idea, and it is quite simple in execution too. DoS attacks are mainly distributed in two types:

-A DoS attack: Basically an attack executed by a single server or normal computer that executes a (usually focused) attack on a single or multiple targets. It stands for Denial of Service attack.

-A DDoS attack: Basically the same as a DoS attack, but instead of having only one attacked, it has multiple computers attacking a target. It stands for Distributed Denial of Service attack.

Why you?

I have been working with servers since I was twelve, and I've gathered enough experience with my past projects (esro, zelos online, etc) to actually manage a server securily, and efficiently. I am in the hosting scene for a couple of years now, and unfortunatly DDoS attack mitigation is a big part of it. Thanks to my experience in this area, and silkroad, I have come up with a targetted solution for silkroad servers.

Included in these plans:

-DDoS protection for one server
-Up to 5Gbit/s DDoS protection
-TCP and UDP protection
-Proxy-like approach
-100GB clean traffic @100mbit port
-30 days money back guarantee (with valid reason)

Plans:

Starting from 150$ monthly for 5Gbit/s protection.

Note: All plans include personal support and setup by me, however I will not help you setup the silkroad server files. I can only help server that are -alread running or are -100%- finished and ready to launch.

The DDoS protection is currently only available in West Coast US. If you have your server located in Europe or on the East coast, it is advised to switch providers. I can help you with this.

Dedicated server:

I can also get you custom dedicated servers with this DDoS protection, everything included. You just have to setup the files and start. PM me for this

Pserver networks:

There are discounted packages for whole private server networks, contact me for custom quotes.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 08/27/2012, 19:23   #2

elite*gold: 220
Nezekan is one of the most awesome guys out there, trusted and reliable.
Already tested and working 100% .

Regards
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 19:24   #3

elite*gold: 273
Received Thanks: 2,428
Nice service , wrong section !
Use Disco thread to advertise your service there.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 19:31   #4

Low price, great service. GLWS
#recommended for everyone.

Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/27/2012, 19:33   #5

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,654
USA West Coast is causing delays for EU players.
Or I could offer the same service
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 19:37   #6

Happily not all players are from europe. I'm also looking into the european market soon enough.
Old 08/27/2012, 19:39   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
Happily not all players are from europe. I'm also looking into the european market soon enough.
ya, just 90% of the players are from eu>_<
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 19:44   #8

That's not a real number. And for most western european players the latency is no real problem. Unless of course if the actual server is located in europe, but switching provider is not that hard, really.
Old 08/27/2012, 19:51   #9

elite*gold: 275
Nezekan. As you claimed above that this service can protect up to 5Gbit/s DDoS attack.
Would you mind me testing it myself?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 19:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokho View Post
Nezekan. As you claimed above that this service can protect up to 5Gbit/s DDoS attack.
Would you mind me testing it myself?
Of course you may test it, you have my skype

Either way, it's not a great idea to publicly acknowledge that you have a 5gbit+ botnet
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 20:02   #11

elite*gold: 166
Received Thanks: 2,654
Quote:
I looked alot for that. Bandwith is more expensive in EU comparing to US even you find one the prices are amazingly high. Also in Europe, as trustable service, I only know Rackspace.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 21:09   #12

I am currently in contact with a new provider to open my services in europe too. Bandwith is not that much more expensive in europe, you just need to have the right contacts for decent prices
Old 08/27/2012, 21:12   #13

elite*gold: 1
Received Thanks: 1,560
Quote:
Of course you may test it, you have my skype

Either way, it's not a great idea to publicly acknowledge that you have a 5gbit+ botnet
Why not? Having a botnet is nothing to be ashamed off, especially, while it's not so easy to build one. You're to be ashamed if you use it to DDoS private servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkoplata View Post
I looked alot for that. Bandwith is more expensive in EU comparing to US even you find one the prices are amazingly high. Also in Europe, as trustable service, I only know Rackspace.
Rackspace are bunch of unprofessional retards, our sponsor(ROR) paid them nearly 43k€ including 2000$ a month for a 4gbit mitigation system, we ran a test with the help of Jangan which was less than 2-3 gbit and the roots were down after less than a minute. Rackspace is a fucking joke - I would rather go to Blacklotus, they're the real pros in that shit.

As for the topic, I truly recommend Nezekan - he's one of the best people around there, and you know it. He has a huge knowledge as for Silkroad and it's security. If you are to hire someone from the scene, he's the best candidate.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/27/2012, 22:34   #14

elite*gold: 130
Well, if I would open a server, I would know who to ask. At least there actually IS someone, who does real work, not just earn easy money and disappear.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/27/2012, 23:57   #15
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
use this thread

#closed
Closed Thread