Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Private Server
You last visited: Today at 13:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reason For ECSRO's Downtime

Discussion on Reason For ECSRO's Downtime within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Reason For ECSRO's Downtime

So I had a nice cup of coffee with Ocean yesterday at Starbucks. He was telling me why ECSRO had long downtimes. You see Ocean, AKA Brian Smoorton, installed the server files at his school's server secretly. Every month or so the district's technology inspectors come to inspect all schools and their technology machines just in case something weird might be going on. So Ocean told me that when that happens which is usually a little bit over a week he takes down the server in his flash drive and takes it home for safety. He has a crappy computer, he says that all the donations are going to his college fund, and can't run the server at home.

So he has to wait until all inspections are over to bring the files back to school and start the server.

So let's hope for those **** inspectors to be gone soon so we can play ECSRO again!

~~~~EDIT~~~~~
Honestly guys you don't have no sense of humor. I just wrote this story that I half baked in three minutes to show how ridiculous these ECSRO threads are getting. I'm glad that some of you understand the sarcasm in the post. For those others who debunked my story pretty well, awesome for you, see there is other stuff to do while we wait. It has allowed me to concentrate more in my studies. xD So stop spamming here and go do something else productive. Mods if you wish lock away and let it die.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/23/2008, 07:54   #2

elite*gold: 20
IMOS,

You know this ECSRO has cause quite a uproar in the community. I cant believe how many threads have been started of this. I don't doubt you, but then the story made me laugh but pretty genius if its true. I dont think i have tried the ECSRO but when its up id be glad to give it a go.
Old 09/23/2008, 10:08   #3

elite*gold: 19
Received Thanks: 1,800
u had a cup of coffee with ocean? i doubt O_o
Old 09/23/2008, 10:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagahaga View Post
u had a cup of coffee with ocean? i doubt O_o
Why not? :>
Old 09/23/2008, 10:31   #5

Wasnt Ocean in China? xD
Or someplace in Asia?
Old 09/23/2008, 10:43   #6

server is offline because they add fembria and they are making all slots max to 2000
lol
Old 09/23/2008, 10:46   #7

Good point too...how can a school server support 6000 slots xD(Ecsro, VIP and Fembia)??
Old 09/23/2008, 10:54   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOS View Post
So I had a nice cup of coffee with Ocean yesterday at Starbucks. He was telling me why ECSRO had long downtimes. You see Ocean, AKA Brian Smoorton, installed the server files at his school's server secretly. Every month or so the district's technology inspectors come to inspect all schools and their technology machines just in case something weird might be going on. So Ocean told me that when that happens which is usually a little bit over a week he takes down the server in his flash drive and takes it home for safety. He has a crappy computer, he says that all the donations are going to his college fund, and can't run the server at home.

So he has to wait until all inspections are over to bring the files back to school and start the server.

So let's hope for those damn inspectors to be gone soon so we can play ECSRO again!
I heard that Ocean payed $20k for the server files...are you saying that,he came up with 20k to buy stupid video game files with his plan being to run it from his schools server so he has an increased chance of people from his school finding it and busting him for running totally illegal shit?

Plus,I would think that if someone's wasting 20k on a server,he would have a little better then "a crappy" computer.Especially if he has access to his schools server to "secretly install" the server on it,that would mean he would be takeing some kind of computer courses to have that access.If you are takeing computer courses,you would think you would be required to have a good computer not a piece of crap.

Also,since you are such great friends and coffee buddies with him,he probably wouldn't want you to be posting his real name around on the internet "AKA Brian Smoorton"

None of this adds up for me,and I think you are full of crap.But thats just my thoughts...
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/23/2008, 11:09   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurex View Post
server is offline because they add fembria and they are making all slots max to 2000
lol
also that , but what IMOS sayd is also true
Old 09/23/2008, 11:10   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagslammer6 View Post
I heard that Ocean payed $20k for the server files...are you saying that,he came up with 20k to buy stupid video game files with his plan being to run it from his schools server so he has an increased chance of people from his school finding it and busting him for running totally illegal ****?

Plus,I would think that if someone's wasting 20k on a server,he would have a little better then "a crappy" computer.Especially if he has access to his schools server to "secretly install" the server on it,that would mean he would be takeing some kind of computer courses to have that access.If you are takeing computer courses,you would think you would be required to have a good computer not a piece of ****.

Also,since you are such great friends and coffee buddies with him,he probably wouldn't want you to be posting his real name around on the internet "AKA Brian Smoorton"

None of this adds up for me,and I think you are full of ****.But thats just my thoughts...
Yeah like that girl in the forum who posted that she had a conversation with ocean on msn and the server will open dunno when....same ****...nothing true imo
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/23/2008, 11:34   #11

Received Thanks: 1,109
Stop open thread Lying! yea sure only you was with "ocean in coffe"...yea sure whatever

ocean said about his internet low at the moment that why ,and they also add the new server and 2000 slots so GTFU!

close this noob thread
Old 09/23/2008, 12:21   #12

true Ocean name is Li Cheng and he lives in China, Beijing, Changchun road
Old 09/23/2008, 13:06   #13

Received Thanks: 1,472
yeah IMOS uve talked to him, suuure u did
and roundhouse kick isnt the best way to kill people....
Old 09/23/2008, 15:38   #14

Hm i remember some **** happens before, something about storms in New York and i am not shur but i think that is server there. Sorry if i mistake!

That was before server shut down.
Old 09/23/2008, 15:43   #15

I don't think thats true