Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:06

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Arabia Map :)

Discussion on [Release] Arabia Map :) within the SRO PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the SRO Private Server category.

Old 09/17/2012, 18:00   #16
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,469
i have to agree, sharing files is no problem, but let the other find out how to add them
setting up a server needs a guide(common sense but is ok) but to add things, is better to prove yourself that you are worthy of having them by doing it yourself
btw, why this turned into a "im xx old and im not a kid" thread?
Old 09/17/2012, 18:06   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synx7 View Post
If you weren't still a noob, you would know how much you can learn when you are trying to make an update by yourself, rather than following a guide.
Release the files is ok, is just a matter of time until everyone have them, but if you really want to help everyone, and with everyone I mean, the people who like to learn about deving on SRO, you should stop right now with what you did, a guide will only make people follow steps like brainless sheeps without knowing what they are really doing, and this way no one will learn anything, you will only feed the money greed of most of the crappy server owners.

So, do what you think is better for the "noobs".
i agree with some of this what you said but what you have put here

Quote:
you should stop right now with what you did, a guide will only make people follow steps like brainless sheeps without knowing what they are really doing
Then drew and most of the others who have posted guides before the server files was even released should have not made guides ?,

Guides are supposed to be made to start you off and then you work from the basic concept

Did none of us follow them to english patch and everything else we did when we first started

Also you know as well as i do the arabia update is more complex to add for beginners

We have had it working as well
Have we got a public server : no
Do we make a profit : no
Can we make a video and post screen shots, if we want : yes

The users and public will know what servers are best to join,

And test it with a free account and if it is not a good server you should not spend any $ there anyway

That is just plain stupid

The database and client can be released with all the Arabia adds done
will we do? this i dont think so because this will just make all servers the same

But will they take it from the media pk2s of the servers that do have them then yes

But can they get them running idk.

Maybe this is why the devs who really know what there doing dont even post anymore.
And why they need to? they dont need guides there already that good

im not flaming or moaning it is a point that needed to be addressed.

Good luck to all
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/17/2012, 18:06   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortalDark View Post
i have to agree, sharing files is no problem, but let the other find out how to add them
setting up a server needs a guide(common sense but is ok) but to add things, is better to prove yourself that you are worthy of having them by doing it yourself
btw, why this turned into a "im xx old and im not a kid" thread?
cuz he describes egy ppl 12-18 as kids but we dont want trouble can u add rule to stop that ppl could lose their minds and start fighting
Old 09/17/2012, 18:23   #19

Received Thanks: 6,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by evestu View Post
i agree with some of this what you said but what you have put here

Then drew and most of the others who have posted guides before the server files was even released should have not made guides ?,

Guides are supposed to be made to start you off and then you work from the basic concept

Did none of us follow them to english patch and everything else we did when we first started

Also you know as well as i do the arabia update is more complex to add for beginners

We have had it working as well
Have we got a public server : no
Do we make a profit : no
Can we make a video and post screen shots, if we want : yes

The users and public will know what servers are best to join,

And test it with a free account and if it is not a good server you should not spend any $ there anyway

That is just plain stupid

The database and client can be released with all the Arabia adds done
will we do? this i dont think so because this will just make all servers the same

But will they take it from the media pk2s of the servers that do have them then yes

But can they get them running idk.

Maybe this is why the devs who really know what there doing dont even post anymore.
And why they need to? they dont need guides there already that good

im not flaming or moaning it is a point that needed to be addressed.

Good luck to all
Drew guides were always well documented and he explained very well and with a good structure, step by step, what he was going to explain on his guide, the theory part explained the concept he wanted to make and how he will do it, and the other was always well explained.

PK2 guides were not that important back before the server files release because it didnt gave money, the people like me, who where making guides, always explained well why we were about to modify something and for what reason, and people still experimented a lot with the client and always learned something new by themselves. The problem is that since the serverfiles release, pk2 edit knoweldge actually is profitable, and you can get money from it, so instead of learning, people are just looking for fast and easy money and simply copy stuff from guides and sell it to pservers saying its "his work", or simply make a server and make threads everywhere expecting everyone to help him to keep his shitty server up so he can continue getting money from the players.

The current guides about serverfiles doesnt explain a shit about what the user is doing, it just says "insert this shit on this table, then insert this other shit on this other table, and also execute this query", without explain anything really, just telling what to do for make something.

Few examples of old and new guides:

My pk2 edit guides:

I used the same structure as drew guides because they were always easy to follow and understand.

Pushedx random guide:

You actually always learnt something from the guides, you know what you wanted to do, what you was doing and what every single thing did.

Actual guides examples:

Silkroad-R Skills:

Where is the theory? What the fuck does those lines do? For what are the Group Skill lines? What does the txt files that I donwload contain?

Custom names on NPC's:

No explanation of nothing at all, what the fuck did I just applied on my server?

And I could continue. Guides are not guides anymore, but steps you have to follow without know what you are doing to apply something on your server in order to get more players and money.

I hope I made my point.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/17/2012, 18:30   #20

Quote:
Drew guides were always well documented and he explained very well and with a good structure, step by step, what he was going to explain on his guide, the theory part explained the concept he wanted to make and how he will do it, and the other was always well explained.

PK2 guides were not that important back before the server files release because it didnt gave money, the people like me, who where making guides, always explained well why we were about to modify something and for what reason, and people still experimented a lot with the client and always learned something new by themselves. The problem is that since the serverfiles release, pk2 edit knoweldge actually is profitable, and you can get money from it, so instead of learning, people are just looking for fast and easy money and simply copy stuff from guides and sell it to pservers saying its "his work", or simply make a server and make threads everywhere expecting everyone to help him to keep his shitty server up so he can continue getting money from the players.

The current guides about serverfiles doesnt explain a shit about what the user is doing, it just says "insert this shit on this table, then insert this other shit on this other table, and also execute this query", without explain anything really, just telling what to do for make something.

Few examples of old and new guides:

My pk2 edit guides:

I used the same structure as drew guides because they were always easy to follow and understand.

Pushedx random guide:

You actually always learnt something from the guides, you know what you wanted to do, what you was doing and what every single thing did.

Actual guides examples:

Silkroad-R Skills:

Where is the theory? What the fuck does those lines do? For what are the Group Skill lines? What does the txt files that I donwload contain?

Custom names on NPC's:

No explanation of nothing at all, what the fuck did I just applied on my server?

And I could continue. Guides are not guides anymore, but steps you have to follow without know what you are doing to apply something on your server in order to get more players and money.

I hope I made my point.
what you are trying to say that's if there are guides it must be helpful but not blind steps i agree with you at all
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/17/2012, 18:35   #21

elite*gold: 20
@up, yep this!!!
Quote:
there are guides it must be helpful but not blind steps
Old 09/17/2012, 18:52   #22

" release " [ i hate this word ].
Old 09/17/2012, 19:11   #23

everybody just shut the fk up and let the guy to make a guide
Old 09/17/2012, 21:55   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankorezis View Post
everybody just shut the fk up and let the guy to make a guide
I hope you're just kidding if not you are the perfect example of what we call a brainless guy

-----

"Release" its a just a link what you are releasing ? (ups sorry you release that link).

I think you must do a guide explaining what is the WorldID and the relationships with the Game_World table and game_world_config. Also refinstance_world_region and refregion.
And then give the chance for the people who want to learn something to take that knowledge and add it by themselves.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/18/2012, 01:38   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed4ever2u View Post
i dont share for free with egyptions kids !
its the same person !
most of the egyptions silkroad players are 12~18 ! and i dont like to make those "kids" have every thing for free
specially when some one pop out and say Hi man i'm a silkroad developer
i didn`t noticed that " adding items to npc " is everything ^^

the trues is that u just looking for money , its not about who have what , u just don`t like to give anything for free , and when ur small brain got it that everything will be shared with u or no , so u wanna be the hero whos sharing everything , cheers
Old 09/18/2012, 08:38   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ²²NoName²² View Post
i didn`t noticed that " adding items to npc " is everything ^^

the trues is that u just looking for money , its not about who have what , u just don`t like to give anything for free , and when ur small brain got it that everything will be shared with u or no , so u wanna be the hero whos sharing everything , cheers
true .
you mad?
Old 09/18/2012, 12:19   #27

i dont know if this helps but here it is:
_RefGame_World:
Code:
112	INS_ARABIA_DUNGEON	1	100	8	0	0	0	10800000	600000	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON
113	INS_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	1	100	8	0	0	0	10800000	600000	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS
114	INS_ARABIA_PETRA	1	100	8	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_ARABIA_PETRA
115	INS_ARABIA_GARDEN	1	100	8	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_ARABIA_GARDEN
116	INS_SURVIVAL_COLOSSEUM	1	200	20	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_SURVIVAL_COLOSSEUM
117	INS_SURVIVAL_DESERT	1	200	30	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_SURVIVAL_DESERT
118	INS_SURVIVAL_PALACE	1	200	50	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_SURVIVAL_PALACE

_RefGame_World_Config:
Code:
1	400	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE_A	STRING
1	401	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_LEVEL_MINIMUM_NUM	121	INT32
1	402	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1800000	INT32
1	403	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1200000	INT32
1	404	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	600000	INT32
1	405	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	300000	INT32
1	406	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_ENTRY_MAXIMUM_NUM	3	INT32
1	407	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_FRPVP_VOUCHER_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	408	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_FLEAMARKET	ON	STRING
1	409	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_RIDE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	410	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	411	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	CONTROL_NOTIFY_SPAWN_UNIQUE_MONSTER_MSG	ON	STRING
1	412	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_REENTRY	ON	STRING
1	413	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_JOB_CLOTHES_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	414	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_PARTY	ON	STRING
1	415	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE	ON	STRING
1	416	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE_A	STRING
1	417	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_LEVEL_MINIMUM_NUM	121	INT32
1	418	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1800000	INT32
1	419	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1200000	INT32
1	420	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	600000	INT32
1	421	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	300000	INT32
1	422	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_ENTRY_MAXIMUM_NUM	3	INT32
1	423	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_FRPVP_VOUCHER_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	424	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_FLEAMARKET	ON	STRING
1	425	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_RIDE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	426	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	427	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	CONTROL_NOTIFY_SPAWN_UNIQUE_MONSTER_MSG	ON	STRING
1	428	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_REENTRY	ON	STRING
1	429	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_JOB_CLOTHES_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	430	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_PARTY	ON	STRING
1	431	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE	ON	STRING
Old 09/18/2012, 12:26   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercom View Post
i dont know if this helps but here it is:
_RefGame_World:
Code:
112	INS_ARABIA_DUNGEON	1	100	8	0	0	0	10800000	600000	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON
113	INS_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	1	100	8	0	0	0	10800000	600000	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS
114	INS_ARABIA_PETRA	1	100	8	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_ARABIA_PETRA
115	INS_ARABIA_GARDEN	1	100	8	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_ARABIA_GARDEN
116	INS_SURVIVAL_COLOSSEUM	1	200	20	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_SURVIVAL_COLOSSEUM
117	INS_SURVIVAL_DESERT	1	200	30	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_SURVIVAL_DESERT
118	INS_SURVIVAL_PALACE	1	200	50	0	0	0	0	0	GROUP_SURVIVAL_PALACE

_RefGame_World_Config:
Code:
1	400	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE_A	STRING
1	401	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_LEVEL_MINIMUM_NUM	121	INT32
1	402	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1800000	INT32
1	403	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1200000	INT32
1	404	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	600000	INT32
1	405	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	300000	INT32
1	406	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_ENTRY_MAXIMUM_NUM	3	INT32
1	407	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_FRPVP_VOUCHER_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	408	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_FLEAMARKET	ON	STRING
1	409	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_RIDE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	410	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	411	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	CONTROL_NOTIFY_SPAWN_UNIQUE_MONSTER_MSG	ON	STRING
1	412	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_REENTRY	ON	STRING
1	413	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_JOB_CLOTHES_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	414	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_PARTY	ON	STRING
1	415	GROUP_ARABIA_DUNGEON	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE	ON	STRING
1	416	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE	GAME_WORLD_NORMALIZE_TYPE_A	STRING
1	417	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_LEVEL_MINIMUM_NUM	121	INT32
1	418	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1800000	INT32
1	419	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	1200000	INT32
1	420	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	600000	INT32
1	421	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	GAMEWORLD_DISAPPEARANCE_TIME	300000	INT32
1	422	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_ENTRY_MAXIMUM_NUM	3	INT32
1	423	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_FRPVP_VOUCHER_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	424	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_FLEAMARKET	ON	STRING
1	425	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_RIDE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	426	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE_COS_NOT_RIDING	ON	STRING
1	427	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	CONTROL_NOTIFY_SPAWN_UNIQUE_MONSTER_MSG	ON	STRING
1	428	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_REENTRY	ON	STRING
1	429	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_JOB_CLOTHES_TAKE_OFF	ON	STRING
1	430	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_PARTY	ON	STRING
1	431	GROUP_ARABIA_FIELD_02_BOSS	ENTERWORLD_LIMIT_CONDITION_TRADE	ON	STRING
its not
Old 09/18/2012, 13:38   #29

Hi
i need little help, i need know something
example: database _RefObjCommon+ _RefObjItem = client side itemdata.txt
example: database _RefObjCommon+ _RefObjChar = client side chardata.txt
etc etc. Ihope, i will get help here.. Arabia maps have good work... :-)
Old 09/18/2012, 14:53   #30

What other texts required to run the map (Media side)?other than Refregion

I get a crash in the middle of the loading screen ingame when spawning in an arabian area.